Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Canadians can now mention bombs, guns at airports

    OTTAWA (Reuters) - Air travelers in Canada who make comments about bombs and guns will from now on only be arrested if it is clear they are making a serious threat, officials said on Wednesday.

    The Canadian Air Transport Safety Authority, trying to clamp down on screeners who alert police every time they hear alarming words, has issued a bulletin urging staff to show more discretion.

    A person who announces "You better look through my suitcase carefully, because there's a bomb in there," "I am going to set fire to this airplane with this blowtorch" or "The man in seat 32F has a machine gun" will still be arrested.

    But someone who remarks "Your hockey team is going to get bombed (badly beaten) tonight," "Hi Jack!" or "You don't need to frisk me, I'm not carrying a weapon" will first be warned about their behavior.

    Brigitte Caron, a spokeswoman for the authority, compared the new system to handing out yellow warning cards in soccer. A player can receive one yellow card and still stay in the game.

    "Sometimes it's just a joke and the person will say 'I'm sorry, I was upset'," she said. In recent years more than 100 passengers have been arrested for making threatening remarks in Canadian airports, she added.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070712/od_nm/bombjokes1_dc;_ylt=Ar5ImzWqNqPpYixn0c6jA9USH9EA

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    237

    Re: Canadians can now mention bombs, guns at airports

    Canadians can also farm industrial hemp and drink at age 18.. The bright light of freedom truly shines on our brothers to the north.
    Have I ever told you what an outstanding humanitarian I am?

  3. #3
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Canadians can now mention bombs, guns at airports

    "ColoradoViking" wrote:
    Canadians can also farm industrial hemp and drink at age 18.. The bright light of freedom truly shines on our brothers to the north.
    Their national anthem rocks, too, while ours is kinda just okay.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #4
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Canadians can now mention bombs, guns at airports

    Yes, but they are also responsible for Celine Dion, and I still haven't forgiven them for that. ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #5
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Canadians can now mention bombs, guns at airports

    Wow, go figure...they are actually being reasonable about the whole issue.

    Thats the way it should be.

  6. #6
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Canadians can now mention bombs, guns at airports

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Yes, but they are also responsible for Celine Dion, and I still haven't forgiven them for that. ;D
    Pam Anderson balances her out.

    Literally.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #7
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: Canadians can now mention bombs, guns at airports

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    OTTAWA (Reuters) - Air travelers in Canada who make comments about bombs and guns will from now on only be arrested if it is clear they are making a serious threat, officials said on Wednesday.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070712/od_nm/bombjokes1_dc;_ylt=Ar5ImzWqNqPpYixn0c6jA9USH9EA
    Hopefully some of these decisions to go back to using the age old method of logic will spread to the US.


    All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

  8. #8
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Canadians can now mention bombs, guns at airports

    "Billy" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    OTTAWA (Reuters) - Air travelers in Canada who make comments about bombs and guns will from now on only be arrested if it is clear they are making a serious threat, officials said on Wednesday.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070712/od_nm/bombjokes1_dc;_ylt=Ar5ImzWqNqPpYixn0c6jA9USH9EA
    Hopefully some of these decisions to go back to using the age old method of logic will spread to the US.
    Maybe soon we'll be able to smoke a spliffy without facing a $150.00 fine.
    Seems logical to me.

  9. #9
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: Canadians can now mention bombs, guns at airports

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    OTTAWA (Reuters) - Air travelers in Canada who make comments about bombs and guns will from now on only be arrested if it is clear they are making a serious threat, officials said on Wednesday.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070712/od_nm/bombjokes1_dc;_ylt=Ar5ImzWqNqPpYixn0c6jA9USH9EA
    Hopefully some of these decisions to go back to using the age old method of logic will spread to the US.
    Maybe soon we'll be able to smoke a spliffy without facing a $150.00 fine.
    Seems logical to me.
    I doubt anytime soon.
    Hopefully someday.
    I believe a fair amount of '08 presidential candidates are in favor of medical marijuana which is a solid first step.

    Candidate positions


    All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

  10. #10
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Canadians can now mention bombs, guns at airports

    "Billy" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    OTTAWA (Reuters) - Air travelers in Canada who make comments about bombs and guns will from now on only be arrested if it is clear they are making a serious threat, officials said on Wednesday.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070712/od_nm/bombjokes1_dc;_ylt=Ar5ImzWqNqPpYixn0c6jA9USH9EA
    Hopefully some of these decisions to go back to using the age old method of logic will spread to the US.
    Maybe soon we'll be able to smoke a spliffy without facing a $150.00 fine.
    Seems logical to me.
    I doubt anytime soon.
    Hopefully someday.
    I believe a fair amount of '08 presidential candidates are in favor of medical marijuana which is a solid first step.

    Candidate positions
    I'm not even hoping for complete legalization...seems like way to much of a long shot and I'm not even positive if thats a great idea anyways...but I would like to see it much more decriminalized than it currently is.

    Oh Canada Oh Canada!!

    BTW...I like your new avatar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Inside the NFL: Vikings not worth mention?
    By DeathtoDenny in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 02:16 AM
  2. Most Canadians would fail own citizenship test
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 11:15 AM
  3. Sparkler Bombs
    By cc21 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 06:20 AM
  4. Canadians in the house EH!
    By Torontovik15 in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-08-2006, 03:56 PM
  5. Canadians are fairweather NFL Fans.
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-20-2006, 03:53 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •