Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is BS!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

This is BS!

I hate how we cow down to these people. I don't care if they put up a prayer area but then do it for the Christians, Jews, and witch's, too. This is CRAP!

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - A special area for people who want to pray will be set aside at Giants Stadium, where several Muslim fans were detained and questioned by the FBI in September, the stadium operator said Tuesday.

Sohail Mohammed, lawyer for the Totowa-based American Muslim Union, met Sunday with officials from the sports complex, private vendors and the FBI to educate them about the cultural and religious practices of Islam.

George Zoffinger, president of the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority, said he agreed to designate areas to pray at the football stadium and the nearby Continental Airlines Arena.

"We took it seriously. We did not like the connotation that we were profiling. We weren't," he said.

The FBI said it detained five Muslim men Sept. 19 because they were in a sensitive area near the stadium's main air intake duct.

The men said they had been praying, and said they believed they had been singled out because of their faith.

Security was extra tight that night because former President Bush was on hand as part of a fundraising campaign for victims of Hurricane Katrina.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: This is BS!

yeah it happens. its a shame really, but it happens.
    We're bringing purple back.

Del Rio Guest

LMAO!

A group of Muslims in a secure area praying near an air duct, hell yes I would have questioned them.

Hell a group of hippies,witches,pagans,christians in a secure area praying near an air duct I would have detained and dunked in hot tar and feathers.

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

I agree, they should be questioned. There is no reason they need to be praying at the stadium, unless the vikings are in town.
    I BLEED PURPLE!

vikingTurf Guest

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I hate how we cow down to these people. I don't care if they put up a prayer area but then do it for the Christians, Jews, and witch's, too. This is CRAP!

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - A special area for people who want to pray will be set aside at Giants Stadium, where several Muslim fans were detained and questioned by the FBI in September, the stadium operator said Tuesday.

Sohail Mohammed, lawyer for the Totowa-based American Muslim Union, met Sunday with officials from the sports complex, private vendors and the FBI to educate them about the cultural and religious practices of Islam.

George Zoffinger, president of the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority, said he agreed to designate areas to pray at the football stadium and the nearby Continental Airlines Arena.

"We took it seriously. We did not like the connotation that we were profiling. We weren't," he said.

The FBI said it detained five Muslim men Sept. 19 because they were in a sensitive area near the stadium's main air intake duct.

The men said they had been praying, and said they believed they had been singled out because of their faith.

Security was extra tight that night because former President Bush was on hand as part of a fundraising campaign for victims of Hurricane Katrina.
    I can understand your frustration, but I don't think it's a matter of administration or government cowing down to those Muslims, they have their own beliefs and ways of practicing, Christians, Jews and the rest have their own. I hate to tell you like this, but America doesn't have its own identity like the other countries, its the country of immigrants and in a sense its a global country where anyone can dream of ending up in and envision brighter future for their kids and such....

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

and this thread is the "viking fan forum" because? :scratch:

p.s

who cares where anyone is praying. GO VIKES!!!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

God forbid that we actually look for the kinds of people that are trying to kill us. The idea of not profiling people is just plain stupid. :roll:

WWBGD

vikingTurf Guest

"Jviking" wrote:
    I agree, they should be questioned. There is no reason they need to be praying at the stadium, unless the vikings are in town.
    :grin: not really, now that we are doing so good we don't need any prayers, or do we :scratch:

Bowchee is offline Rookie

Profile, please, please profile!!!! To date, 100% of people who fly planes into US buildings have been Muslims from the Middle East. Profiling is what helps the good guys catch the bad guys. Without profiling, you have to examine 100's of millions instead of millions. If there's a sudden rash of robberies by a male thought to be 6'4", then start with the tall guys in the area. I hope that makes sense to people. Why does skin color and behaviors make this more difficult? Take me back to the era when common sense prevailed (that'd be sometime after the Civil War and before the 60's).
    "Usually the team that scores the most points is going to win it." - John Madden

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

HAHA that was by frickin hilarious to see.. Praying in an air duct.. Did I read that right?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast