Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Clerk Says Scanty Attire Was Distraction

"twill" wrote:
    "thanatoschristou" wrote:
    I think it is good to have these age restrictions. But if you are old enough to die for your country you are old enough to drink. (Drink in moderation).
    thats a quote from 2pac.. and i agree with it.
    I, along with others, have been saying it long before 2Pac was even heard of. :wink:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    i see no problem with selling alchohal to minors

8 or 9 year olds it doesn't matter? Should we sell them Cigarettes and handguns too?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

Checking I.D. really isnt that hard to do. If she was that good looking, he could ask for I.D. and keep her in there longer if he loved staring at her so much. Heck, if he was really creepy he could have found her on myspace or something if he looked at her I.D.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I wonder how often they send in a teenage girl dressed in a regular shirt and jeans, carrying a school book bag......I"ll bet you never.........They do at times try to entrap these clerks. And thats a fact.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

In holland and probarely whole Europe you can get it when your 16.
    I'm strongly againts selling alcohol to minors, they get behind the wheel and kill themselfs or somebody else.
    Nah... i think 18+ is an Ok Limit
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "twill" wrote:
    "thanatoschristou" wrote:
    I think it is good to have these age restrictions. But if you are old enough to die for your country you are old enough to drink. (Drink in moderation).
    thats a quote from 2pac.. and i agree with it.
    I, along with others, have been saying it long before 2Pac was even heard of. :wink:
    They already make an exception for soldiers...if you are 18 and are in the military, you can drink if you show them your military ID...at least my cousins in the National Guard were allowed to where I grew up.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

When I came out of boot camp in the Army, I was still only 16 1/2 years old, I would put on my kaykis and go out on the town during leaves....I never was turned down at a bar. And believe me, I had a baby face back then.... Then again, drinking age was only 18 then.

I have to agree though, it's not a good thing, teens and alcohal....To many young deaths as it is in the world already today.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

If you are old enough to VOTE and old enough to DIE for you Country you should be alowed to drink.(IMHO)

The thing that gets me about these "stings" is that they blackmail kids that have gotten in trouble for something else and say "hey if you help us with this we will forget about what you did" to me thats just not right.
    I.B.O.T. #213

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"sunny" wrote:
    If you are old enough to VOTE and old enough to DIE for you Country you should be alowed to drink.(IMHO)

The thing that gets me about these "stings" is that they blackmail kids that have gotten in trouble for something else and say "hey if you help us with this we will forget about what you did" to me thats just not right.
    Not really. In fact, wiping a record clean in this day and age takes a lot more work than it is worth just for a "sting". I have seen one time in the past where a teen sentanced to community service elected to be a decoy as part of his sentance, but usually the decoys are hired out through other sources.
    But Gary Francis, the local OLCC agent who coordinates the stings and hires the decoys, isn't persuaded.
    The bottom line is, don't sell to people under 21. If you disagree with the law for whatever reason, talk to your congressmen. That is what happened in the 70s. The drinking age was originally set at 21 after prohibition, but was lowered in the 1970s by 29 states, the same time the voting age was lowered. The biggest arguement was "if you are old engouh to vote or die for your country..." Unfortunately, most of the states that lowered the drinking age to 18 saw a significant increase in alcohol related deaths. In 1984, the year the national drinking age was raised to 21, more than half of fatal crashes caused by drivers aged 15-20 were alcohol-related. By 1994, that figure had dropped to 22 percent, but it rose to 31 percent in 2003, according to federal statistics.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12