Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: chaotic anti-war rally

I think the thing what is being missed here is that these are high school and college students. Easily impressionable young people! I think they are (without making this political) upset with something bigger than just the military. So those of you in the military please don't take it personal. If I was in the military, I would be more upset about the majority in the apathetic middle than with the kids that have a fire in there belly.

I commend them for thinking they can make a difference or there voices will be heard. At this point, I don't feel like any of us make a difference, it is all about money and politics.

In essence, that(the last paragraph) is probabply what the soldiers are fighting for in Iraq and it is not even obtainable here, unless you have power.

"ViKing24" wrote:
    punks that did that. they should go back to what they do best hugging trees.
    This isn't about hugging trees or not hugging trees. From the quotes they had, it sounded like a Racial/Antiwar demonstration.

Sidenote about tree hugging:

I am 35 years old, and I remember in 2nd and 3rd grade reading in the "Weekly Reader" about global warming. Guess what, they(scientists) are still talking (almost 30 yrs) about it. The US is behind in its efforts to save the world, we are one of the worst polutanting countries (volume) on the planet, because of the liberties we take.

When people say well your children and their children will pay for our mistakes, they don't just mean with lives, they mean with money. The necessities to live will increase in price and decrease in quantity.

Seriously folks, no matter how big or small one thinks this issue is, the fact is, it isn't going away on its own.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

The people that use force or violence are not going to get their idea across to the other side. That force and resentment will be met an an equal and determined force, it is just nature's law. MLK had the best idea, peaceful resistance and keep hammering home your important issues of your message. And above all else be persistent, these kids have no idea and just do something to do it.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    The people that use force or violence are not going to get their idea across to the other side. That force and resentment will be met an an equal and determined force, it is just nature's law. MLK had the best idea, peaceful resistance and keep hammering home your important issues of your message. And above all else be persistent, these kids have no idea and just do something to do it.
    I agree with you totally on that whole quote.

That is why I said a few bad apple ruined the whole protest.

The only thing I can think about in this case that would support the Paint throwers, any publicity is good publicity. I would hav enever heard about this where I am at if it wasn't for the paint. That is what made the impression on people and made them think it was newsworthy, and then someone posted it here. But, I think they got attention, but their point was muddled quite a bit. That article was not about the point behind the protest as much as it was about the act itself.

Like I said before, the Hispanic/Latinos had a peaceful protest here in the south, and how many people in the northeren US heard about it.

Once again, for the record, I am not supporting the paint throwers, merely just playing the devil's advocate.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Redrouster" wrote:
    Reading that article just blows me away. I can't believe this idiots that talk about the military and have no idea about it. RACISM? The military is the banner for equality. My Sergeant Major is an African American and is the one of the best soldiers and leaders I have ever known. I respect him and would follow him anywhere. Some of the most ignorant people have to be the ones who scream and yell about something but have no clue about it.
    I agree.

Some of the best leaders I have evcer had were Hispanic. They were phenominal.

There is racsim everywhere, but the military is one place where people from all walks of life are combined into one brotherhood.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12