steroids are cool
    Check yourself, son.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Re: Brock TKO over Randy

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    It's a disgrace to mixed martial arts.

Never should a fighter with 3 fights be put up against Randy Couture.

He didn't earn a title shot, it was given to him.... ridiculous.

But god gol 'darnit is he strong.
    Randy told Dana he wanted the fight, I mean I guess you can argue or be mad about Dana even setting up the fight, but when Randy okays the fight you have to criticize him as well.
    And a disgrace to the MMA?
    Please, if you have a guy who is as big and powerful as Brock and can bring so much to the sport you just don't tell all the fans and other people who want MMA to become more of a household sport that Brock needs more "time".
    Not to mention the "disgrace" Randy was when he got his title shot after 3 fights.

Brock needs to work on some of his game, but with his take down defense and wrestling skills he can fight any heavyweight in the game.
    For the most part people are just mad because they labeled Brock as a "fake" when he wanted to come into the sport and now that he is doing well nobody wants to admit he's the real deal.
    There is more to a sport than some sort of ranked system or a some sort of perceived system for who should get a title shot.

Brock is a great fighter who walked away from big money in fake wrestling to pursue his own dreams.
    Brock is a guy who could finally bring MMA the attention it deserves.
    Can't wait for the Brock/Mir or Nog fight.
    I would especially like to see a Mir rematch so when Mir is destroyed like he almost TKOed the first time around people can wine and wine and wine about how Brock still needs to face *insert fighter* before he's legit.
    Win or lose I support Brock.
    +1

Amen Shutz.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Schutz" wrote:
    Second round TKO, big ham hand to Randy's face and then a stoppage after Brock pummeled Randy on the ground.
    I've always been a big Brock fan because he was such a great wrestler for the Gophers and has had the physical tools to big a "real" champion at a sport.
    Not to mention all the new fans he will bring in to the UFC.
    If MMA wants to take the place of Boxing in the world they are going to need big selling stars like Brock and some high profile fights.

Anybody else watch the match?
    Thoughts?
    Yeah, I watched the fight at Buffalo Wild Wings with friends (standing room only). The place went nuts when Randy fell to the mat and Brock was punching him repeatedly in the face.

Good times.
    8)

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Brock rocks but I would love to see a match between him and Cole Konrad. That would be awesome

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

Nothing like watching a late twenty year old beat up an old man to get the blood flowing.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    steroids are cool
    UFC does test for steroids, just ask Sherk.
    If that's true I'm sure 90% of the heavyweights are using them, why wouldn't you when it gives such a clear advantage. As a fan though I don't care, I want to see the biggest baddest dudes rip each other to pieces.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

How did Randy fall down that fight?

That was odd....

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    steroids are cool
    UFC does test for steroids, just ask Sherk.
    If that's true I'm sure 90% of the heavyweights are using them, why wouldn't you when it gives such a clear advantage. As a fan though I don't care, I want to see the biggest baddest dudes rip each other to pieces.
    why, do you think that people can't just get naturally big?
    It pisses me off whenever someone sees someone big, and automatically labels them a juicer, especially in professional sports.
    Brock was not on roids, and I'm pretty sure he never was.
    They test for roids in UFC.
    They also test for roids in the NFL, and if you don't remember, Lesnar played a little bit for the vikings as a DT.
    He wasn't caught then, hasn't been caught now.

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

Lesnar is the real deal... by all means he should be undefeated. Had Mir not turned his head away from Brock as he was swinging, and then whole time out bit... Lesnar would have owned him too. This guy has been dominant in every fight he's been in. Even in defeat this guy made a verteran like Mir look like a piece of garbage. People root against him because of his WWE past, just like so many did when he tried to become a professional football player. He's legit. The guy is very likely faster and stronger then anyone else in the heavyweight division, and honestly moves better than a lot of middleweights. I'd love to see a Lesnar/Mir rematch... Mir will get owned... theres no way he can get away with calling two timeouts in back to back fights with lesnar

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

I don't know why people say Brock didn't deserve a title shot.
    He has shown unmatched athleticism for a heavyweight and was destroying Mir until he got caught in a submission.
    He dominated Heath Herring, who is no slouch (I played poker with his ex girlfriend BTW SO HOT!!!).
    Gonzaga and Congo have been relatively boring to watch.
    I completely understand why the UFC would give this man a title shot so early.
    He defeated the great American hero in convincing fashion also, so I'm pretty sure that validated the decision to give him a title shot.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast