Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Bryant Gumbel -- The Jerk!

"snowinapril" wrote:
    But with that being said, both the Winter and Summer OL are meant to be a good hearted competition.
    They are? They used to mean something...I have a hard time finding anything to meaningful anymore with the commercialized Olympics.

The media messed-up when the made Kwan and Bode the focus rather than the other stories of athletes that we should embrace.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    I am in th eminority of the peopel speaking out, but I do like Gumble.

He usually has good things to say.

Read it how you want. There was another thread on this and it got locked down. so I am not even going to go where the other thread went.

He only says that there are a small number of black athletes in the winter games and that the Winter OL lacks SOME OF the pure athletic sports, and include a lot of theatrics(kiss and cry room) and judging.

It is just his opinion, let's not have a cow.
    Problem is, he KNOWS that he is making mess...and probably gets off on it! That qualifies him as a Jerk...not necessarily what he said, but the fact that he did it on national TV!!!

It's kinda like the Cheney incident...it's not that he accidentally shot his friend, it's that he tried to hide it...makes him appear to place himself above the law!
    He(Gumble) didn't try to hide it.

The show was on HBO, not actually National TV. He always does an editorial at the end. Editorials are suppose to be on the edge or of some concern. I don't necessarily like the comment he made, but that is no reason to burn him at the stake.

I don't necessarily like all your comments Cajun, but I am not going to start a thread or a witch hunt over it. Gumble gets a chance to redeem himself next editorial.

If you like him, watch him.
    If you don't, don't watch or read his comments.

He is no Nelson Mandela or MLK, he is a commentator. He gets paid to make comments.
    True...but I don't have a nationwide audience either (unless more people than I know actually read PP.O and think that I am great...in which case, I am severly underpaid...LOL)

I don't hate Bryant Gumbel...I just think that he is arrogant...and I do really like his brother better as a sportscaster. Besides, I gotta show SOME love for Gumbel...he's from New Orleans, so I gots to support my peeps! :lol:

Here's one comment that I KNOW you don't like:

DUCK FUKE! :razz:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

BBQ - Somehow you got the impression that I really care what you think of my posts. I didn't know you were the official post rater. You are assuming too much that I care what you think and that your posts are pulitzer prize winning notes.

So blather on, I really don't read your posts but did notice the bold print. That caught my eye and read your rather juvenile attempt at building your ego.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    BBQ - Somehow you got the impression that I really care what you think of my posts. I didn't know you were the official post rater. You are assuming too much that I care what you think and that your posts are pulitzer prize winning notes.

So blather on, I really don't read your posts but did notice the bold print. That caught my eye and read your rather juvenile attempt at building your ego.
    :laughing3:

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    But with that being said, both the Winter and Summer OL are meant to be a good hearted competition.
    They are? They used to mean something...I have a hard time finding anything to meaningful anymore with the commercialized Olympics.

The media messed-up when the made Kwan and Bode the focus rather than the other stories of athletes that we should embrace.
    I was saying it means something to the competitors.

I personally only watch a few events that I find interesting.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    True...but I don't have a nationwide audience either (unless more people than I know actually read PP.O and think that I am great...in which case, I am severly underpaid...LOL)

I don't hate Bryant Gumbel...I just think that he is arrogant...and I do really like his brother better as a sportscaster. Besides, I gotta show SOME love for Gumbel...he's from New Orleans, so I gots to support my peeps! :lol:

LUV DUKE!
    Unlike Bob Costas?

Or anyone who has to be a little cocky and arrogant to succeed.

PPO is nationwide. :grin:

No, I am glad to here that you are coming over to the Blue Side :razz:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

LUV DUKE!
    Unlike Bob Costas?

Or anyone who has to be a little cocky and arrogant to succeed.

PPO is nationwide. :grin:

No, I am glad to here that you are coming over to the Blue Side :razz:
    YOU WISH! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"tarkenton10" wrote:

:sign5: :violent3: Ouch.

I was actually making a statement about that post, not about you. Sorry for the misunderstanding and crap.

BTW, Del was the one who added the bold print when he quoted it. I wrote it in normal print.

I already have a massive private army of Pauly Shore clones and suicide penguins. My ego needs no further building. :lol:

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "He leave yo silliness fo a white girl......"

He looks Malato to me anyway.. He doesn't look Black, and he doesn't look White.. He is half Black, and half White.. So this makes him a bigger horses a$$ for putting down both of his races.. Screw him, he has no class, and no skills as far as broadcasting goes anyway..

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

the question now is, what would have happened if the comment was flipped and bill O'rielly said it?

yep.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast