Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Carolina Hurricanes...

I'm cheering for the Cane's just for you PPE!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

How can it be one of the dumbest statements when I never stated it? I'm not saying they should get rid of them because of the fans. I'm saying those teams never should have existed. I just threw the part in about the fans because its true. Entire regions have never laced up a pair of skates but they get NHL franchises that helped bury the league into obscurity. Pretty much the only true thing you've said to me in this thread is that I'm mad that these teams are good. It really does bother me that teams that contributed to the league losing an entire season are doing well.

I also hope you see the irony of this statment you made. Here is your response to people in the south not knowing hockey.
    "The person who doesn't know hockey is you. That shows your ignorance as a fan of the sport." How is your statement less ignorant than mine.

FWIW, I am a coach of two teams- one has played in back to back state finals. I also have been coached by some of the top coaches and players in the world- Warren Strelow, Rob Stauber, Paul Ostby, Curt Giles etc.... but you're right, I don't know nearly as much about hockey as the great hockey officiandos of the south. (Not tooting my own horn, I've never done that here, just responding to a completely uninformed comment)

PPE, I got nothing but love for and I have always respected you. I think at this point we shall just agree to dissagree. I just still have some bitterness to Norm Green hijacking our team and bringing them from the best hockey state in the land and moving them to Dallas. After that the commish got in over his head expanding the league and paid a huge price for it.

[color=red]

MightyVikes12391 is offline Pro-Bowler

i dont watch hockey

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"MensaTice" wrote:
    How can it be one of the dumbest statements when I never stated it? I'm not saying they should get rid of them because of the fans. I'm saying those teams never should have existed. I just threw the part in about the fans because its true. Entire regions have never laced up a pair of skates but they get NHL franchises that helped bury the league into obscurity. Pretty much the only true thing you've said to me in this thread is that I'm mad that these teams are good. It really does bother me that teams that contributed to the league losing an entire season are doing well.

I also hope you see the irony of this statment you made. Here is your response to people in the south not knowing hockey.
    "The person who doesn't know hockey is you. That shows your ignorance as a fan of the sport." How is your statement less ignorant than mine.

FWIW, I am a coach of two teams- one has played in back to back state finals. I also have been coached by some of the top coaches and players in the world- Warren Strelow, Rob Stauber, Paul Ostby, Curt Giles etc.... but you're right, I don't know nearly as much about hockey as the great hockey officiandos of the south. (Not tooting my own horn, I've never done that here, just responding to a completely uninformed comment)

PPE, I got nothing but love for and I have always respected you. I think at this point we shall just agree to dissagree. I just still have some bitterness to Norm Green hijacking our team and bringing them from the best hockey state in the land and moving them to Dallas. After that the commish got in over his head expanding the league and paid a huge price for it.
    I agree. We're not going to change each others minds about the issue (that I never realized was an issue before now). I suggest we just let this one be.

GO CANES!... AND VIKES!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:

I agree. We're not going to change each others minds about the issue (that I never realized was an issue before now). I suggest we just let this one be.

GO CANES!... AND VIKES!
    I think you're BOTH horrible fans and you don't know jack shit about hockey! Go Pirates!

Oh...they're not hockey? :lol:

I will admit that I don't know a darn thing about the sport, but I enjoy the occasional game whenever I'm lucky enough to catch the Pens on TV (which isn't often, especially this time of year). I think there probably ARE a lot of uninformed fans in the south, but there are probably a lot of them in the north as well.

People in the north probably think they know a lot just BECAUSE they're from the north and people in the south probably think they know a lot because they stand out since hockey isn't as big down there.

Then again, there are a lot of uninformed fans in EVERY sport not just hockey. (remember hitstick/napo?)

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

It's kinda funny.. I live in the north.. The state of hockey to be exact.. And there are so many people here that don't know anything about hockey

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Well not everyone in Minnesota enjoys hockey as much as we do Vikez

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I know but the argument about the North and South was pretty wack im just saying..

It doesn't matter where your from

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

The Red Wings are out so that's pretty much all I cared about. Go whoever!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    The Red Wings are out so that's pretty much all I cared about. Go whoever!!
    GO OILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast