Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Can you believe this?

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "Yard Apes"?

Never heard that one before.
    Neither have I. I guess it's bad, who knows???

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

"Yard Apes"?

"TATEone" wrote:
    Yeah never heard of Yard Apes....
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "Yard Apes"?

Neither have I. I guess it's bad, who knows???
    The reason none of you have ever heard of that "terrible racist term" is because it isnt a racist term. It is a term that people use down here to describe any kid regardless of race. Just like "Rug Rat" or "Crumb Snatcher" or "Crumb Cruncher". I am sure everyone here has refered to their own kids probably using one of those terms at least once. However in this hypersensitive P.C. world we unfortunately now live in because there is a terrible racist term that has the word monkey as the last word everyone thinks that something ending in Ape must be the same type of thing.

I dont argue that this woman was stupid for even letting herself get into the position where she can let the P.C. crowd use their lack of knowledge to come to the wrong conclusion. Why not just call them "Kids". Because that is what she was refering to. The conversation was in referance to how they were going to take all the kids who are living at our convention center here in Greenville and bus them to the local schools each day where we are taking them in. Unfortunately she chose to refer to them as "Yard Apes". Again Stupid definitely, racist, I guess we will never know what was in her heart. But as usual everyone jumps to their own conclusion, as even we here have done.

It reminds me of how the P.C. crowd can take their own ignorance and use it as a basis to crucify someone even thought the facts may not support it. I am reminded of the unfortunate politician a few years back who made the huge mistake of using the word "Niggardly" to describe some of his associates who were acting in a stingy or cheap manner (which in case you were not aware is the definition of the word which has nothing to do with the other "N" word). But since the P.C. crowd had never heard of the legetimite word Niggard this politician was crucified and his career ended.

So the moral of the story dont say anything that might be misinterpreted by someone who doesnt know what you (or they) are talking about.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

What about 'Refugee' being termed as racist???

The literal definition of refugee seemed to fit the description of Hurricane Katrina evacuees and has nothing to do with race, yet networks are no longer allowed to use the term. And, although the majority of the people stuck there were black and minority, there were also several whites.

Anything that can be twisted into sounding racist, usually is. It's very frustrating, almost as if people are just clinging to the fact that racism still exists because they don't want it to go away. I know racism does still exist, but nobody can honestly say it's as big a problem as it was 30-40 years ago.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

In other news, the SC branch of the KKK gave her a medal, a new sheet and named a dirt road after her.-cajun-

LMFAO ROTFL!!! :lol: :lol: :grin:

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"JDogg926" wrote:

Then again, maybe she is just an idiot racist.

If she is or is not, I do not know. But I would have to bet she is an idiot racist! If she was not, then she is just an idiot!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12