Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CFL 2009

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: CFL 2009

"PurplePowerPunch" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I wonder if Vick might opt for this route.
    Is it legal to fight dogs in Canada?
    Hey, he did his time ok. Move on!
    Vick is going to have 1 or 2 years in the UFL, then some NFL team will give him a shot and he
    is going to be back.

He is good for the NFL with his unique style of play, he just have to prove that he can put the past behind him and move on.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

I just love how PETA is trying to ruin this mans career. They aren't allowing him to move on with his life even though he paid his debt to society. I mean seriously the guy should have just run over a guy in his SUV he would have gotten 10% of the time he did for dog fighting. If anything else, PETA is hurting Vick's creditors. He will never be able to pay back the millions that he owes unless he can play and make NFL type money.

Maybe I am the only one that is fed up with PETA and it's bullshit. Who can actually support a company/cause that puts animal life above human life. Thank God we don't have to eat Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream made of Breast Milk, that is just a fabulous idea! I mean who wouldn't want an Indian women donating milk to B&J's? Our Cherry Garcia could have a hint of Curry to it.

Let Vick move on, he has lost more than anyone i've ever seen. I mean with his contract worth what? 120 million? And 100's of millions in endorsements. Wow, when has a mistake ever meant 100s of millions for any of us?

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

CFL topic, not another QB topic. We have a 650 page one of those. Go read it.

Week one is in the book and there are some amazing highlights, espcially from the Montreal and Calgary game. Here is a link to the high scoring affair:

http://www.cfl.ca/video/index/id/6949

The Eskimos started out right with a win. It was a sloppy, ugly win, but we got it done. A win is a win.
    We're bringing purple back.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"gregair13" wrote:

Week one is in the book and there are some amazing highlights, espcially from the Montreal and Calgary game. Here is a link to the high scoring affair:

The Eskimos started out right with a win. It was a sloppy, ugly win, but we got it done. A win is a win.
    I always wondered how popular the CFL could be if they had money and real talent.
    I know back in the day they used to schedule exhibition games between the two leagues.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:

I always wondered how popular the CFL could be if they had money and real talent.
    I know back in the day they used to schedule exhibition games between the two leagues.
    That might have been back when there was american teams in the league.

And the league does have talent. I bet there are many players who could play in the NFL, but were never given the opportunity to do so. And obviously, since one NFL contract is more than the roster for a whole team, that is where they go. I bet some of the lower end guys on the depth chart in the NFL would not start in the CFL either.
    We're bringing purple back.

Blog Entries

"gregair13" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:

And the league does have talent. I bet there are many players who could play in the NFL, but were never given the opportunity to do so. And obviously, since one NFL contract is more than the roster for a whole team, that is where they go. I bet some of the lower end guys on the depth chart in the NFL would not start in the CFL either.
    They played back in the 50's.
    I'm not sure how they decided the teams, but here's what happened:

1950: New York Giants 20, Ottawa Rough Riders 6
    1951: New York Giants 38, Ottawa Rough Riders 6
    1959: Chicago Cardinals 55, Toronto Argonauts 26
    1960: Pittsburgh Steelers 43, Toronto Argonauts 26
    1961: St. Louis Cardinals 36, Toronto Argonauts 7
    1961: Chicago Bears 34, Montreal Alouetts 16
    1961: Hamilton Tiger-Cats 38, Buffalo Bills (AFL) 21

http://www.mmbolding.com/BSR/Candian_Football_League_vs_National_Football_Leagu e.htm

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"gregair13" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:

Danny Mx

Danny McManus is the number 7 QB of all time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-Time_Professional_Passing_Statistics_(CFL/NFL)

...What greatness looks like.

Blog Entries

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:

Danny Mx

keep in mind its easier to pass in the CFL than the NFL.
    Damon Allen put up 72000 yards in the CFL in fewer attempts and completions than Favre and Marino.
    If you combine Warren moon's CFL and NFL yardage, he's got more than Favre at over 70,000.

Doug Flutie put up over 6600 passing yards in a single season in the CFL.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:

Danny Mx

Damon Allen put up 72000 yards in the CFL in fewer attempts and completions than Favre and Marino.
    If you combine Warren moon's CFL and NFL yardage, he's got more than Favre at over 70,000.

It was a joke, if you've ever seen Danny Mac play, you know he's no where near the top 100 QBs of all time. It just goes to show how easy it is to pass on a larger field with more players. Not to mention the receivers are running full tilt by the time the ball is snapped.

The CFL is a joke, you get a point for missing field goals....

Blog Entries

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=gregair13 link=topic=52147.msg966270#msg966270 date=1246886140]

Danny Mx

It was a joke, if you've ever seen Danny Mac play, you know he's no where near the top 100 QBs of all time. It just goes to show how easy it is to pass on a larger field with more players. Not to mention the receivers are running full tilt by the time the ball is snapped.

The CFL is a joke, you get a point for missing field goals....
    [/quote]
    oh, haha.

I do like the point of trying to encourage more returns out of the endzone though, not sure if a point is the way to go though.
    Really increases the importance of a great kickoff guy.
    The 5 yard rule on punts is a rule I like though.
    No fair catches, but defenders can't come within 5 yards of the the ball off punts untill its fielded, otherwise its a penalty.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast