Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Child Custody case - a real heartbreaker.....

Oakland Tribune - August 29, 2006
    Oakland, CA(AP) - A seven-year-old boy was at the center of an Alameda courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible. The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Oakland Raiders, whom the boy firmly believes is not capable of beating anyone.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Child Custody case - a real heartbreaker.....

LOL! That's a good one.. Like this one too:

Associated Press (9/15/2006, 8:30 AM PST)

OAKLAND , (CA)--Oakland Raiders football practice was delayed nearly two hours today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field. Head coach Art Shell immediately suspended practice and called the police and federal investigators. After a complete analysis, FBI forensic experts determined that the white substance unknown to Raider players was the GOAL LINE. Practice resumed after special agents decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

LOL haha i was reading that for a while and was like
    :'( but you thilly thally, u turns my frown upside down

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Prophet Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    Oakland Tribune - August 29, 2006
    Oakland, CA(AP) - A seven-year-old boy was at the center of an Alameda courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible. The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Oakland Raiders, whom the boy firmly believes is not capable of beating anyone.

=Z=
    I was seriously bummed reading this post until the end.
    Good one.

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

;D ;D ;D ;D Oh man that is killa funny I am going to send that to a couple of fader fans I know. 2 of which I have bets going on right now! They both believe that the faders will have a better season than the VIKES. The 1st guy bet me $400 and the second guy I went easy on
    and just bet him a bottle of rum
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

Christie is offline Starter

Boy these are great
    post felt really bad for the kid tell i reached the end.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

Oh, that is so funny!

[img width=80 height=80]http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/dirtbox/pics/muttley.gif[/img]
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

I heard the Raiders were planning a field trip to the endzone but Coach Shell didn't know how to get the team there

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

that's funny and very true.