bono is offline Hall of Famer

BUCKS shouldn't have to STOP here!!!!!

Hey NBA fans,
    voting for the 2005-06 All-Star game in Houston, TX is under way now! Please, I beg of you, go to NBA.COM and drop a few votes for the following Bucks' players:#1 draft pick Andrew Bogut, Michael Redd and T.J. Ford.
    These guys, as well as a few more Bucks' players are oh so deserving for a spot in this season's Eastern Conference All-Star squad.
    You will need to be a member of NBA.COM in order to place votes...if not a member, simply become one...fairly easy (takes about 20 sec.)

And think about it -those of you who are Minnesota fans: The timberwolves (specifically the "Big Ticket") are in the Western Conference, so voting for Bucks' players won't mingle with your T'Wolves votes. Hey, I've already voted for Kevin Garnett in the West! Please help us die-hard Bucks' fans who'd love to see some more purple and green in the all-star game, out.
    As of a few days ago, Bogut was coming in 4th or 5th in Eastern Centers behind Shaq, Illgaskus, and one or two others...Redd and Ford are about 12 or so Guards behind in the running.
    Thanks all for your time!
    p.s. BUCS lost! Good for Vikings, eh?!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: BUCKS shouldn't have to STOP here!!!!!

Bogut? I don't think he deserves a spot but Redd definately does and maybe Ford.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Lucky,
    I guess I can understand why you, as well as maybe some other people, would feel that way about Bogut. I understand that he's not putting up the BIG, BIG numbers, and some other rookies are. But, what you must realize and remember is that Bogut is on a team that has improved over the summer, dramatically. With the resigning of Redd; the return of Ford; the signing of last season's 6th-man Simmons, and Maglore, put the outbursting skills of Mo Williams; Joe Smith (a once Timberwolves players...really good...out for a while though) as well as a very deep/good bench, Bogut doesn't have to do as much.
    There's a lot of good/big men on the Bucks who he can share the load (e.g. blocking, rebounds, other dirty work) with. He doesn't have to play the entire game. The Bucks are sitting pretty nice in the top 4 of the Eastern teams, with an 11-2 Conference record (two conference losses came against the obvious Pistons and the Shaq-returning Heat, whom the bucks won against in their first of many meetings this season). Now, had Bogut been drafted to not-so-good team, MAYBE he'd stand out a lot, because he'd be the ONLY star on the team...making the team his...having to do most of the work, due to the team's game plan being designed around him. Just look at the Hornets and that one rookie who is leading all rookies right now in the Rookie of the Year as of today. That rookie really has no other choice BUT to put up some type of good numbers, on a team like the Hornets! Bogut has sure-shooters around him (Redd, Williams, Bell, etc, etc), and the league's quickest behind Iverson, point guard in Ford. In a situation like this - and trust me, Bogut's in a really good situation in Milwaukee-the high flying guards are going to get the most hype/lime light/props, as opposed to any big man...if it's not Shaq, Nowitzski, Ming or Duncan.
    Again, Bogut deserves to play for the Eastern team in the all-star game...as well as the Rookie/Sophomore challenge game on Saturday night.

Tanner_QBRB8 is offline Pro-Bowler

WHo really cares about the Bucks right now the vikes are probaly playing the most important game of the season and we are talking about the bucks there is something wrong here but as an NBA fan i would like to say that Redd is the only one worthy of playing in the all star game

Tanner,
    I assume that you don't realize that I'm a Packer Backer, not a Viking Lover? That's cool though. Umm, this thread- as you might have noticed- is in the Club house (where we can talk about anything outside of football). So, hopefully, this helps your questioning as to WHY during a VIKING pre-day game day.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

None of the Bucks deserve an All Star spot.