Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush or Young

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Bush or Young

"SharperVikings" wrote:
    Now that white did sooo good last night, do you think he will still fall to us in the draft??? If he does do you think we will draft him?
    I posted this last night, but here it is again on the possibility of Vikes getting Lendale.

Well, let's see with the ESPN Mock draft ..... and try and figure it out:

1. Houston Texans (2-14): +Reggie Bush, RB, USC
    2. New Orleans Saints (3-13): Matt Leinart, QB, USC
    3. Tennessee Titans (4-12): D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
    4. New York Jets (4-12): +Vince Young, QB, Texas
    5. Green Bay Packers (4-12): A.J. Hawk, OLB, Ohio State
    6. x-Oakland Raiders (4-12): Demeco Ryans, OLB, Alabama
    7. x-San Francisco 49ers (4-12): Jimmy Williams, DC, Virginia Tech
    8. Buffalo Bills (5-11): +Haloti Ngata, NT, Oregon
    9. Detroit Lions (5-11): Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt
    10. Arizona Cardinals (5-11): +Mario Williams, DE, N.C. State
    11. St. Louis Rams (6-10): +Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland
    12. Cleveland Browns (6-10): Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
    13. Baltimore Ravens (6-10): DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis
    14. Philadelphia Eagles (6-10): +Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State
    15. Atlanta Falcons (8-: Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa
    16. Miami Dolphins (9-7): Michael Huff, DB, Texas
    17. Minnesota Vikings (9-7): +Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota

Packers and Cardinals are the only two teams not with a RB on this list I see that could poss. go for one. Cards just took JJ last year so I would count them out .... Pack have many other needs and might feel Samkon and boys can carry the load. That puts the choice to us on Lendale or Laurence ... Will be interesting. That's saying we will take a RB first round also, which I personally feel is a stretch to begin with. But who knows?

If I was a coach for an expansion team I would take QB. Teams like the Saints, Jets, Cards, and Dolphins take Young. Everyone else Bush.

Big C is offline Coordinator

The Vikings are decently stocked at all positions. I think we will pick the best player available with an emphasis on RB and OT. I also don't see why Green Bay will pick an OLB over an RB. If Rodgers gets the start next year, he's going to need an RB to help him out. They have what hopefully is a franchise QB, so I don't see why they won't go after a franchise RB now.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Vince Young will not declare for the draft this year...so choosing him over Bush is a moot point.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Vince Young will not declare for the draft this year...so choosing him over Bush is a moot point.
    Really? When did he say that?

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I think he Implied it in the interview after the game. Next year he will win the Heisman and bring his team back to the championship.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Depends what you need.. In Texans case I would possibly trade the pick.. And get Brick like 3rd overall.. And get extra stuff..

Why are so many people jumping all over Lendale now? See the holes the people opened for him? Bennett could do that no problem.. Lendale didn't even run anyone over.. Got 1 stiff arm on Huff and that's about it
    Lendale did have some holes ... but on the same token, he ran through ALOT of people last night and got some really tough yrds against a very stout TX front 7. Nobody has ran on that "D" the way he did last night and Bush showed that a good, fast "D" could contain him.

Yah I spose the Texas D is really good.. Should still be a good back I guess

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"finnishvikingsfan" wrote:
    "coreychavous21" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I think he Implied it in the interview after the game. Next year he will win the Heisman and bring his team back to the championship.

Not so fast my young finnish friend:

YOUNG STAYING PUT?

Asked by ABC's John Saunders after the Rose Bowl win whether he plans to return for another year with the Texas Longhorns, quarterback Vince Young seemed to suggest that he will be back for 2006.

We think.

Young's response was something like "We've gotta get better and we'll go wherever we have to go next year." But he didn't say unequivocally that he'll be back in burnt orange and white come September.

Moments later, ESPN's Lee Corso argued that it's time for Young to head to the NFL, based on an incredible performance in the biggest game of the year.

We agree. Young's performance possibly put him in front of USC tailback Reggie Bush as the No. 1 overall pick, if Young comes out now. And just as USC quarterback Matt Leinart would have been the No. 1 pick a year ago if he'd struck while the iron was white-hot, Young needs to realize that a lot can change in a year.

He's done all he can for his school. His only new goal in 2006 would be to win the Heisman Trophy.

But that Heisman could cost him at least $10 million, if he indeed would go No. 1 this year and ends up going any lower than that a year from now.

Young also needs to keep in mind the possibility that a new CBA will be negotiated by next April, and that it will rein in the lottery prizes dished out to the first ten picks in the draft. So even if he's still the No. 1 pick in 2007, there might be less money for the top pick by next year.

Several weeks back, we looked at whether Bush or Leinart would be the first guy off the board. Some scouts say Bush, others say Leinart.

Based on Wednesday night's performance, Young looks like Bush and Leinart combined, and his clutch play in a huge game could go a long way toward persuading the NFL decision-makers to settle on Young as the first man to be drafted.

One last note. How about that lame-ass trophy Young got as the outstanding offensive player of the national championship game? For a minute there, we thought he'd won the team spelling bee.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

He needs to go to the NFL now and I think he will make that decision soon .... as he needs to declare himself by Jan. 15 for the draft if he is going to make the move.

In the end as always, it comes down to dollars and cents.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

It would be wise for him to get in there now.. I think he will too.. He doesn't have anything to prove anymore in college

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I'm not so sure Cajun. He just played better than Bush last night so his value and position in the draft went up.

Bush had a so-so game so his value may have gone down.

Cash that ticket when it's a winner. Why chance another year and a chance to lay an egg like USC?
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast