Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VikingPatrick is offline Rookie

Cheeseheads are Nazis!!!!

MILLARD, Wis. -- A retired farmer who says he served in a branch of a German paramilitary unit in World War II is turning his back 40 into a battleground of sorts with his memorial to a leader he claims is misunderstood — Adolf Hitler.
    Ted Junker, 87, plans a grand opening June 25 and says his goal is to clear up inaccuracies about the war and Hitler's role in it.

In other words, he doesn't accept that Hitler was to blame for starting the war in which 50 million people died, including some 6 million Jewish victims of the Holocaust.

"I like the U.S. I can't understand why people don't know the truth. This is for understanding, not hate," Junker said.

"I'd say he's full of bull," said the Rev. John Donnelly, a professor of history at Marquette University.

"I'm sure he looks back and wants to say that he was not serving a super evil man, the most evil man in (the 20th century)," Donnelly said. "He's looking for some kind of personal sense of redemption, and I don't think he can be taken seriously at all."

Kathy Heilbronner, assistant director of the Milwaukee Jewish Council for Community Relations, described Junker as a classic Holocaust denier.

"In making these assertions, he's deliberately choosing to ignore the overwhelming volume of everything that supports every aspect of the Holocaust," Heilbronner said.

Junker said he volunteered to join the German Waffen-SS in 1940 and served in Russia, where the Germans worked to free Russians from communism. The Waffen-SS was the fighting branch of the Nazi party's dreaded paramilitary unit, the Schutzstaffel. Commonly known as the SS, the unit acted as a special police force and was involved in some of the worst crimes committed in territory under Nazi control during World War II.

Better equipped than regular army troops, Waffen-SS members were used notably to secure Nazi-occupied areas and to combat partisans or other opposition forces. They also fought on the front lines next to regular army troops.

Junker came to the United States in 1955. He said he worked as a janitor in Chicago and bought 120 acres in Walworth County 43 years ago to farm.

He said most of his four children oppose his Hitler memorial, which is in a concrete structure in the side of a hill and has a German flag and other items for display.

"He's just a mixed up old man," said Sugar Creek Town Chairman Loren Waite.

He said Junker told local officials he was going to build a tractor shed, not a Hitler memorial, and he hasn't applied for a conditional-use permit he would need for the venture.

Waite said he doesn't like the notoriety the memorial is bringing for the town.

"As long as it was just on his back 40, that was one thing, but now that he's gone public, we're afraid of what's going to happen here," Waite said.

Whats next......Heil Farve???
    When All else fails....at least theres Football. Beer, and Women (not necessarily in that order)

Re: Cheeseheads are Nazis!!!!

In other words, he doesn't accept that Hitler was to blame for starting the war in which 50 million people died, including some 6 million Jewish victims of the Holocaust.

dude, it was obviously the Jews fault :roll:
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

I hate Freckin Nazis. Last year, I had a guest speaker at my school who survived Aushwitz and it was really sad to hear what he went through.

Thank you Josdin for the sig

Prophet Guest

Yet another model citizen :roll:. Give him a one-way ticket to Somalia where he can clear his mind.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

he doesn't accept that Hitler was to blame for starting the war
    Right...because he didn't invade the Rhineland or take over Poland. :roll:

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    Right...because he didn't invade the Rhineland or take over Poland. roll
    don't forget the Sudetanland and Czechoslovakia (don't know how I actually remembered that)
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"farvathevikinglover" wrote:

dude, it was obviously the Jews fault :roll:
    obviously

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    don't forget the Sudetanland and Czechoslovakia (don't know how I actually remembered that)
    Yep...but that was BEFORE the war. The rest of Europe pretty much just GAVE him that to appease him because they didn't want a war in 1938...but they got one in 1939 instead.

As f***ed up as Hitler was, WWII is one of my favorite era in history to study.

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

"Prophet" wrote:
    Yet another model citizen :roll:. Give him a one-way ticket to Somalia where he can clear his mind.
    Give him a one way ticket to my fist in his face. I won't hesitate to punch an 87 year old in the head.

People like this really make me mad.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    Yep...but that was BEFORE the war. The rest of Europe pretty much just GAVE him that to appease him because they didn't want a war in 1938...but they got one in 1939 instead.
    yeah, and then the British prime minister stepped down because the appeasement didn't help any, and then good ol' Winston stepped up
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast