Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    150

    Can Somebody Help Me Out

    I was just wondering how well the streets are cleaned after it snows in Minneapolis. I'm driving to the game from down here in Rockford and i see that Minny calls for 5-8 inches of snow. I was wondering if i should try to stay somewhere tomorrow night or can i just do the usual sunday morning drive with a stop at A&W.

    Thanks for those who swing by the thread.

  2. #2
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Can Somebody Help Me Out

    "clark_griswold" wrote:
    I was just wondering how well the streets are cleaned after it snows in Minneapolis. I'm driving to the game from down here in Rockford and i see that Minny calls for 5-8 inches of snow. I was wondering if i should try to stay somewhere tomorrow night or can i just do the usual sunday morning drive with a stop at A&W.

    Thanks for those who swing by the thread.
    They know how to clear the roads in Minnesota, for sure, but this is the first big storm of the season, and there's the possibility (especially if coming from the south) of running into ice/sleet first before snow.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    150

    Re: Can Somebody Help Me Out

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "clark_griswold" wrote:
    I was just wondering how well the streets are cleaned after it snows in Minneapolis. I'm driving to the game from down here in Rockford and i see that Minny calls for 5-8 inches of snow. I was wondering if i should try to stay somewhere tomorrow night or can i just do the usual sunday morning drive with a stop at A&W.

    Thanks for those who swing by the thread.
    They know how to clear the roads in Minnesota, for sure, but this is the first big storm of the season, and there's the possibility (especially if coming from the south) of running into ice/sleet first before snow.

    =Z=
    I appreciate it. I only ask because we have some of the worst city workers i have ever seen when it comes to snow removal.

  4. #4
    tgorsegner's Avatar
    tgorsegner is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    786

    Re: Can Somebody Help Me Out

    I'm jealous you get to go up to the game. have a good time. I will second that thought on the Rockford snow removal. its just as bad out of town. Watch out you are supposed to see a winter storm warning from there all the way up. atleast according to weatherbug.


    VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    150

    Re: Can Somebody Help Me Out

    "tgorsegner" wrote:
    I'm jealous you get to go up to the game. have a good time. I will second that thought on the Rockford snow removal. its just as bad out of town. Watch out you are supposed to see a winter storm warning from there all the way up. atleast according to weatherbug.
    Thanks for the info. I think i'm gonna see about getting a room somewhere tomorrow night. Dude its crazy though i got 40 yd line tickets for 25 bucks. So now i'm going to be at all 3 home games to finish the year.

  6. #6
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Can Somebody Help Me Out

    "clark_griswold" wrote:
    I was just wondering how well the streets are cleaned after it snows in Minneapolis. I'm driving to the game from down here in Rockford and i see that Minny calls for 5-8 inches of snow. I was wondering if i should try to stay somewhere tomorrow night or can i just do the usual sunday morning drive with a stop at A&W.

    Thanks for those who swing by the thread.
    It gets done pretty well, but depending upon the snowfall it can be hard to keep up with it all, and travel is usually not recommneded unless absolutly needed.As you get further out of the metro andoff the major highways int can be a while before the plowing gets done.

  7. #7
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Can Somebody Help Me Out

    driving through the snow & ice here in minnesota, as well as anywhere can suck.
    But our snow removal crews are top notch.
    Plows are on the streets the second the first flake hits the ground


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •