Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Calculus - Salivary gland/duct stone

What a afternoon I had.....

Started with a slight pain in one of my teeth, deep down in the jaw which eventually got so bad I went to the dentist yesterday afternoon.

Have I mentioned that I despise dentists. Of course they checked me out and couldn't find anything wrong.

After being poked and prodded by that hack, I decided to go home, take a 800 Mg of Ibuprofen and see what happened. Suffice it to say, the whole left side of my face (lower jaw) puffed up like a road killed pup that has been laying out in the hot sun for 3 or 4 days.

Wound up finally relenting and going into the emergency room only to find out I had this Salivary thingey.

I'm at work today (Thank the good lord for 500mg pills called Vicodin), and Wildwoman is scheduling a followup with a Ear/Knose and Throat doc.

Only thing I have to do, other than to swallow pain pills is I have Lemon drops to suck on. Supposed to promote extra saliva which might dislodge the Caclculus.

Anyone ever suffer from one of these?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Calculus - Salivary gland/duct stone

I though this was going to be some sort of math challenge. Hope you're feeling better, does not sound like fun.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro wrote:
    What a afternoon I had.....

Started with a slight pain in one of my teeth, deep down in the jaw which eventually got so bad I went to the dentist yesterday afternoon.

Have I mentioned that I despise dentists. Of course they checked me out and couldn't find anything wrong.

After being poked and prodded by that hack, I decided to go home, take a 800 Mg of Ibuprofen and see what happened. Suffice it to say, the whole left side of my face (lower jaw) puffed up like a road killed pup that has been laying out in the hot sun for 3 or 4 days.

Wound up finally relenting and going into the emergency room only to find out I had this Salivary thingey.

I'm at work today (Thank the good lord for 500mg pills called Vicodin), and Wildwoman is scheduling a followup with a Ear/Knose and Throat doc.

Only thing I have to do, other than to swallow pain pills is I have Lemon drops to suck on. Supposed to promote extra saliva which might dislodge the Caclculus.

Anyone ever suffer from one of these?
    No, but I did have half my face cut and peeled back to have one removed. Only three times though. No biggie :P

I'm exercising my ass by doing flexing exercises while typing. Prophet 3:42pm March 16, 2007
    "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms." Mike Ditka

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Closest thing I had was a piece of something stuck in the cavity left behind after my wisdom teeth, I had minor swelling for a while, and pain on the inside of my mouth. They gave me these plastic syringe type things to spray at it with and an antibacterial mouth wash.

It popped out a few months later on my way home from class, on the bus... and I proceeded to spit it on the floor of the bus, I really didn't have a choice.

Good luck Marty, sounds painful.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I as well expected jokes when entering this topic, not a seriously painful matter.

Never had a thing like that, but you can try holding ice on your face to reducing swelling and might limit the pain inbetween pain pills.
    We're bringing purple back.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Hope you start feeling better quick Marr. Also don't post you have Vic on the internet, you could end up with Sean Payton at your front door or Joe Vitt crawling in your bathroom window.

Take care and watch out for those shady Saint characters

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Don't see you online this morning, Marty. Hope you are feeling better.
    These things aren't pleasant and can cause some problems.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Hope Marty is doing ok and Sean and Joe didn't get to him.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Update. Spent the weekend bouncing between the dentist and a "Ear Nose and Throat" doctor.

Of course one says its the "Stone", the other thinks a tooth is leaking stuff into my saliva gland.

Ultra sounds, CT scans, pain pills, lots of frustration and pain, and still no answer.

At work today, but not sure how long. I will post more later.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    Update. Spent the weekend bouncing between the dentist and a "Ear Nose and Throat" doctor.

Of course one says its the "Stone", the other thinks a tooth is leaking stuff into my saliva gland.

Ultra sounds, CT scans, pain pills, lots of frustration and pain, and still no answer.

At work today, but not sure how long. I will post more later.
    what you don't know, is this is actually the first of Lord Favre's 7 plagues. You have taken his name in vain too many times, and he is not happy. He will unleash all hell upon you until you accept him.

Either that, or its just some mouth thing which I suppose could happen to anybody. Either way, good luck. Hope it doesn't affect your posting, I need some mindless 'discussions' to keep me occupied at work.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast