Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Bush or Young

CynicalVike is offline Starter

Re: Bush or Young

What if both Bush and Young decide to finish school next year and not come out?
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "DemonicViking" wrote:
    We know how good Bush is, we've seen what he can do.

Young will need to get even better as a pocket passer, if you take away his running lanes and force him to beat you with his arm he could struggle since he is more of a threat as a runner.

I see it just the opposite.

Bush is good, but look at the way a "fast, physical" defense like TX contained him last night .... I view this as exactly the same as what he will face every week in the NFL.

Now Young, had the best completion percentage in the NCAA this year and watching him last night I was amazed at how smooth he moved in the pocket to find an open passing lane. Then add his ability to roll out very fast and still throw a quick strike ..... I think he's the complete package. Then he also shows up in big games being the MVP of the Rose bowl two years in a row ... he's ready now.

After seeing Leinart last night, I would easily take Young and if he comes out (which would be a HUGE mistake not to) this year .... Look out, Texans would LOVE to grab a homegrown boy with the 1st overall pick.
    ONLY problem with that is that the Texans would have to trade Carr...it makes no sense to keep both...especially if Carr knows that Young is breathing down his neck...plus having the fans call for Young the first time that Carr messes up will not do anything for his confidence. Bush is the more logical choice...plus it is easier to get rid of Davis...hopefully to us!!!
    He is the more logical choice .... but these are the Texans.

Watching NFL network this morning and they were discussing this same situation ... They first said that "WHEN" Young comes out this year he will FOR SURE be a Top 3 pick. Now, the discussion continued into which would you take ... they had 3 on the panel, answered the same as you ... Reggie Bush, but they all also said that the Texans have a very tough choice here as it would not be hard at all to find a taker for Carr on the open market and bring in the hometown Hero ...

All i'm saying is it's not as clear cut as many believe and wouldn't surprise me to see Young drafted #1 and Carr traded for picks on the same day in April ..... Draft Day BABY !!!!

CynicalVike is offline Starter

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "DemonicViking" wrote:
    We know how good Bush is, we've seen what he can do.

Young will need to get even better as a pocket passer, if you take away his running lanes and force him to beat you with his arm he could struggle since he is more of a threat as a runner.

I see it just the opposite.

Bush is good, but look at the way a "fast, physical" defense like TX contained him last night .... I view this as exactly the same as what he will face every week in the NFL.

Now Young, had the best completion percentage in the NCAA this year and watching him last night I was amazed at how smooth he moved in the pocket to find an open passing lane. Then add his ability to roll out very fast and still throw a quick strike ..... I think he's the complete package. Then he also shows up in big games being the MVP of the Rose bowl two years in a row ... he's ready now.

After seeing Leinart last night, I would easily take Young and if he comes out (which would be a HUGE mistake not to) this year .... Look out, Texans would LOVE to grab a homegrown boy with the 1st overall pick.
    ONLY problem with that is that the Texans would have to trade Carr...it makes no sense to keep both...especially if Carr knows that Young is breathing down his neck...plus having the fans call for Young the first time that Carr messes up will not do anything for his confidence. Bush is the more logical choice...plus it is easier to get rid of Davis...hopefully to us!!!
    He is the more logical choice .... but these are the Texans.

Watching NFL network this morning and they were discussing this same situation ... They first said that "WHEN" Young comes out this year he will FOR SURE be a Top 3 pick. Now, the discussion continued into which would you take ... they had 3 on the panel, answered the same as you ... Reggie Bush, but they all also said that the Texans have a very tough choice here as it would not be hard at all to find a taker for Carr on the open market and bring in the hometown Hero ...

All i'm saying is it's not as clear cut as many believe and wouldn't surprise me to see Young drafted #1 and Carr traded for picks on the same day in April ..... Draft Day BABY !!!!
    With Carr due a $8 million roster bonus which would extend his contract soon, it would make sense to deal him for another first round pick, or combination pick and players, and take Young if he comes out with the first pick.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678