Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: CAUTION: POLITICS

There is also a theory that male homosexuals didn't have a relationship with their father. And they believe that they are compensating for the lack of love their father gave them by engaging in homsexual behavior. Even if they don't respond to female hormones that may be because of the childhood and how they grow up. If they long for male acceptance then they may inadvertently start to gravitate toward the hormones emitted by the male of the species at an early age. Therefore, it would seem that they didn't make a choice. And you may think logically that only G*YS should be allowed to marry when you change the law but you don't realize what you are getting into by the nuts of this world. Once you cave to one alternative lifestyle they will line up to fight for their cause. You can say what you want that you would only allow G*Y marriages but they will fight for their cause the same way the G*YS have been pushing to get their issue passed, mark my words.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    Cajun - You are entitled to your opinion about Bush, but I wonder if you held Clinton,Bird, and Daschel to the same standards. If we start to assume they are just saying things then every politician is evil and out for some personal gain. And Del Rio it is fine to be sarcastic but most of your posts are very intense and seem real. So someone might feel that you truly mean what your post states. And even if you did mean the statements, that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them. I just have a different view!
    I did hold Clinton, Byrd and Daschel to those same standards...the difference is that they don't claim to have asked God for the answer when faced with a tough question...BTW, I don't think that they have a moral bone in their bodies either. Most politicians ARE out for their own interests...it just happens that I don't like some of the interests that Bush advocates, namely: giving big business free rein to run roughshod over individual rights with no impunity, sending our innocent troops into a war that is predicated on unsubstantiated information, having no interest in ecological issues, his advocacy of privatized accounts for Social Security which defeats the purpose of the program, repeatedly nominating radical judges to the courts knowing that their candidacy is highly controversial...just to name a few.

I think that you Republicans on the board assume that I am a Democrat...but I am a registered Independent...with politics that are mostly centrist. I voted for the elder Bush the first time, as well as for Reagan the second time (too young to vote the first time)...I switched to Clinton because I felt that the elder Bush had lied about some things, not because he wasn't competant...as a matter of fact, the elder Bush is light years more intelligent than W...if anything, I would prefer that he were President now instead of his son (of course, I would prefer that the Congress have a Democratic majority to balance the scales)...too much of one thing is not good...the current government is a prime example of that.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Also we are not the same. You may find an incident or two of abuse but there is a big difference in the severity and acceptance by the US. While the muslim world cheers the terrorists and their beheadings, the US condemns the abuse and investigates the incidents. Our abuse cases are of pictures of men in compromising positions; their pictures are of relief workers pleading for their lives while assault rifles are pointed at their heads, which by the way will soon be separated from their bodies. It is comical anyone is even talking about our conduct toward horrific terrorists; they have been treated much better than they probably should be treated. Let's look at what the detainees receive from us - a warm bed, showers, towels, a holy book of their religion to read, time to pray. Now let's look at what you can expect from the terrorists, ah a cold blade slowly slicing through your neck. I think that we are doing fairly well and that we should take the few reports of abuse and keep it in context. Yeah, it happens but it is not news and the people that keep it in the news are doing a disservice to the men and women of the armed forces that are over in Afghanistan and Iraq.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    Also we are not the same. You may find an incident or two of abuse but there is a big difference in the severity and acceptance by the US. While the muslim world cheers the terrorists and their beheadings, the US condemns the abuse and investigates the incidents. Our abuse cases are of pictures of men in compromising positions; their pictures are of relief workers pleading for their lives while assault rifles are pointed at their heads, which by the way will soon be separated from their bodies. It is comical anyone is even talking about our conduct toward horrific terrorists; they have been treated much better than they probably should be treated. Let's look at what the detainees receive from us - a warm bed, showers, towels, a holy book of their religion to read, time to pray. Now let's look at what you can expect from the terrorists, ah a cold blade slowly slicing through your neck. I think that we are doing fairly well and that we should take the few reports of abuse and keep it in context. Yeah, it happens but it is not news and the people that keep it in the news are doing a disservice to the men and women of the armed forces that are over in Afghanistan and Iraq.
    That is a gross mischaracterization of Muslims everywhere...the vast majority of Muslims DO NOT cheer on the radical terrorists that claim to be doing Allah's bidding when conducting their terrorist operations...to assume that attitude exhibits the exact intolerance that the world accuses us of...we are better than that, tark...at least some of us are.

Cajun - we agree on some points, politcians are not for their constituants,Bush is not a true conservative -that word in and of itself means fiscal restraint, Ecology is not big on Bush's agenda. Most people in the middle have a little from each side that they deem reasonable.
    However, radical judges, you have to be kidding me after you have seen some of the rulings coming out of Fla. and Cal. you can not be serious. These judges are tame compared to the outragous rulings passed the last couple of years. That is why the legislature has gome to mandatory minimums. The country can't trust these judges to rule any more. And most of the judges that rule are from the radical left. And calling Bush's appointees radical means more than the judge is against abortion. The left is absolutely frightened that Roe V. Wade may be overturned by the judges if they get into office.
    Social security is not going to be there in 40 years if we don't do something now. Keeping part of it in an account is not abandoning the system. It is doing what it is intended to do. Set aside money for the people of this nation for the twilight years of their life. What is the difference if it is in the treasury account or in individuals' accounts. The main thing is they will have something when they retire. If they keep putting money in the same SS system for forty years and in the end get nothing where will everyone be, what will they say, oops, sorry you get nothing. And it is only a portion of the money going ont o private holdingd and those that do not want to do it can keep the same SS they have right now.

And if you want to truly balance the scales you would want these judges in to balance out the wacked out radical liberal judges we have right now.

It is not intolerance, people say we have to change because of how we are viewed in the muslim world every day. When we state how people preceive us to be they come back and say it is a micharacterization. Listen to the Dem. And the people bashing Bush they will tell you how the muslim world hates the US. And when it suites them now we are mischaracterizing them. It can't be both, you have to pick a side and stay on it. As soon as Abu Grahab came out everyone pounced on the US and said that is why the muslim world hates us. Look at the news you see it every day, reporters telling us we have to change policy, it is our fault for 9/11. Just watch the news and you will see how we are the bad guys, and name one positive story that has come out of aljezeera. Granted I don't see them all but the slant definitely makes you think they hate us.

And how is that intolerance? I preached no hate or we should exact revenge. I made an observation, and how do you know the vast majority of the muslims do like us. Where did you get your information? Are you a politician or someone who has live in the middle east for years? How is your information any more viable than mine? No hostility intended just wondering how you know the vast majority of muslims like us. I could say the vast majority of martians love us, does that make it true. Or the vast majority of terrorists like us. I just wonder how you know that the middle east likes the US?

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    Cajun - we agree on some points, politcians are not for their constituants,Bush is not a true conservative -that word in and of itself means fiscal restraint, Ecology is not big on Bush's agenda. Most people in the middle have a little from each side that they deem reasonable.
    However, radical judges, you have to be kidding me after you have seen some of the rulings coming out of Fla. and Cal. you can not be serious. These judges are tame compared to the outragous rulings passed the last couple of years. That is why the legislature has gome to mandatory minimums. The country can't trust these judges to rule any more. And most of the judges that rule are from the radical left. And calling Bush's appointees radical means more than the judge is against abortion. The left is absolutely frightened that Roe V. Wade may be overturned by the judges if they get into office.
    Social security is not going to be there in 40 years if we don't do something now. Keeping part of it in an account is not abandoning the system. It is doing what it is intended to do. Set aside money for the people of this nation for the twilight years of their life. What is the difference if it is in the treasury account or in individuals' accounts. The main thing is they will have something when they retire. If they keep putting money in the same SS system for forty years and in the end get nothing where will everyone be, what will they say, oops, sorry you get nothing. And it is only a portion of the money going ont o private holdingd and those that do not want to do it can keep the same SS they have right now.

And if you want to truly balance the scales you would want these judges in to balance out the wacked out radical liberal judges we have right now.
    I would prefer to see liberal judges on the bench than conservative judges for the simple fact that judges affect social policy much more than fiscal policy...therefore, our social system is more liberal and flexible. In government, I do prefer to see more conservative people in office (but not controlling both the executive AND legislative branches at the same time...that way our fiscal policy is geared more toward responsible spending. However, I feel that Bush is not being responsible fiscally at this juncture in his presidency. Pushing us to go to war with Iraq forced us to invest much of our tax dollars into the war effort, taking away dollars that could be used to fix problems back here in the US...like the Social Security System...if they just took the money that we are spending in Iraq and put some of it into the Social Security System, the anticipated deficit in deposits would be eliminated. Creating personal accounts does not automatically guarantee that those investments will make money for the account holders...but it does infuse the market with a whole new cash base...and it sure makes alot of money for Wall Street. It would create a false jump in the economy...one that would be only temporary in nature. I would prefer that no one make money off of the Social Security System...every dollar that goes into that system should be for those who it is intended for, not the traders on Wall Street. The only ones that private accounts would benefit are those who already know how to invest their money...the precise people that will never need to rely on Social Security in the first place. The poor people who will need it would most likely make bad investment decisions with their personal accounts, leaving them with even less than they would get if the Social Security System were to remain the same. But you must be one of those people who would know how to invest their money, in which case, you probably won't need Social Security...maybe you could just donate YOUR Social Security earnings to those who ended up making poor decisions.

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

I don't have alot of time, but I'd like to make a couple of quick points.

One-North Korea will fall apart, economically and militarialy, before they can fight a war. Their economy has been in shambles forever, and millions of people are starving. Yes, they have a large military, but they don't have the money or resources (repair parts, food, ammunition, etc.) to fight a sustained campaign. The morale of their soldiers would also be very questionable during a military campaign. They also have lots of outdated Soviet-era equipment which hasn't been repaired for a long time, and they don't have replacment parts for their equipment. I'd say North Korea could fight a war for a couple weeks at most before they fall apart. Another thing-the principle of Mutally Assured Destruction (MAD) applies to this situation-that's why I think North Korea themselves will ever use nuclear weapons.

Two-On Wall Street getting rich off Bush's social security plan: If Wall Street's getting rich, we're getting rich too. Fact Check also has a good article on this issue: http://www.factcheck.org/article310.html

Three-Cheney didn't profit off Halliburton's Iraq work. Fact Check also has a good article on this: http://www.factcheck.org/article261.html

Four-On Bush being a christan, I love how some Democrats call him a theocrat when he speaks about his faith, or say he's blurring the line between church and state when doing so. These same Democrats also get mad when Bush or any Republican go speak to a religous group, saying it's a step towards theocray. But, these Democrats never complain when their canididates speak at churches and to religous groups. Blatant hypocriacy.

Five-On judges, as long as they don't let their political views come into play with their rulings, I'm happy. A problem I have with the judiciary right now is that they are starting to cite international law in their rulings. Last I checked, international law has no relevance in our courts, and has nothing to do with our constitution.

Six-I'm behind the Iraq war 100%, and addressed many of the things being bought up in this thread in the old political fourm...and quite frankly I don't want to retype all those points again. That would be alot of typing I can't do right now.

So much for not alot of typing...

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

If I get to that point in my life I wouldn't mind giving my social securtiy to someone in need. But you are assuming that you get your money and have to invest it by yourslef. It would be set up so you can only invest in certain bonds. So really those who do not know how to invest it would be regulated and safer than the stock market. And other countries have done it and it has shown to be better than the socialized system of old. People have had more money in their private accounts than they would ahve been paid by the Govt. I do not recall the country but if you would like to know the country I will do some research for you!

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast