CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Can anyone please help me?

So I come down to Minneapolis every year for a game or two and would really like to know, what is the best way to meet the players? For example if the Vikes are playing on Sunday and I am in town on the Friday, is there a place where daunte takes his O-Linemen or do the boys go for beers after practise on Friday? How about after the game, is it possible to meet any of the guys? Or after they destroy their weekly opponent is there anywhere where the players frequent? If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it! Also I will be at the home-opener again this year, is there a specific place where some of you fine gentlemen like to whoop it up before or after kick-off?

Cheers!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Can anyone please help me?

Run out onto the field. As the cops are dragging your carcus off the field, say hi! :lol:

vikingdude82 is offline Pro-Bowler

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Run out onto the field. As the cops are dragging your carcus off the field, say hi! :lol:
    thats a pretty good idea! :grin:

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

I am not aware of anyplace they may go, the best way to meet up with the players is to go to training camp and hang out for a few days as the Vikings frequent many local establisments when they are there. The big hangout used to be the Albetross bar, at night it was packed with Viking players shooting pool and what not.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    That's definatly the way to go. :lol:

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I met some of them, albeit for not very long, by staying in the same hotel. When I was out they stayed in the Minneapolis Hilton, and I was staying there too and going to see them the next day. So I stood outside and waited for them to pull up and check in. Most of them check in and then go back out and go out to dinner usually. That's a good way to meet them and get their autographs. There's also a chance you could see some of them within the hotel. I actually shared and elevator with Todd Bouman once, that was pretty cool. So that's my best idea!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

It will be a strip club. Ask a taxi driver they will know. Cab drivers know all the hot spots.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

buy a star map and go "invite yourself" to their house.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Walk up to them during a practice in a reporters outfit and say that you are doing a story on which NFL player deserves to win a Cruise Ship due to their extreme kindness to fans. :lol:

(or Ultra's idea) :lol:

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    buy a star map and go "invite yourself" to their house.
    Or you could just go door to door at all the condos and townhouses in the northern suburbs and ask if they play for the Vikings. LOL
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."