Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

Bron Bron walks off the court with 15 seconds remaining

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Every dribble, every dunk and every decision he makes is dissected. Some more so than others.

LeBron James understands that. He just doesn't get why some are saying he quit on the Cleveland Cavaliers.

James was widely criticized on sports talk radio and by TV pundits for leaving the floor in the final seconds Tuesday night in a 104-95 overtime loss to Atlanta. After missing a 3-pointer with 15 seconds left, he began walking off the floor toward Cleveland's locker room while the Hawks dribbled out the clock.

James stopped near the baseline by Cleveland's bench and watched until the final horn sounded.

He was first condemned by Atlanta's radio team and their call was picked up by some national broadcast outlets on Wednesday. Later, James was being compared to wide receiver Randy Moss, who left the field before a game was over for Minnesota.

James, who has been under a public microscope since he was 16, doesn't think he did anything unusual.

"It's not like I walked off the court and came to the locker room while there was still time left on the clock," he said before Thursday's game against Chicago. "I stood on the court the whole time, until the buzzer's end, I even said something to (Hawks forward) Joe Johnson on his way out.

"It was kind of frustrating for us to lose that game, but as far as quitting on my team or anything like that, it's crazy. If we would have won the game, it would have never been mentioned. Say if we was winning the game and I did the same thing. Would it have been mentioned? I don't think so."

James didn't seem surprised that it was incorrectly reported that he left the floor completely.

"It was reported I was in Texas somewhere and I was at home," he said. "It was reported I was in Miami and I was home, so."

Cavaliers coach Mike Brown didn't know about the flap about James' late-game stroll until he was told by his son that it was being discussed on TV. Brown said he and James have discussed the uproar.

"We both understand there is a right way to do things," Brown said. "This business is the perception business and the right way to do it is to finish the game out on the court. It won't happen again."

James' walk wasn't even noticed by the Cavaliers, who defended their teammate and said he isn't the only one to leave the floor early.

"It's no big deal," forward Drew Gooden said. "LeBron is under such a microscope that every little thing he does gets noticed. I don't care what anybody says, at some point I'm sure Michael Jordan and Larry Bird walked off the floor with 13 seconds left."

Bulls coach Scott Skiles isn't shocked that James' move got so much hype.

"I'm not real surprised by anything the media gives attention to these days," Skiles said. "Every little things gets scrutinized ridiculously."

Skiles always played to the final horn, and knows that anything is possible when there is still time left.

"I've seen Reggie Miller score eight points in nine seconds, so it has happened," he said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ap9Yr4e2Q6o0TKBntW0QgKK8vLYF?slug=ap-cavaliers-lebronslate-gamewalk&prov=ap&type=lgns

In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Bron Bron walks off the court with 15 seconds remaining

Why wasn't he being compared to Brett Favre too who left the field early in 2002 (I think 2002) at the dome?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Why wasn't he being compared to Brett Favre too who left the field early in 2002 (I think 2002) at the dome?
    Haha, it's funny you mention that, because we all know the media pretends like Brett Favre can do no wrong.

Suprisingly, today on Around the Horn when they were discussing this, Woody Paige mentioned that Brett Favre had done the same thing.

Young bitches is grazed

Oh my gosh, he did! Dang. The one day I miss that show, somebody actually talks about what I've been talking about since the day after Moss did it!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Athletes make so much money now, that they just don't care anymore.

Yeah. Some do and some don't. Most of the time I don't think it's that they don't care, but they are so frustrated with what just happened or what's going on that is how they cope/deal with it at the time.

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Yeah. Some do and some don't. Most of the time I don't think it's that they don't care, but they are so frustrated with what just happened or what's going on that is how they cope/deal with it at the time.
    Word.
    Young bitches is grazed

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I'm REALLY sick of hearing about these #&$^%(*@# A-HOLE prick athletes making gazillions of &$^%#@))#(*&^ dollars and acting like complete jerkoffs to their team or the fans or the public in general. I think it's about time fans start boycotting the games to make these jerks realize who's paying their salaries.

I'm sorry but I'm more than a little pissed off right now.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Vikingryche is offline Rookie

Todays NBA players are crap...
    Cant stand to watch it anymore.. I am so sick of getting Lebron James shoved down our throats as the supposedly face of the NBA.. Be for real!!!!
    The real NBA players are gone, the days of Magic and Bird were the days that the NBA was at its best..It has simply turned into a show instead of playing the true game of basketball.. Most of the players are just selfish pricks, who dont care about their team.... Just tryin to get the big$$$$ and their own stats.. There is no such thing as travelling anymore especially if your a superstar, take 3 steps down the floor without dribbling so they can dunk the ball, if that isnt travelling then what is.. And of course lets not forget the Jordan rules. LOL .. The NBA is a joke!!!!

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

You guys are forgetting that this is still a young kid, granted what he did was absolutely wrong, but he has been a great face of the NBA, and he is a phenomenal, yet unselfish player. Give the man a brake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast