smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

Calling all video game players...

How many people have played and maybe still do play operation flashpoint?

For those gamers that haven't heard of it, its an ultra realistic FPS war game for the PC. This game was also sold to the US government as a video game war similator know as VBS1 (virtual battlefield sim 1). I know this game wasn't marketed very well here in the US, but overseas it was a huge hit. For those war junkies that like realism in games this is the game for you, so check it out.

Anyway, the reason im asking is in the next few months an updated version will be on the shelfs to buy called armed assault and when that is released I would like to play a little multiplayer coop online with other people.

I know, im a geek, but this game is the greatest game ever made.

So is anyone on here war game junkies, and if so do you plan on getting armed assault?

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Calling all video game players...

"smootpepper" wrote:

For those gamers that haven't heard of it, its an ultra realistic FPS war game for the PC. This game was also sold to the US government as a video game war similator know as VBS1 (virtual battlefield sim 1). I know this game wasn't marketed very well here in the US, but overseas it was a huge hit. For those war junkies that like realism in games this is the game for you, so check it out.

Anyway, the reason im asking is in the next few months an updated version will be on the shelfs to buy called armed assault and when that is released I would like to play a little multiplayer coop online with other people.

So is anyone on here war game junkies, and if so do you plan on getting armed assault?
    Used to be into the PC versions of Ghost Recon. Those were the days, come home from the college classes and shoot some terorists untill the wee hours of the night.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Sounds like fun. Never played it but got good online reviews, and I am a big gamer.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

"hovan" wrote:
    "smootpepper" wrote:

Used to be into the PC versions of Ghost Recon. Those were the days, come home from the college classes and shoot some terorists untill the wee hours of the night.
    Ghost recon was an awsome game, I played that for a while, but nothing compares to OFP. Ghost recon gave you a couple Kilometer area to run around. OFP gives you 100 Sp KM to run, drive, fly around in. Its like all out warfate at its best. The graphics weren't the best for its time but the game play was original and solid. And then the mod community took over and made 1000's of top quality mods.

You should check out armed assault if you like the war games.

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:
    Sounds like fun. Never played it but got good online reviews, and I am a big gamer.
    here, check out the game play footage from the original.

http://www.fileplanet.com/61800/60000/fileinfo/Official-Operation-Flashpoint-Trailer-(High)

ftp://www.flashpoint1985.com/flashpoint/videos/resistance.mpg

And here are some pics and info from the new one, armed assault.

http://www.kvaerulanten.dk/armed%2Dassault/?side=screenshots

Articnv is offline Coach

i prefer americas army for my fps as i strapped for cash and AA is free and the best relistic FPS i played.