Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Calling all crunk fans!

"singersp" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    ....Crunk- Best way to describe it is rap energy music....characterized by quick beats and a fast cymbal pattern....usually the lyrics are about beating someone up, it gets the blood flowin....Three Six Mafia is like Lil Jon's crunk except their beats are mostly dark and their songs are less screaming "What!" and a little more hardcore beats and lyrics.....
    Sorry, But I don't share your sentiment on that type of music.

A style of music that has lyrics about beating people up has it's own name?

WTF is this world coming too! I don't mind rap music (like Snoop), but if Crunks whole basis for existance is solely about lyrics of people getting beat up then I have to say crunk is junk!

Do yourself a favor & turn that crap off & listen to some good 'ol AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd or Led Zepplin.
    Singer, forget about the beating up part of Audio's definition...here's a much better definition:

Spawned in Atlanta, with roots deeply planted in the fertile southern soil of Bass, Crunk has grown into a force to be reckoned with. Featuring driving bass heavy beats, and frenetic chanting, Crunk music has taken over clubs across America.

If you're not sure exactly what Crunk is, here's an idea: Think of it as hip-hop’s version of punk or metal rock. Close your eyes and imagine an artist aggressively chanting - perhaps rapping, but more than likely yelling - simplistic lyrics into the mike. Ok... now picture what sounds like 100 (but is really more like 3) dudes behind him chanting the exact same thing as if they were of one voice. Now while that's firmly planted in your mind's eye, envision the dancefloor or concert floor... whoa... it's turned into the swirling mass of bodies, or mosh pit, once synonymous with punk rock shows and metal rock gigs.

Yes, yes y'all... that there's Crunk.

Read more: http://rap.about.com/od/hiphopartistslp/a/liljon.htm

And: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crunk

Maybe it's closer to good 'ol AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin than you think (see bold above). :lol:

It supposedly originated from the Call-and-Response style used in Church Gospel services in the South, which originated in turn from singing in the fields way back in the day. It is very infectuous and the crowd really gets into it, becoming part of the performance at concerts. It's definitely not all bad.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"audioghost" wrote:
    My favorite track is #3....."If you boys want beef we can ROLL WIT IT.." I figured that if Daunte turned it around this season I could make a highlight film with him gettin his roll on to that track.....

Crunk- Best way to describe it is rap energy music....characterized by quick beats and a fast cymbal pattern....usually the lyrics are about beating someone up, it gets the blood flowin....Three Six Mafia is like Lil Jon's crunk except their beats are mostly dark and their songs are less screaming "What!" and a little more hardcore beats and lyrics.....

Here's a good track from the CD:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/clipserve/B000AA303Y001003/0/002-0911345-5957665

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/clipserve/B000AA303Y001010/0/002-0911345-5957665

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/clipserve/B000AA303Y001002/0/002-0911345-5957665
    You trying to scare people away from crunk???

Funny thing, they kinda remind me of old-school Whodini in a way...but the tracks are definitely crunk!

Track 20 is definitely reserved for blackstarz18!!! :lol:

"audioghost" wrote:
    My favorite track is #3....."If you boys want beef we can ROLL WIT IT.." I figured that if Daunte turned it around this season I could make a highlight film with him gettin his roll on to that track.....

Crunk- Best way to describe it is rap energy music....characterized by quick beats and a fast cymbal pattern....usually the lyrics are about beating someone up, it gets the blood flowin....Three Six Mafia is like Lil Jon's crunk except their beats are mostly dark and their songs are less screaming "What!" and a little more hardcore beats and lyrics.....

Here's a good track from the CD:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/clipserve/B000AA303Y001003/0/002-0911345-5957665

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/clipserve/B000AA303Y001010/0/002-0911345-5957665

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/clipserve/B000AA303Y001002/0/002-0911345-5957665
    And Track 13... :sign5: :downtown:

"happy camper" wrote:
    "All my players in the house that can buy the bar
    And the ballin a** brothas wit the candy cars
    If you a pimp and you know you don't love them hoes
    When you get on the flo and throw them bowls
    All my women in the house if you chasing cash
    And you got some big ti**ies wit a matching a**
    Wit ya fly a** boots or ya open toes
    When ya get on the flo and throw them bowls"
    oh god..

i wish rap were never invented. i like some rappers.. but id just a soon banish it all from existence if it meant not having to see or hear the 99.999999% of it that sucks.

edit: let me clarify: some rap is good. the kind of rap made by real poets. rap is basically poetry. theres rap music out there that can really make you expand your mind and think. BUT all the crap the put on the radio, is just disgusting. speaking about crime, drugs, and sex as if all three were tools used at thier disposal to make money. ohh and when they make money, boy do you ever hear about it.
    The same can be said about any music genre. If anyone does it just for the money, it sucks. If anyone does it for the art, its usually good. Don't just single out rap, like Faith Hill doesn't make the average Waylon Jennings fan vomit.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Singer, forget about the beating up part of Audio's definition...here's a much better definition:

Spawned in Atlanta, with roots deeply planted in the fertile southern soil of Bass, Crunk has grown into a force to be reckoned with. Featuring driving bass heavy beats, and frenetic chanting, Crunk music has taken over clubs across America.

If you're not sure exactly what Crunk is, here's an idea: Think of it as hip-hop’s version of punk or metal rock. Close your eyes and imagine an artist aggressively chanting - perhaps rapping, but more than likely yelling - simplistic lyrics into the mike. Ok... now picture what sounds like 100 (but is really more like 3) dudes behind him chanting the exact same thing as if they were of one voice. Now while that's firmly planted in your mind's eye, envision the dancefloor or concert floor... whoa... it's turned into the swirling mass of bodies, or mosh pit, once synonymous with punk rock shows and metal rock gigs.

Maybe it's closer to good 'ol AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin than you think (see bold above). :lol:

It supposedly originated from the Call-and-Response style used in Church Gospel services in the South, which originated in turn from singing in the fields way back in the day. It is very infectuous and the crowd really gets into it, becoming part of the performance at concerts. It's definitely not all bad.
    Now why couldn't Audioghost put it that way? I listened to the 3 tracks & it isn't is bad as it was I thought it would be.

I won't run right out and buy any crunk, hip hop or rap CD because I'm not a big enough fan of the music.

There are certain songs I've heard that I like by various artists, but nothing that would cause me to buy their CD.

But I certainly would rather listen to crunk than classical, Kenny G, Yani or disco.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

Now why couldn't Audioghost put it that way? I listened to the 3 tracks & it isn't is bad as it was I thought it would be.

I won't run right out and buy any crunk, hip hop or rap CD because I'm not a big enough fan of the music.

There are certain songs I've heard that I like by various artists, but nothing that would cause me to buy their CD.

But I certainly would rather listen to crunk than classical, Kenny G, Yani or disco.

I was with ya Singer till ya got just a little bit out of line ... Don't be hating on Disco. I can roll with just about anything ..... But dont be a downer on my Disco ... :lol:

"I rode my bycycle past your window last night ... I rollerskater to door at midnight ... It almost seems, like your avoiding me ... I don't care if you've got something I need. Weellll, I got a brand new pair of rollskates you've got a brand new Key. I think that we should get together and try them out you see ... la, la "

The woman and I always say," We were born a decade too late to be able to fully enjoy the Disco era" ... oh well.

"mnjamie" wrote:
    I was with ya Singer till ya got just a little bit out of line ... Don't be hating on Disco. I can roll with just about anything ..... But dont be a downer on my Disco ... :lol:

"I rode my bycycle past your window last night ... I rollerskater to door at midnight ... It almost seems, like your avoiding me ... I don't care if you've got something I need. Weellll, I got a brand new pair of rollskates you've got a brand new Key. I think that we should get together and try them out you see ... la, la "

The woman and I always say," We were born a decade too late to be able to fully enjoy the Disco era" ... oh well.
    I did not say I hate disco. I said I would rather listen to crunk than disco.

There certainly is some disco I hate & some I like.

Prince would be an example of some disco I like. SIA would agree on that.

But I'm free to hate any kind of music I want as you are to like whatever kind of music you like. That's what makes America great.

So that doesn't mean I am out of line. Besides, "Brand new key" by Melanie, I consider to be boogie & not disco.

If you're talking disco, that's more like the "Bee Gees".

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:

I did not say I hate disco. I said I would rather listen to crunk than disco.

There certainly is some disco I hate & some I like.

Prince would be an example of some disco I like. SIA would agree on that.

But I'm free to hate any kind of music I want as you are to like whatever kind of music you like. That's what makes America great.

So that doesn't mean I am out of line. Besides, "Brand new key" by Melanie, I consider to be boogie & not disco.

If you're talking disco, that's more like the "Bee Gees".

Was just joking around ... Prince is not Disco by the way, it's R&B/Funk .. just a little fyi and Brand new key is disco per any internet download site ... Yes, America is great with all the choices we have.

"mnjamie" wrote:
    Was just joking around ... Prince is not Disco by the way, it's R&B/Funk .. just a little fyi and Brand new key is disco per any internet download site ... Yes, America is great with all the choices we have.
    I would consider him funk as well, but why does he shows up as well on the disco charts? Probably because disco is a derivative of funk & soul;

http://www.discomusic.com/members/profile_view_ind.php?id=1998

"Brand new key" was released in 1971 & disco never really took off until about 1973.

"In general it can be said that first true disco songs were released in 1973, however, many consider Manu Dibango's 1972 Soul Makossa the first disco record (Jones and Kantonen, 1999)."

I guess it all depends on how you see it.

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

If you're not sure exactly what Crunk is, here's an idea: Think of it as hip-hop’s version of punk or metal rock.
    Sorry Cajun but rap and hip hop although are nothing alike with maybe the exception of delivery. Rap and rappers are seasonal within 6 months of releasing a single they fade out for example: Mike Jones does anyone still listen to that garbage? No, but Hip-Hop is a way of life that is why you like Luda, true he was no pimp BUT now that he has money and fame he knows how some women will do anything for the dollar. Not to force my opions on ayone but 3 six mafia is garbage and just an image. Most of the southern rap is no I'll take that back most RAP is trash
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast