Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Buying Jerseys off eBay

"aceclown" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    the "fake" ones, are more blue than the real authentic jerseys.
    As well, the numbers a little more rounded off on a real one

fake

real

Also if you look at the N at the end of Peterson, you'll notice it has a little hook at the bottom on the fake one, that is not there on the real one

However, the fake ones usually sell for about 20 or 30 bucks, so if you can't afford to spend 100+ on a real one, they are fine.
    You are still supporting your favourite team by wearing their colours.
    Close, but no cigar.
    Notice the letter "E" on the PETERSON in your "real" jersey.
    It has a flat vertical line instead of the indent which you will notice on the real authentic jersey.
    The "real" jersey you posted is just another variation of a knock-off authentic.

Also, this topic has been re-hashed umpteen times on these forums.
    In addition, I could care less if fans buy the knock-offs, when I go to the game as long as you are wearing a Vikings jersey, it makes no difference whether its authentic, knock-off, or screen print.
    As long as you are wearing purple and gold it's all good to me.

Here is the real jersey.

LOL.
    Nice catch aceclown.
    Turns out the first two are both fakes... Just goes to show you that if you buy it on ebay, it is probably a fake.
    But I agree, as long as you are proudly wearing purple, it's all good.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Haha, well if the differences are a subtle as that, it probably makes no real difference (especially if it saves me over 150 dollars).

The number size thing is enough of a deterrent though to make me wait til a better "knock off" comes around, haha.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

fake

real

Also if you look at the N at the end of Peterson, you'll notice it has a little hook at the bottom on the fake one, that is not there on the real one

However, the fake ones usually sell for about 20 or 30 bucks, so if you can't afford to spend 100+ on a real one, they are fine.
    Close, but no cigar.
    Notice the letter "E" on the PETERSON in your "real" jersey.
    It has a flat vertical line instead of the indent which you will notice on the real authentic jersey.
    The "real" jersey you posted is just another variation of a knock-off authentic.

Also, this topic has been re-hashed umpteen times on these forums.
    In addition, I could care less if fans buy the knock-offs, when I go to the game as long as you are wearing a Vikings jersey, it makes no difference whether its authentic, knock-off, or screen print.
    As long as you are wearing purple and gold it's all good to me.

Here is the real jersey.

LOL.
    Nice catch aceclown.
    Turns out the first two are both fakes... Just goes to show you that if you buy it on ebay, it is probably a fake.
    But I agree, as long as you are proudly wearing purple, it's all good.
    I needed a Vikes jersey for the game over here at Wembley last year, got an authentic Adrian Peterson jersey for £18 which is around $40. Matches the pics of the real jersey above but for the money I paid it did the job!

All i wanted was a purple an gold jersey - and i got one -
    and wore it with PRIDE!
    "A head coach needs 3 things. A good wife, a loyal dog and a helluva Quaterback!" John Gruden

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I actually like the "Fake" lettering better. But I would want the real thing!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

my son and i have bought a couple of "authentic" jerseys from ebay. i did not believe for a second that i was getting a real game jersey, but for $50-$60 they are a hell of a lot nicer than the silk screened jerseys at the sports stores selling for $80. if i had $250 dollars i could hide from the wife i would like an authentic jersey though.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Yes the authentics are extremely nice (I have two of them) but the jerseys that are coming out with the "patch" type numbers are a lot nicer than the silk screened numbers like you mentioned do the trick for about 200 dollars less!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

fake

real

So is it still supporting your favorite band by illegally downloading their songs?
    Or supporting your favorite actor by buying a bootleg DVD for $5.00?

I guess I missed the support stuff by buying something illegal that is lining someone elses pocket except those who are supposed to get it.

I'm not saying you should buy them on purpose and support something illegal.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:

So is it still supporting your favorite band by illegally downloading their songs?
    Or supporting your favorite actor by buying a bootleg DVD for $5.00?

I guess I missed the support stuff by buying something illegal that is lining someone elses pocket except those who are supposed to get it.
    Haha, I can live with downloading music for free (bands get such a small portion of CD sales) if I go to their show when the concert's in town.

I guess we're all forgetting how cash strapped the NFL is.
    :

What's more morally unacceptable: Selling a jersey that cost you 20 dollars to make for 250 dollars (while maintaining a Monopoly), or buying a Jersey that cost 20 dollars to make for 40 dollars?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

some stuff on ebay goes cheap but some stuff is just crazy amounts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast