Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Can you lift 3 times your own body weight?

I can squat..and I have almost doubled my weight, does that count? ;D

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"Bkfldviking" wrote:
    I can squat..and I have almost doubled my weight, does that count? ;D
    Classic post!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

6'6" 375lbs.

Bench: 225lbs
    Squat: 450lbs
    40: Well lets put it this way... my dead grandma beat me :'(

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"erik5032" wrote:
    6'6" 375lbs.

Dude, you're huge.

I think I was the biggest member until you came along.

You're name is Erik as well, assuming you're Scandinavian, it must be our viking genetics.

I ran a 4.95 40 though

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    yah, but he only has to lift it 6 inches, haha.
    That popped in my head as well.
    That might be giving him 3 inches t much

Dude, you're huge.

You're name is Erik as well, assuming you're Scandinavian, it must be our viking genetics.

I ran a 4.95 40 though

"Yeah man I haven't really ran a 40, I mean I did when I was in shape and played Defensive Tackle for my high school football team. This is the story of my growing weight :'(

I played Defensive Tackle for my high school and was going to play for the U of M... well my last game of my senior year I had an accident. I was in hot pursuit of the QB when the Center cheap blocked me (I still don't know how it happened) and popped my hip out of my socket. I had to have 2 screws put in and the Surgeon (who was the Surgeon for the Seattle Seahawks) told me exactly, "sorry... but you will most likely never play football again." I cried and cried, i couldn't believe some @$$h0l3 center ruined my free college tuition and maybe even NFL career *rolls eyes* I should find this guy and ask him for my tuition! lol anyways yeah throughout my recovery my weight grew and grew, then i went and got depressed and grew and grew.... here I am 2 1/2 years later and I have been good for a while, but haven't had the motivation to work out. Its hard to work out by urself when your used to working out with a group of guys... anyways yeah

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

"erik5032" wrote:
    6'6" 375lbs.

In my numbers that is 2 meters and
    170 Kg
    . Have you tougth of joining the Vikes ? our OL needs some help.....
    El underdog.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"erik5032" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Dude, you're huge.

I ran a 4.95 40 though
    "Yeah man I haven't really ran a 40, I mean I did when I was in shape and played Defensive Tackle for my high school football team. This is the story of my growing weight :'(

I played Defensive Tackle for my high school and was going to play for the U of M... well my last game of my senior year I had an accident. I was in hot pursuit of the QB when the Center cheap blocked me (I still don't know how it happened) and popped my hip out of my socket. I had to have 2 screws put in and the Surgeon (who was the Surgeon for the Seattle Seahawks) told me exactly, "sorry... but you will most likely never play football again." I cried and cried, i couldn't believe some @$$h0l3 center ruined my free college tuition and maybe even NFL career *rolls eyes* I should find this guy and ask him for my tuition! lol anyways yeah throughout my recovery my weight grew and grew, then i went and got depressed and grew and grew.... here I am 2 1/2 years later and I have been good for a while, but haven't had the motivation to work out. Its hard to work out by urself when your used to working out with a group of guys... anyways yeah
    The quote feature is in the top right of corner of each post, it's extremely useful.

I know what you mean about needing someone work out with, I hate going by myself.

None of your friends workout? I know that at my gym, just the local YMCA, everyone pretty much sticks to the same schedule. So when I'm there I know everyone, and that's kind of like having several partners. So if you go consistently and meet some people, it's a big help.

If you're looking to lose the weight, don't ignore weight training, it helps tremendously.

Were those numbers you posted before your hip injury? Because a 450lb squat post hip surgery is amazing.

"Mr" wrote:
    "erik5032" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Dude, you're huge.

I ran a 4.95 40 though

The quote feature is in the top right of corner of each post, it's extremely useful.

I know what you mean about needing someone work out with, I hate going by myself.

None of your friends workout? I know that at my gym, just the local YMCA, everyone pretty much sticks to the same schedule. So when I'm there I know everyone, and that's kind of like having several partners. So if you go consistently and meet some people, it's a big help.

If you're looking to lose the weight, don't ignore weight training, it helps tremendously.

Were those numbers you posted before your hip injury? Because a 450lb squat post hip surgery is amazing.
    450lbs pre surgery... I don't do squats anymore, i do more leglifts which i average about 500-700 lbs depending on my mood.

I work full time go to school full time and write for the school paper on the weekend (50% tuition pay) I dont have a ton of time to go to the gym and don't have much time to socialize. Anyways thanks man.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

No, but I had a turd as big as a softball once.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast