Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: A Call to Arms..

God bless you and your family and God speed a full recovery.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "JFormo" #1097532
    So a bit of an update.. Dad went in to the oncologist today to get the gameplan. Starting next Friday his treatments will be an every other Friday deal. An IV drug will be infused in the arm. In addition he'll be taking 4 pills twice a day for a week, then alternating weeks taking them (a week on, a week off). Depending on how his body takes to the drugs, he may or may not need the nausea IV. They are going to play that by ear. With his work situation and doctors schedules, every other Friday is ideal. That way he'll have Friday, Saturday and Sunday to recover from the treatments then he can work Mon-Thurs.

The regimen will continue until the tumors shrink (or just cease to exist as we are believing), and he'll get check ups every 4-6 weeks to check progress.

Keep the prayers/thought up. He's been really positive about this, even be saying that losing is not an option nor in the cards. He knows he has an outstanding support group in family and friends.. and even start getting emails from the University of Minnesota head football coach Jerry Kill (a cancer survivor himself). He also knows that many of ya'll have been giving him prayers/thoughts and appreciates it greatly.
    Thanks for the update, we're all still praying hard for your family.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear he might be on the road to recovery. I guess all we can do is keep the hope alive, have him in our prayers, and wait 4-6 weeks.
    We're bringing purple back.

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Well, here we are a year later and the battle continues.. Here's dad's CaringBridge for some more updates: CaringBridge / Joel Formo / Welcome

Sorry I've been slacking on this, just been busy with RL and making sure dad knows he's cared for and loved.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    I can't believe that I managed to miss this the first time around!

Best wishes for your father's continued recovery. If he's a Vikings fan like you and the rest of us, we know he has to be tough. It takes tremendous stamina to back our team.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    I know not many post much or come here often, but the short and nasty of the updates are:
    Dad's liver is failing due to the tumors that have spread and grown. Because of that, the fluids that would normally pass through it are just 'overflowing' and bloating his abdomen. They drained it once but it took only a matter of an hour or two and he was bloated again in discomfort.

Surgery isn't an option, so the only thing we can do now is have him on diuretics to hopefully ease the pressure and his discomfort.

So right now, while we are all praying and speaking for a miracle, dad's on the homestretch. The CaringBridge I posted somewhere in this thread will have more updates, but I just wanted to post this anyway.. I find talking about what's going on and how I'm handling it as somewhat of a help.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123