Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Canada...not a safe place to live?

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Man dies in bingo mugging

What the heck is wrong with those wacky Canadiens? We should be in Canada, not Iraq!

:lol:
    We were in Canada back a few years ago, 1812 to be exact. They kicked our butts. Those Canadians are tough cookies, eh? :lol:

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

What is interesting is the different ways this story is being reported.

Different take on incident

I think I trust the Toronto paper more on this one.

WWBGD

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Thats the Canadien media for ya....just aweful.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Darn $1000.00 and they killed him. Wow senseless!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

there's not much violence in canada! (coughcoughsneezecough)

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

Dang! It looks like the neighbors are getting as bad on crime as some of our cities. But for Bingo money? Come on!!! That's desperate!
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

bono is offline Hall of Famer

Hey,
    Let's keep things safe, lads/lasses. Canadians are NOT "wacky." They're the same, if not better -in certain areas- than us united statesmen are. Besides, who's the best point guard in the NBA right now? Can you say "canadian steve nash"? Greatest hockey player? "Wayne Gretzky" (sp?)
    singer Celion Deion...she's from Canada, correct? Not a bad singer if you ask me ("and that's the way it is!!")

OT: did anyone hear about the little African-American boy (couldn't be no more than six years of age) who called 9-1-1 regarding his mom? The 9-1-1 operator didn't believe him. As a results, the boy's mom died. There was pic of him on CNN.com with tears rolling down his eyes. He looked so sad. I felt bad for the little lad. Now, I don't know this boy personally, but I have prayed for him, and hope that some of you can find it in your hearts to pray for him, too, that he gets through this. I'm not sure if he had a "visible" father in his life, so...
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

purplepride818 is offline Starter

"bono" wrote:
    Hey,
    Let's keep things safe, lads/lasses. Canadians are NOT "wacky." They're the same, if not better -in certain areas- than us united statesmen are. Besides, who's the best point guard in the NBA right now? Can you say "canadian steve nash"? Greatest hockey player? "Wayne Gretzky" (sp?)
    singer Celion Deion...she's from Canada, correct? Not a bad singer if you ask me ("and that's the way it is!!")

OT: did anyone hear about the little African-American boy (couldn't be no more than six years of age) who called 9-1-1 regarding his mom? The 9-1-1 operator didn't believe him. As a results, the boy's mom died. There was pic of him on CNN.com with tears rolling down his eyes. He looked so sad. I felt bad for the little lad. Now, I don't know this boy personally, but I have prayed for him, and hope that some of you can find it in your hearts to pray for him, too, that he gets through this. I'm not sure if he had a "visible" father in his life, so...
    celine dion sucks ass. but i do thank canada for elisha cuthbert!

bono is offline Hall of Famer

Elisha? Who's that, Purple?
    The name's not ringing any bells.
    furthermore,
    you don't like Deion? What about the following two songs she's made: "that's the way it is" and "it's all coming back to me now"? Those jams rock!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    Dang! It looks like the neighbors are getting as bad on crime as some of our cities. But for Bingo money? Come on!!! That's desperate!
    I believe Canadians are for the most part pretty cool. In a way they reflect the same attitudes we have down here. The large, urban areas think one way and the rural "country folk" tend to be more conservative. I don't agree with their gun control laws and most of my Canadian friends claim their nationalized health care is a joke. I like Canadians. But then again they do have Quebec... :shock: I saw a Conan O'Brian's Triumph the Insult Dog do a routine on our Frenchy pals to the North. I nearly pi$$ed my pants I laughed so hard!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast