Can Somebody Help Me Out

I was just wondering how well the streets are cleaned after it snows in Minneapolis. I'm driving to the game from down here in Rockford and i see that Minny calls for 5-8 inches of snow. I was wondering if i should try to stay somewhere tomorrow night or can i just do the usual sunday morning drive with a stop at A&W.

Thanks for those who swing by the thread.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Can Somebody Help Me Out

"clark_griswold" wrote:
    I was just wondering how well the streets are cleaned after it snows in Minneapolis. I'm driving to the game from down here in Rockford and i see that Minny calls for 5-8 inches of snow. I was wondering if i should try to stay somewhere tomorrow night or can i just do the usual sunday morning drive with a stop at A&W.

They know how to clear the roads in Minnesota, for sure, but this is the first big storm of the season, and there's the possibility (especially if coming from the south) of running into ice/sleet first before snow.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "clark_griswold" wrote:

They know how to clear the roads in Minnesota, for sure, but this is the first big storm of the season, and there's the possibility (especially if coming from the south) of running into ice/sleet first before snow.

=Z=
    I appreciate it. I only ask because we have some of the worst city workers i have ever seen when it comes to snow removal.

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

I'm jealous you get to go up to the game. have a good time. I will second that thought on the Rockford snow removal. its just as bad out of town. Watch out you are supposed to see a winter storm warning from there all the way up. atleast according to weatherbug.

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

"tgorsegner" wrote:
    I'm jealous you get to go up to the game. have a good time. I will second that thought on the Rockford snow removal. its just as bad out of town. Watch out you are supposed to see a winter storm warning from there all the way up. atleast according to weatherbug.
    Thanks for the info. I think i'm gonna see about getting a room somewhere tomorrow night. Dude its crazy though i got 40 yd line tickets for 25 bucks. So now i'm going to be at all 3 home games to finish the year.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"clark_griswold" wrote:

It gets done pretty well, but depending upon the snowfall it can be hard to keep up with it all, and travel is usually not recommneded unless absolutly needed.As you get further out of the metro andoff the major highways int can be a while before the plowing gets done.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

driving through the snow & ice here in minnesota, as well as anywhere can suck.
    But our snow removal crews are top notch.
    Plows are on the streets the second the first flake hits the ground

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese