Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Bryant Gumbel -- The Jerk!

Why does he have to turn EVERYTHING into a racial issue? Ya know if a white broadcaster said that the Summer Olympics look like a meeting of the NAACP they woUld be thrown off the air FOREVER!

"Finally, tonight, the Winter Games. Count me among those who don’t care about them and won’t watch them ... Because they’re so trying ... Like, try not to be incredulous when someone attempts to link these games to those of the ancient Greeks who never heard of skating or skiing. So try not to laugh when someone says these are the world’s greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention. Try not to point out that something’s not really a sport if a pseudo-athlete waits in what’s called a kiss-and-cry area, while some panel of subjective judges decides who won ... So if only to hasten the arrival of the day they’re done, when we can move on to March Madness — for God’s sake, let the games begin."
    Bryant Gumbel
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Bryant Gumbel -- The Jerk!

Uh-Ohh... Touchy subject coming up. :???:

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Whoever made that remark is an idiot. The greeks never heard of basketball, Pole vaulting,and volleyball. The greeks never could have imagined women competing or wearing clothes to compete. The original olympics had competitiors compete in the nude. The games evolved and are not exactly like the original Olympics. And a guy with that kind of mindset is a moron.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

F*** Bryant Gumbel! His brother Greg is a WAY better sports commentator ANYWAY!!! Bryant has always been an arrogant pr!ck anyway...that is why they replaced his @$$ on Today awhile ago!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Never have, never will respect Gumbel as a commentator ... He does it all the time. When he feels he's not getting enough attention, he throws the race card out there .... just has not talent in my book and dont care really what he has to say.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I am in th eminority of the peopel speaking out, but I do like Gumble.

He usually has good things to say.

Read it how you want. There was another thread on this and it got locked down. so I am not even going to go where the other thread went.

He only says that there are a small number of black athletes in the winter games and that the Winter OL lacks SOME OF the pure athletic sports, and include a lot of theatrics(kiss and cry room) and judging.

It is just his opinion, let's not have a cow.

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

And the funny thing is he is married to a white women! How in the world can he be such a racist person and come home to a white women everynight??? Makes no sense. http://web.wireimage.com/images/thumbnail/1903705.jpg

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:

Read it how you want. There was another thread on this and it got locked down. so I am not even going to go where the other thread went.

He only says that there are a small number of black athletes in the winter games and that the Winter OL lacks SOME OF the pure athletic sports, and include a lot of theatrics(kiss and cry room) and judging.

Problem is, he KNOWS that he is making mess...and probably gets off on it! That qualifies him as a Jerk...not necessarily what he said, but the fact that he did it on national TV!!!

It's kinda like the Cheney incident...it's not that he accidentally shot his friend, it's that he tried to hide it...makes him appear to place himself above the law!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

"He leave yo Azz fo a white girl......"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Problem is, he KNOWS that he is making mess...and probably gets off on it! That qualifies him as a Jerk...not necessarily what he said, but the fact that he did it on national TV!!!

It's kinda like the Cheney incident...it's not that he accidentally shot his friend, it's that he tried to hide it...makes him appear to place himself above the law!
    He(Gumble) didn't try to hide it.

The show was on HBO, not actually National TV. He always does an editorial at the end. Editorials are suppose to be on the edge or of some concern. I don't necessarily like the comment he made, but that is no reason to burn him at the stake.

I don't necessarily like all your comments Cajun, but I am not going to start a thread or a witch hunt over it. Gumble gets a chance to redeem himself next editorial.

If you like him, watch him.
    If you don't, don't watch or read his comments.

He is no Nelson Mandela or MLK, he is a commentator. He gets paid to make comments.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast