Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Cheer Up Everyone ....

Well, been reading on the board the last couple days and everyone seems in the dumper. Sure, with gas prices going through the roof, interest rates increasing, values of homes becoming stagnant or decreasing, national debt increasing, disaster in New Orleans, war oversea's, etc., etc., AND etc .... Let's remember one thing:

THE REGULAR SEASON STARTS IN 10 DAYS FOR THE VIKINGS !!!!!

I personally, come here to relax and enjoy some light banter about the Vikes and the NFL in general ... that's just me.

I would like to hear what everyone is looking forward to the most with the NFL season upon us:

Me, hoping our offensive line holds up and have enough running backs available to make a deep run in the playoffs.

#2) Very interested in seeing if the Raiders and Moss can knock off the Pat's in the season opener next Thursday night.

Sidenote: Hope the Gophers (ESPN2 tonight 10pm est) can finally get over the hump and beat Michigan to have a good season.

Del Rio Guest

Re: Cheer Up Everyone ....

In no particular order

The Vikings season.

1) Ted Cottrell can he do it now that he has more talent?
    2) Brian Williams will he have me eating crow?
    3) Udeze, will he be able to outplay James?
    4) Fat Pat, how much will he help?
    5) Is Smoot more mouth then game?

General NFL

1) Will Alex Smith play, will he survive playing on a very low talent team?
    2) How Mike Williams plays compared to Williamson
    3) How D. Johnson does.
    4) Moss
    5) Andre Dyson will he do well?

General
    1) How many pork rinds can I eat before commercial is over?
    2) Will my HS team hold up under the pressure?
    3) When will the cat my wife made me buy die? Will it be this year?

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"Del Rio" wrote:
    In no particular order

The Vikings season.

1) Ted Cottrell can he do it now that he has more talent?
    2) Brian Williams will he have me eating crow?
    3) Udeze, will he be able to outplay James?
    4) Fat Pat, how much will he help?
    5) Is Smoot more mouth then game?

General NFL

1) Will Alex Smith play, will he survive playing on a very low talent team?
    2) How Mike Williams plays compared to Williamson
    3) How D. Johnson does.
    4) Moss
    5) Andre Dyson will he do well?

General
    1) How many pork rinds can I eat before commercial is over?
    2) Will my HS team hold up under the pressure?
    3) When will the cat my wife made me buy die? Will it be this year?
    1) I think Cottrell is as much on the hotseat as Tice is, if not more so this year.
    2) B.Will will be outplayed by Brown ... I think just give it time.
    3) James will outplay Udeze.
    4) Fat Pat will greatly improve our run defense and allow K.Will to have a huge year.
    5) The book is still out on Smoot ... I'm personally not as optimistic as I once was on him ... time will tell.

-----------------------------------------

1) A.Smith ... wont play that much this year. I think they already learned their lesson on that one.
    2) Will be a battle ... I must admitt I was one who wanted M.Williams around draft time .... I think in the end it will be a wash and they both will do well.
    3) D.Johnson ... I dont think will do much. Will be a good player, but not a superstar.
    4) Moss, I see his numbers dropping. Porter and the rest will want their touches a lot more that others in MN did. He will still have his fair share of highlight catches though.
    5) A.Dyson will excell in Billicks offense, just hope Boller can get him the ball enough ... lots of pressure on that kid this year to step up.

----------------------------------------------------
    1) My bet ..... 13
    2) Cant comment on, dont know enough
    3) I wish you well on this one, I would feel the same way ... lol

Del Rio Guest

Hot dayum look at that all my questions answered. Looks about what a lot of people would say of course I suspect fat pat will be a waste of space, and B-will can do a good enough job to stick around ahead of Brown.

Also A. Dyson, the one I am talking about is a CB for the Seahawks. He's an old friend of mine. If they lose to the 49ers he said he would buy me a truck LOL! So I have two chances to get me a new ride. Of course he will forget about the bet if that happens.

Those were just things I will be keeping an eye on, I have opinions on how they will turn out, so I will be interested to see how they pan out.

That's all side crap I want the Vikes to tear it up no matter what that's the big one.

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

The Vikings season.

1) Will the defense actually improve?
    2) Will C4 get some carries and how will he look?
    3) Will Napo suck and make us look like idiots?
    4) Williamson and James seasons.

General NFL

1) Braylon vs Mike vs Troy
    2) Moss and Woodson
    3) Ernest Shazor and Marlin Jackson

Also to answer your question mnjamie no Michigan will not loose to Maroney. Lamarr Woodley will completly shut him out because hes amazing.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

"fred3105" wrote:
    The Vikings season.

1) Will the defense actually improve?
    2) Will C4 get some carries and how will he look?
    3) Will Napo suck and make us look like idiots?
    4) Williamson and James seasons.

General NFL

1) Braylon vs Mike vs Troy
    2) Moss and Woodson
    3) Ernest Shazor and Marlin Jackson

Also to answer your question mnjamie no Michigan will not loose to Maroney. Lamarr Woodley will completly shut him out because hes amazing.
    General NFL

1) Braylon will put up the best #'s, only because he in position to get more touches, whereas Williams and Williamson are 3 to 4 on their respective depth charts.
    2)Moss will have a typical Moss year, I'd say 80-90 catches, 1300-1500 yards and 13-16 TD's. Woodson, being the only defensive player worth crap on the Raiders could have a career year, but it wouldn't matter, they'd still suck.
    3)Shazor and Jackson will both struggle.

Vikings
    1) I look for the defense to start to mesh about 3-4 games into the season, prior to that, they'll be average at best. Once they get used to playing as a unit, then they begin to win games for us.
    2)If you're referring to Fason by C4, don't count on it. The only way he plays is if Moore, Bennett, and Williams all go down for a significant amount of time. If Moore and Bennett go down, they'll make Williams the starter before Fason.
    3)Harris won't be Ray Lewis, but I think he'll have a solid year, playing with a chip on his shoulder, and will likely be among our leading tacklers, and probably lead our LB's in sacks.
    4)Williamson will be impressive and will help us stretch the field, but he's not going to get the chance to put up pro bowl caliber #'s. Erasmus James on the other hand, will probably see a lot more PT, and could very well be a 10 sack guy as a rookie.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"JDogg926" wrote:
    The only way he plays is if Moore, Bennett, and Williams all go down for a significant amount of time. If Moore and Bennett go down, they'll make Williams the starter before Fason.
    No they won't. If Bennett and Moore are out for one game (and that wouldn't be ALL that surprising, considering that's happening tommorow, Fason would start. Moe is only a third down/short yardage back. He would struggle to play a whole game IMO. That's why he's not starting tommorow.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:
    The only way he plays is if Moore, Bennett, and Williams all go down for a significant amount of time. If Moore and Bennett go down, they'll make Williams the starter before Fason.
    No they won't. If Bennett and Moore are out for one game (and that wouldn't be ALL that surprising, considering that's happening tommorow, Fason would start. Moe is only a third down/short yardage back. He would struggle to play a whole game IMO. That's why he's not starting tommorow.
    I don't know. I like moe. Remember... He played a whole season a couple years back.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:
    I don't know. I like moe. Remember... He played a whole season a couple years back.
    I like him too. But I just don't think he would be very effective as an every down back. He did do just fine a couple years back, but he's a couple years older now, and I really think that a younger guy like Moore or C4 would do a much better job starting than Moe would.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:
    That's what I'm saying. He's proven that he can carry the load for a few games if he needs too.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast