Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Can anyone make sense of the Stanley Cup scheduling.

    First two games of the cup were on versus.
    After two convincing shutout wins by the Redwings the third game is on NBC tonight.
    I know I am not as intelligent as those NHL executives, but I think it would have made more sense to have the opening game on the network.
    You would think they would have wanted to draw more interest to their sport by being accessable to more viewers.

  2. #2
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Can anyone make sense of the Stanley Cup scheduling.

    "vikingivan" wrote:
    First two games of the cup were on versus.
    After two convincing shutout wins by the Redwings the third game is on NBC tonight.
    I know I am not as intelligent as those NHL executives, but I think it would have made more sense to have the opening game on the network.
    You would think they would have wanted to draw more interest to their sport by being accessable to more viewers.
    If the NHL could make the choice - ALL of the games would be on NBC.
    It's NBC that doesn't want the games, not the NHL.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #3
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Can anyone make sense of the Stanley Cup scheduling.

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    First two games of the cup were on versus.
    After two convincing shutout wins by the Redwings the third game is on NBC tonight.
    I know I am not as intelligent as those NHL executives, but I think it would have made more sense to have the opening game on the network.
    You would think they would have wanted to draw more interest to their sport by being accessable to more viewers.
    If the NHL could make the choice - ALL of the games would be on NBC.
    It's NBC that doesn't want the games, not the NHL.

    =Z=
    Thanks for clearing that up for me Z.

  4. #4
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Can anyone make sense of the Stanley Cup scheduling.

    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    First two games of the cup were on versus.
    After two convincing shutout wins by the Redwings the third game is on NBC tonight.
    I know I am not as intelligent as those NHL executives, but I think it would have made more sense to have the opening game on the network.
    You would think they would have wanted to draw more interest to their sport by being accessable to more viewers.
    If the NHL could make the choice - ALL of the games would be on NBC.
    It's NBC that doesn't want the games, not the NHL.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me Z.
    Yeah - it bites.
    NBC figures it can get a bigger audience with a re-run of "Deal or No Deal" over the first game of the Stanley Cup finals.

    Now that "Sweeps" month is basically over, NBC doesn't care nearly as much and can show the games.
    Not sure if they have all of the remaining ones...

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #5
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Can anyone make sense of the Stanley Cup scheduling.

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    First two games of the cup were on versus.
    After two convincing shutout wins by the Redwings the third game is on NBC tonight.
    I know I am not as intelligent as those NHL executives, but I think it would have made more sense to have the opening game on the network.
    You would think they would have wanted to draw more interest to their sport by being accessable to more viewers.
    If the NHL could make the choice - ALL of the games would be on NBC.
    It's NBC that doesn't want the games, not the NHL.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me Z.
    Yeah - it bites.
    NBC figures it can get a bigger audience with a re-run of "Deal or No Deal" over the first game of the Stanley Cup finals.

    Now that "Sweeps" month is basically over, NBC doesn't care nearly as much and can show the games.
    Not sure if they have all of the remaining ones...

    =Z=
    You know if a mindless show like 'deal or no deal' gets better ratings than the SCF, the game of hockey needs to do something differently.
    Hockey has never translated to TV very well, so much better in person.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  6. #6
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Can anyone make sense of the Stanley Cup scheduling.

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    First two games of the cup were on versus.
    After two convincing shutout wins by the Redwings the third game is on NBC tonight.
    I know I am not as intelligent as those NHL executives, but I think it would have made more sense to have the opening game on the network.
    You would think they would have wanted to draw more interest to their sport by being accessable to more viewers.
    If the NHL could make the choice - ALL of the games would be on NBC.
    It's NBC that doesn't want the games, not the NHL.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me Z.
    Yeah - it bites.
    NBC figures it can get a bigger audience with a re-run of "Deal or No Deal" over the first game of the Stanley Cup finals.

    Now that "Sweeps" month is basically over, NBC doesn't care nearly as much and can show the games.
    Not sure if they have all of the remaining ones...
    You know if a mindless show like 'deal or no deal' gets better ratings than the SCF, the game of hockey needs to do something differently.
    Hockey has never translated to TV very well, so much better in person.
    Not just hockey, dude - pretty much any sport outside of the Olympics (and then only when showing gymnastics, figure skating or swimming), the NFL or NASCAR will be beaten on the major networks by re-runs of "CSI", "Deal or No Deal", "Why I Married Your Mom the Super Model", etc. etc.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #7
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: Can anyone make sense of the Stanley Cup scheduling.

    a hockey thread? i love hockey.

    and with the tv stuff, its all very confusing, more so than it is for football. i think for verses to get the rights to these two games it probably had to take games 3 and 4 instead of one a two.

    hockey cities have the good attendance and viewers (minnesota and buffalo for example) but its the places like the south coast (tampa) and west coast (althought it is better better) that have no viewers. same with some of the inner states (ie redneck country) who don't even know what a skate is
    We're bringing purple back.

Similar Threads

  1. Four Defections That Make Sense
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 03:14 PM
  2. ESPN's Power Rankings make no sense
    By StillPurple in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 04:48 PM
  3. (Merged) Would Memo for Ronde make sense
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 07:25 AM
  4. Sports Writers make no sense
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 01:36 AM
  5. Limits on celebrations make sense
    By ChezPizmo in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 03-31-2006, 04:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •