Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Broke up my first fight

True Story:

About 2 years ago, I was driving with 3 of my daughters in the car with me.
    At the time, the middle girl was @ 13 and the twins were 5.

As we approached the elementary school by our house - which is about 3 blocks from one of the high schools - I saw 2 HS age boys assault a lone boy of approximately the same age.
    2 on 1...not my idea of a fair fight.
    This was right in front of the Elementary school, and we were @ 100 ft and closing.

As we closed, 3 more HS aged boys, kitty-corner to the fracus, started moving in that direction with a purpose.

Well, it was either going to be 4 on 2 or 5 on 1...still not my idea of a fair fight.
    Worse, the girls were watching the entire thing unfold.
    One of the twins, Kyleigh, was actually afraid.

So, I said to my girls, "Not today...not on MY street", and pulled over @ 15 feet from the brawl.

As I jumped out of the vehicle, the 3 boys who were the "johnny-come-latelies" decided that they had better places to be.
    After all, at 6'0" and @ 250lbs, I'm not the smallest guy to ever walk the planet.
    I continued towards the brawl and one of the two jumpers spotted me.
    He took off running.

When I arrived at the brawl, I took a handful of each of the combatants and lifted them off the ground, seperating them in the process.
    The victim had obviously been on the receiving end far more times than the aggressor, and I could see he'd be sporting a nice shiner come morning.

The aggressor looked at me defiantly and said, "We're straight, man, we're straight" and attempted to pull away from me.
    I flatly stated, "Your sexual orientation is of no interest to me" and pushed him away, then pulled him close while holding my grip on his coat.

For anyone who's ever tried that manuever, it's just like rabbit punching someone...and he was none too happy on the return trip to find my fist - still gripping his coat - awaiting his midsection.

I looked at the victim and said, "Where do you live".
    He pointed and said, "That way".
    I ssaid, "Then go that way" and gave his a push to help him on his way.
    The aggressor, who was amazingly docile now, was still held fast and was treated to my 5 minute "Fight like a man, and don't be a jackass" speech.
    After an appropriate amount of time had elapsed for the Victim to be out of range, I released the aggressor and returned to my vehicle.

The whole encounter lasted approximately 6 minutes.

As I entered my vehicle again, my 3 girls were looking at me with eyes as wide as saucers.
    Kyleigh, the one in front said to me, "Were those boys beating up that other boy, Dad?"

"Yes, honey, they were", I replied.

"And you saved him, huh, Dad?", she asked.

"Yes, honey, I suppose I did", I answered.

She paused for a moment, fixed me with a stare and said, "You're like Batman".

So, there you have it.
    I'm Batman.

Caine

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"Caine" wrote:
    True Story:

As we approached the elementary school by our house - which is about 3 blocks from one of the high schools - I saw 2 HS age boys assault a lone boy of approximately the same age.
    This was right in front of the Elementary school, and we were @ 100 ft and closing.

As we closed, 3 more HS aged boys, kitty-corner to the fracus, started moving in that direction with a purpose.

Well, it was either going to be 4 on 2 or 5 on 1...still not my idea of a fair fight.

So, I said to my girls, "Not today...not on MY street", and pulled over @ 15 feet from the brawl.

As I jumped out of the vehicle, the 3 boys who were the "johnny-come-latelies" decided that they had better places to be.
    After all, at 6'0" and @ 250lbs, I'm not the smallest guy to ever walk the planet.
    He took off running.

When I arrived at the brawl, I took a handful of each of the combatants and lifted them off the ground, seperating them in the process.
    The victim had obviously been on the receiving end far more times than the aggressor, and I could see he'd be sporting a nice shiner come morning.

The aggressor looked at me defiantly and said, "We're straight, man, we're straight" and attempted to pull away from me.
    I flatly stated, "Your sexual orientation is of no interest to me" and pushed him away, then pulled him close while holding my grip on his coat.

For anyone who's ever tried that manuever, it's just like rabbit punching someone...and he was none too happy on the return trip to find my fist - still gripping his coat - awaiting his midsection.

The aggressor, who was amazingly docile now, was still held fast and was treated to my 5 minute "Fight like a man, and don't be a j~~~~~~s" speech.
    After an appropriate amount of time had elapsed for the Victim to be out of range, I released the aggressor and returned to my vehicle.

As I entered my vehicle again, my 3 girls were looking at me with eyes as wide as saucers.
    Kyleigh, the one in front said to me, "Were those boys beating up that other boy, Dad?"

So, there you have it.
    I'm Batman.

Caine
    Dang, and I was gonna call you a pretty boy after meeting you finally at tailgating.

Excellent work sir, I am sure myself and others would have and have in the past intervened.
    Sadly, that breed is slowly dying out.

You should have gone kung-fu on them Caine!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

hey caine, i think i see the bat signal right now lol
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

[quote author=Webby]Dang, and I was gonna call you a pretty boy after meeting you finally at tailgating.[/quote]

Where in Hades did THAT come from?!?!?!?

Caine

oddmanout22287 is offline Pro-Bowler

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    80% of my HS teachers wouldn't break up a fight, they'd stand there and watch which was AWSOME.
    Sadly, some douchebag jiggly butt guy would usually jump in there and try to act tough.
    It was really funny when that guy ended up getting his jiggly butt knocked out. ;D
    I think I remember you saying at somepoint you were from Louisville.. if so what high school did you go to?
    I remember in middle school an art teacher tried to break up a fight... he got his nose broken, lol.
    Usually I wouldn't laugh at that (wanting to be a future teacher and all) but this guy was a real jerk and kinda had it coming...
    ;D
    PM me if you'd like a sig.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"Caine" wrote:
    [quote]
    "Webby]Dang," wrote:

Where in Hades did THAT come from?!?!?!?

Caine
    Your 5 oclock shadow/beard was way cooler than mine.
    Looked like a Tommy Hilfiger Lumberjack!
    Did I ruin your rep?

Just screwing around.
    Anything but Moss talk.
    Just figured I would toss something random at you.
    LMAO

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

After a HS hockey game in WSP we got in a 8 vs many brawl in the parking lot. Some of the dads thought it wise to break up the fight. one grabbed a buddy of mine and tossed him backward over a car. i was giving and receiving blows with a kid locked up.. I had his one hand locked against my side and was hitting him in the ribs, he was punching me on the shoulder. then i felt hands grab me and i got tossed onto a car.

just happened to be my dads car.. he was watching the fight and later told me that it's part of growing up and he woulda done something if it got outta hand. well when the guy tossed me on the car i guess he thought it was outta hand.

my dad is a viatnam vet, and very well trained in shodukan, when the parent was ready to toss the next player from my team, dad caught his arm spun him around and said "let them settle this". the guy swung at him dad blocked it and cracked him upside the jaw. picked him up and set him aside leaning on a car.

i was still on the hood watching this, and realized.. every1 had stopped fighting and had watched my dad drop this kids dad. the kid was in a headlock from one of the D guys pushed up and ran over to his dad. the fight ended there.

when i got home 3 of my buddies came with. we went into the house and dad had allready set out a beer for each of us. (we were 17) he said, "next time u play those guys beat um up on the ice not in the parking lot"

the next week we beat um 4 - 1.. with all but 3 players getting penelties. in the parking lot we didn't even see them leaving

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Good job V4L....also, great job Batman!
    Good stuff.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Del Rio Guest

"Caine" wrote:
    True Story:

He took off running.

The aggressor, who was amazingly docile now, was still held fast and was treated to my 5 minute "Fight like a man, and don't be a j~~~~~~s" speech.

So, there you have it.
    I'm Batman.

Caine
    More like robocop.

Not today not on my street........... LMAO!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast