cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Climate deal sealed by US U-turn

[size=13pt]Climate deal sealed by US U-turn[/size]

Delegates at the UN summit in Bali have agreed a deal on curbing climate change after days of bitter wrangling.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Re: Climate deal sealed by US U-turn

So we got a deal that sucks ass.

sodaknick is offline Starter

Normally I wouldn't even address these kinds of topics on a sight like this one, but this issue truly makes my blood boil. These idiots are guaging the whole of human existence on less than 100 years of data. This whole global warming craze is the saddest excuse for real science since scientists claimed the earth was flat. That conclusion was also drawn only from purely empirical data.

There are real problems out there that are being ignored because the so-called dogooders would rather spend billions of dollars on something that will be proven completely wrong in the next few years. In the meantime, people starve and die from the neglect of morons chasing their anti-capitalism garbage.

Oh, and GO VIKINGS!!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I can tell you this thread will be locked soon.
    If people would just read rather than believe all the crap the press tells them, they may be informed enough to make some intelligent decisions.
    Mark my words on this one -- The global warming hoax will lead to a carbon emission tax which will go into the government treasury and be wasted on pork projects. The whole hoax is designed to make you feel bad that YOU are at fault for runing this world and you will gladly pay a tax to amend for your sins.
    Now add to that
    higher taxes tax to pay for everyone's health care (socialized medicine), higher gas taxes to pay for the sin of driving your gas guzzling SUV,
    and how much are you going to take home in your paycheck?

It's time that this country wake up and realize you have to do some things for yourself and you can't let the government "give" you everything.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

sodaknick is offline Starter

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    If that isn't the picture of reasoned tought, I don't know what is... ;D

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"sodaknick" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    If that isn't the picture of reasoned tought, I don't know what is... ;D
    This is more like it............

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I can tell you this thread will be locked soon.
    If people would just read rather than believe all the crap the press tells them, they may be informed enough to make some intelligent decisions.
    Mark my words on this one -- The global warming hoax will lead to a carbon emission tax which will go into the government treasury and be wasted on pork projects. The whole hoax is designed to make you feel bad that YOU are at fault for runing this world and you will gladly pay a tax to amend for your sins.
    Now add to that
    higher taxes tax to pay for everyone's health care (socialized medicine), higher gas taxes to pay for the sin of driving your gas guzzling SUV,
    and how much are you going to take home in your paycheck?

It's time that this country wake up and realize you have to do some things for yourself and you can't let the government "give" you everything.
    You know I read a lot. And this thing is by no means a hoax. I can't understand how anyone can say that.
    Icecore borings has revealed data from the weather the past 10.000s of years.

I don't understand why you want to put in healthcare in this debate, but I'm baffled that you don't want a public health care reform in the US. But then I'm not an American.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I am not a big supporter of the fight against carbon emmissions, but I am in favor of conservation. Here is a link to a site that is pretty close to what the real situation is. http://www.michaelcrichton.net/speec...talfuture.html

The world has used over a trillion barrels of oil. To put that into perspective if you started counted seconds it would take 31709years before you reached a trillion. If you went backwards in time that would be 29702 b.c.. I don't believe that there is enough oil on earth to continue this for ever. And in fact we don't actually have to run out of oil to start seeing the effects. Here is a website that explains peak oil.
    http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/
    This website is a little extreme but do a couple of google searches and you will see it is no joke.

I don't think global warming is that scary, as our environment changes we will adapt, it is in the nature of humans to adapt. But oil is a non renewable resource that should not be wasted the way it currently is.