Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Chicago Cubs Thread for 2009

With the Vikings season over :'(..it's time to get back in baseball mode

Here's all the major off season Cubs news I can think of so far:

Ryan Dempster can ride his bike to work for the next four years.

The All-Star right-hander agreed to a four-year, $52 million deal on Tuesday to remain with the Cubs, including a $14 million player option for the 2012 season. He gets a $4 million signing bonus
    On November 13, 2008, after acquiring closer Kevin Gregg from the Florida Marlins, Cubs general manager Jim Hendry announced that the organization does not plan on resigning Wood. He had previously requested a multi-year contract with the team, but was deferred due to financial reasons. Wood stated he wished to remain with the Cubs, but also wanted to continue playing baseball.
    After a relatively slow off-season, the Cubs stepped it up on New Year's Eve, saying goodbye to Mark DeRosa while welcoming his replacement, Aaron Miles.

DeRosa was traded to Cleveland for three pitching prospects, shortly after the announcement that Miles, a 32-year-old free agent, had agreed to a two-year, $4.9 million deal.
    The Cubs dealt Jason Marquis to the Rockies on Tuesday for reliever Luis Vizcaino and created an opening in the rotation for another starting pitcher.
    The Cubs on Friday re-signed outfielder Reed Johnson and relievers Chad Gaudin and Neal Cotts to one-year contracts and thus avoided salary arbitration.
    It's gonna happen this year. Go Cubs
    8)

Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Chicago Cubs Thread for 2009

I hate baseball.

I'm a bigger fan of football too. Like in baseball, I have a hard time watching
    a full game by any team besides the Cubs but in the NFL, I can watch pretty much any game and not get bored. But football is over and I find basketball and hockey extremely boring, so here we sit.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

[img width=450 height=437]http://www.peoriadefense.com/photo_host/DearChicagoCubs_9ECC/goat.jpg[/img]

[img width=450 height=450]http://www.inkblotopera.com/Cubs%20Suck%201.jpg[/img]

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    [img width=450 height=450]http://www.inkblotopera.com/Cubs%20Suck%201.jpg[/img]
    Nothing like being a Cards fan and winning 10 of those bad boys before the Cubs...Might have the dumbest fans in baseball(until recently). They would fill the stadium with crappy teams over and over and over. And take pride in being lovable losers, have fun with that....

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

Cubs chairman thinks sale's imminent

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9094140/?MSNHPHCP&GT1=39002

I really wish Mark Cuban could buy the Cubs like he wants to
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

"Tad7" wrote:
    a full game by any team besides the Cubs but in the NFL, I can watch pretty much any game and not get bored. But football is over and I find basketball and hockey extremely boring, so here we sit.
    I love baseball. GO TWINS!!!

What i think is funny, is you like the cubs but think hockey is boring. Hockey is 1000x faster paced then baseball. For one thing there's no practicing during the game, unlike baseball. Hockey controls its own pace, and the refs. are there for the serious things. You probably think hockey is boring, because you either don't understand it, or live in a place where it basically doesn't exist.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

"STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:
    I love baseball. GO TWINS!!!

What i think is funny, is you like the cubs but think hockey is boring. Hockey is 1000x faster paced then baseball. For one thing there's no practicing during the game, unlike baseball. Hockey controls its own pace, and the refs. are there for the serious things. You probably think hockey is boring, because you either don't understand it, or live in a place where it basically doesn't exist.
    I have no real explanation for why I think hockey is boring...I just do and I can't get into it. Except on PS3
    :P

I live in ND so hockey is a big deal..especially UND...and I've watched enough college and NHL to "understand it".
    My dad played hockey all through high school and even for fun after that and he can't stand watching it either. He's a huge Vikings and Cubs fan and all I remember watching with him when I was kid was football and baseball so that's probably part of the reason too.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast