Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: CFL season starts today!

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    What else in CFL is different from the NFL?
    Its played in Canada!

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

I go see the ti-cats and argos game every year. Its like vikes and pack just not as good.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Are there any big name former college players from the U.S. that play in the CFL?
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Are there any big name former college players from the U.S. that play in the CFL?
    Ya theres a bunch kicking around the leauge some turn out to be good players in the cfl and some turn out to be busts in the cfl as well...... I know Andre Rison has recently started playing cfl I beleive hes a 4th wr...... He was a pretty dam good receiver in the NFL but obviously a lot older now.

Underwood a former Vikings first round pick tried to play CFL this year but was cut during training camp.

But some former 1st rounders currently playing CFL are: (other people feel free to add more im just going off the top of my head.)

John Avery
    R.J. Soward
    Andre Rison

Many USA college stars turn up in the cfl so if you are a college fan and are wondering what happened to some players check out some cfl rosters.

I know Tee Martin is know in the CFl It is really intresting to see where players wind up. Its great football you guys should check it out if possibile.

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

There is definitely some some good exiled NCAA stars as well as some guys that couldn't make a go of it in the NFL. I for one am from Winnipeg and the Bombers 2nd and 3rd QB's are Tee Martin and get this Spurgeon Wynn.

The game is fast and that part of it is great, however CFL football isn't even close to the talent level the NFL is. The football is quality though and I think it is better then arena league ball and probably even the NFL Europe.

You can pick up some of the games on ESPN 2, as I was in Minny for a Vikes game a couple of years ago and some guys from the trip found a bar that had a feed for a Bombers playoff game.

Cheers!!

Go Bombers

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Ya theres a bunch kicking around the leauge some turn out to be good players in the cfl and some turn out to be busts in the cfl as well...... I know Andre Rison has recently started playing cfl I beleive hes a 4th wr...... He was a pretty dam good receiver in the NFL but obviously a lot older now.

Underwood a former Vikings first round pick tried to play CFL this year but was cut during training camp.

But some former 1st rounders currently playing CFL are: (other people feel free to add more im just going off the top of my head.)

John Avery
    R.J. Soward
    Andre Rison

Many USA college stars turn up in the cfl so if you are a college fan and are wondering what happened to some players check out some cfl rosters.

I know Tee Martin is know in the CFl It is really intresting to see where players wind up. Its great football you guys should check it out if possibile.
    Yea Tee Martin is playing for the Bombers this year, and he might (I hope) get the chance to start. There have been lots of players that have drifted to the NFL that got their start in the CFL recently.

Doug Flutie
    Jeff Garcia
    Mike Vanderjagt
    Marc Boerigter - WR that played for the Chiefs
    Juran Bolden - DB that was playing for the Falcons and was really really good but now he's playing for someone else - he was one of the best defensive players in the CFL and he played for the BOMBERS!

Thanks PPE for the sig.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

The bombers will be the worst team in the league this year.

Here are some rule differences from the NFL:

Only three downs

No fair catches (but you have to give the returner 5 yards cushion)

Only one foot needs to be in bounds for a catch

Unlimited backfield motion

12 players on the field, not 11

Field is much wider, and 10 yards longer. Endzone are also 10 yards longer.

"screening" (not playing the ball, but sticking your hands in the air) the receiver is a penalty

etc.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12