Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

chaotic anti-war rally

http://www.startribune.com/1592/story/398396.html

I comprehend that many are anti-war. However, this seems a little extreme...
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

UMDTwinsfan is offline Rookie

Re: chaotic anti-war rally

Difference in character between those who protect our country and those who just want to cause problems is pretty obvious with this statement.

"They're exercising their rights," said Army Capt. Val Bernat, adding that campus police alerted the office days earlier of a potential incident. "However, we don't appreciate the vandalism."

I'm sure some had good intentions(I have plenty of friends who are very against the war) but i think others would be protesting that we werent doing enough if we werent at war. It's encouraging that there were students with enough character to help out in cleaning up.
    Mike Tyson~ "My main objective is to be professional but to kill him."
    [img:01cfef02d5]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/MNTwins757/mine/Chrissfistattempt.jpg[/img:01cfef02d5]

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

punks that did that. they should go back to what they do best hugging trees.

Formerly Viking24

Don't want to get into the whole war debate, but I don't get the red paint thing. I understand the symbolic part, but does anyone really think that someone is going to see that and think, "wow, I no longer support the war?" Stuff like that makes it look more like an immature prank rather than thoughtful dissent.

That first picture is classic though. Those kids look nuts!
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I am all for protesting and it's their right.

However, what they did is not their right.

I applaud the students who helped clean up...they embrace the American spirit.

ultra
    101st Airborne

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

PEACEFUL DISSENT, AGAIN PEACEFUL DISSENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So many peole who are against this war are just hypocryts!! They say they are for peace but when they don't get their way the first thing they do is turn to violence.

Those idiots that marched looked like nuts when they lower themsleves to such tactics. They believe that any tactic is acceptable if they get the result that they want. Which is the exact type of behavior they are fighting against. What a bunch of ignorant, undisciplined goons!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Redrouster is offline Pro-Bowler

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    So many peole who are against this war are just hypocryts!! They say they are for peace but when they don't get their way the first thing they do is turn to violence.

Those idiots that marched looked like nuts when they lower themsleves to such tactics. They believe that any tactic is acceptable if they get the result that they want. Which is the exact type of behavior they are fighting against. What a bunch of ignorant, undisciplined goons!!!
    I agree! Great Comment!

Redrouster is offline Pro-Bowler

Reading that article just blows me away. I can't believe this idiots that talk about the military and have no idea about it. RACISM? The military is the banner for equality. My Sergeant Major is an African American and is the one of the best soldiers and leaders I have ever known. I respect him and would follow him anywhere. Some of the most ignorant people have to be the ones who scream and yell about something but have no clue about it.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"tarkenton10" wrote:

I think how I would describe this is a few ruin things for the rest.

A few idiots in the mist of peaceful demonstration, scar the whole effort.

The students that helped clean up understand. The way I took it, they were also part of the rally, they were just embarrassed by the paint throwers.

We are talking about a group that was loosely put together with high school students and college students.

When it came time for a march downtown, organizers changed course and went to a U.S. Army and Navy recruiting station near Washington Avenue and SE. Oak Street.
    On a side note, was this in anyway tied to the Hispanic/Latino community which basically had a work-out (they were all suppose to stay home in protest) yesterday to show the community how much they are needed.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I hope it it doesn't come to this, but it might take another 9/11 to get these people's heads out of their a$$es. Then again some people are just too stupid to get it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast