Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

The Chappelle Theory

http://www.chappelletheory.com/

Go there and read all of that if you're interested in a detailed and interesting theory as to what happened to the Chappelle show. I read every bit of it and find some of it to be a bit far fetched but for some reason I believe it in a way, to an extent atleast.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The Chappelle Theory

It's much easier to believe that Dave just couldn't deal with success...and that he lost it.

But you never know!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

Interesting story but I find it hard to believe for a variety of reasons, including the fact that the author either doesn't know how to type or didn't take the time to make the story look professional. I could see how the story could be true to a lesser extent, however.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

It's pretty unbelievable when you think about it. Can you really see Whoopi Goldberg and Bill Cosby in on it like they supposedly were. Or even Oprah breaking in his home and drugging his wife.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Thank god it's over! It was just an awkard show for people to try and describe. Half the stuff was comedic-racist and most people could not discuss the shows content in public. Dave is talented and he made some money. But it's time to move on.

Question when will South Park finally end. It's funny for about 1-3 shows then it's just blah.

Maybe as I've gotten older I think man this is entertainment? This is why I watch mostly sports the king of reality TV. Except for that Packer butt-kicing last night ouch! :santa:

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

"Vikes" wrote:
    Thank god it's over! It was just an awkard show for people to try and describe. Half the stuff was comedic-racist and most people could not discuss the shows content in public. Dave is talented and he made some money. But it's time to move on.

Question when will South Park finally end. It's funny for about 1-3 shows then it's just blah.

Maybe as I've gotten older I think man this is entertainment? This is why I watch mostly sports the king of reality TV. Except for that Packer butt-kicing last night ouch! :santa:
    Sorry to break the news but season 3 IS coming to Comedy Central, they just did the promotions for it a couple days ago and it looks funnier than ever and I can't wait! And, I hope South Park never ends, I think they're still getting funnier every week. C'mon, you mean to tell me you don't think bashing Tom Cruise and R. Kelly is hilarious?? That one had me on the floor!

Del Rio Guest

South Park is great, and so is the Chappelle Show IMO. Jonathan Swift did the same comedy many moons ago only with a pen and paper. Attacking Social Situations that frankly should be attacked. Instead of burning down building in violent protest these shows get the point across with humor.

I read an article that Dave Chappelle got addicted to World of Warcraft lol.

As far as the theory in this thread I don't buy it at all.

SamDawg84 Guest

chappelle is a genious! i hope he comes back

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Although I can't imagine that Farrakkan, Sharpton, et al approve of the show, I must say, with all due respect, that this is bull$hit.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"hailtocarter" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:

Sorry to break the news but season 3 IS coming to Comedy Central, they just did the promotions for it a couple days ago and it looks funnier than ever and I can't wait! And, I hope South Park never ends, I think they're still getting funnier every week. C'mon, you mean to tell me you don't think bashing Tom Cruise and R. Kelly is hilarious?? That one had me on the floor!
    NOOOO Nah just kidding I've seen South Park twice and could not finish the movie. The one SP I remember was about some g*y-scout leader and people wanting him gone. At the time I was like WTF. But SP seems to have a viewing-market and more power to them.

I just think some of the stuff Dave C does is dumb. The crackhead stuff is just new blackface comedy to me.

I know I'm going to piss some people off but Howard Stern even crosses the line with me at times. I do think he is talented and funny at times.

But having people fart on the air for some sort of record is stupid. Thats not entertainment thats just being plain dumb.

The Stern shows with the celebrites on and Howard is giving them a hard time is funny to me. I found Hank the Dwarf and Beetle Juice to be victims of exploitation by Howard. Watching some little person drink themselves to death is not entertainment it's just an old school carnival act repackaged.

Disclaimer:I'm not mad at Dave C, Howard S or SP for making their money. They are talented I just find at times it's just plain dumb.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast