Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Calling all crunk fans!

"singersp" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    Was just joking around ... Prince is not Disco by the way, it's R&B/Funk .. just a little fyi and Brand new key is disco per any internet download site ... Yes, America is great with all the choices we have.
    I would consider him funk as well, but why does he shows up as well on the disco charts? Probably because disco is a derivative of funk & soul;

http://www.discomusic.com/members/profile_view_ind.php?id=1998

"Brand new key" was released in 1971 & disco never really took off until about 1973.

"In general it can be said that first true disco songs were released in 1973, however, many consider Manu Dibango's 1972 Soul Makossa the first disco record (Jones and Kantonen, 1999)."

I guess it all depends on how you see it.
    then again remember he did come out in the 70's and disco was the music of the time Iam pretty sure he did a disco song or two
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

METALLICA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait wrong thread.....

Anyways, when it comes to rap Luda is definitly the man, not all of his music is to serious some of it is just goofy for fun stuff. The guy is sick with the flow though.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"mnjamie" wrote:
    Now the Ying Yang twins staight out of the TPA ... Now that is Crunk !!!
    OMG I hate those guys, I cringe every time I hear them.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"vegasvike" wrote:
    If you're not sure exactly what Crunk is, here's an idea: Think of it as hip-hop’s version of punk or metal rock.
    Sorry Cajun but rap and hip hop although are nothing alike with maybe the exception of delivery. Rap and rappers are seasonal within 6 months of releasing a single they fade out for example: Mike Jones does anyone still listen to that garbage? No, but Hip-Hop is a way of life that is why you like Luda, true he was no pimp BUT now that he has money and fame he knows how some women will do anything for the dollar. Not to force my opions on ayone but 3 six mafia is garbage and just an image. Most of the southern rap is no I'll take that back most RAP is trash
    Those were the words from the article I found, not my personal description...but RAP is part of hip-hop, whether you like it or not...just like pop is part of rock, R&B or country. You don't have to claim it all to like a genre or lifestyle...just pick and choose what you want to hear and let the rest of the people listen to whatever crap they want. I like many things from ALL genres...but I will dis something that I don't think is good as well...no matter who puts it out! I would agree that most POP RAP is crap, but sometimes even one of those songs will creep up on you and you will like it regardless of your general opinion of that stuff. The most important thing is to keep an open mind and an open ear...if you don't, you just might miss something good...the same is true when meeting people...never judge them by what their physical characteristics are because you might just miss out on a kindred spirit. Life is way too short to miss out on anything good...and you know what they say abot Too Short...TOO SHORT IS A PIMP!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234