Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Re: Chicago Cubs Thread for 2008

Go Cubbies man i love the city of chicago, hate the bears but love those cubs. we have such nice hitting this year with fukodome, derek lee, soriano, ramirez, man i think after all of those years of crap we will finally win the big one it might be like the 100 year curse is lifted and this is our year plus we are chicagos real team the and we will sweep the whitesux during interleague play and our division is weak considering the only power team besides us is milwaukee

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    That is a smart idea. So did you take it down when the Brewers won?
    I run it up after a Cubs victory and then take it down when I take down the USA flag at night.

Not sure how I'm going to handle it for night games, but I intend to fly it after EVERY victory, and take a picture.
    That's ALOT of UGLY pictures...of you, not the flag.
    :P
    I won't be in all the pictures, don't worry.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Another nailbiter tonight....

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20080409&content_id=2508047& vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc&partnered=rss_chc

[size=12pt]Pie lifts Cubs to win in 15 innings[/size]
    Starter Dempster allows one hit in seven scoreless innings
    By Carrie Muskat / MLB.com

PITTSBURGH -- If anyone understood exactly what Kerry Wood was feeling after Wednesday's game, it was Ryan Dempster.

Felix Pie slapped a game-winning two-out, two-run single in the 15th inning to lift the Cubs to a 6-4 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates in the second straight extra-inning game between the two teams. It didn't have to be that way.

Dempster held the Pirates to one hit over seven scoreless innings, but did not get a decision as Wood, his replacement as closer, served up a game-tying home run to Jason Bay in the ninth.
    And here's the picture, taken between the 3rd period and OT of the Wild's loss last night.

[img width=450 height=337]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/AWZeus/DSCN1078.jpg[/img]

=Z=

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20080410&content_id=2512503& vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc&partnered=rss_chc

[size=12pt]Lieber, Soto lead Cubs to sweep[/size]
    Starter Hill struggles with command, pulled after three innings

PITTSBURGH -- Rich Hill did exactly what the Cubs didn't want him to do, and Jon Lieber did exactly what a veteran should.

Geovany Soto and Mike Fontenot each hit two-run homers in a five-run sixth inning Thursday night to power the Cubs to their fifth straight win, a 7-3 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates, and complete the sweep. And it only took nine innings to do it.

Soto posted his second career four-hit game to back Lieber (2-1), who picked up the win in 4 1/3 innings of relief of Hill. After back-to-back extra-inning games, Hill had to go deep. He didn't.
    And my dream of taking a picture after every win died on the couch as I snoozed last night.

=Z=

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20080410&content_id=2512503& vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc&partnered=rss_chc

PITTSBURGH -- Rich Hill did exactly what the Cubs didn't want him to do, and Jon Lieber did exactly what a veteran should.

Geovany Soto and Mike Fontenot each hit two-run homers in a five-run sixth inning Thursday night to power the Cubs to their fifth straight win, a 7-3 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates, and complete the sweep. And it only took nine innings to do it.

Soto posted his second career four-hit game to back Lieber (2-1), who picked up the win in 4 1/3 innings of relief of Hill. After back-to-back extra-inning games, Hill had to go deep. He didn't.
    And my dream of taking a picture after every win died on the couch as I snoozed last night.

=Z=
    You couldn't take it this morning?

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

You couldn't take it this morning?
    Well, no.
    Today's game is tonight.

=Z=

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

No W flag tonight.
    Zambrano didn't look very good, but he's a better pitcher than that so he'll rebound.

Twins won at least.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20080413&content_id=2523315& vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc&partnered=rss_chc

[size=12pt]Cubs benefit from error, top Phils in 10[/size]
    Cedeno scores on Utley's miscue as Chicago ends trip at 4-2

PHILADELPHIA -- The Cubs can use a day off.
    They played their third extra-inning game in the last six on Sunday, edging the Phillies, 6-5, in 10 innings to avoid being swept and finish their Pennsylvania road trip at 4-2.

The offense has scuffled on this trip, and the game-winning run was a perfect example. With the game tied at 5 in the Cubs' 10th, Rudy Seanez walked Ronny Cedeno, who advanced on Ryan Theriot's sacrifice. Geovany Soto walked, and pitcher Carlos Zambrano, batting for Kerry Wood, hit what should've been a double-play ball.

The Phillies did get the force at second, but Chase Utley's throw to first bounced for an error, allowing Cedeno to score.
    And here's the pic from yesterday....

[img width=450 height=337]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/AWZeus/IMG00049.jpg[/img]

=Z=

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    That is a smart idea. So did you take it down when the Brewers won?
    I run it up after a Cubs victory and then take it down when I take down the USA flag at night.

Not sure how I'm going to handle it for night games, but I intend to fly it after EVERY victory, and take a picture.
    That's ALOT of UGLY pictures...of you, not the flag.
    I won't be in all the pictures, don't worry.

=Z=
    Praise Purple Jesus!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast