Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Britons pick teeth with screwdrivers, scissors ...

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    :shock:

Chill out man!
    People make stupid generalisations.. They get burned.

The key line I hid in there was: "Don't make me pull out one of the MILLIONS of articles online that say Americans are dangerously obese, then make a passing comment that generalises ALL OF YOU."

It was his generalisation about the British that pissed me off about YogidAbEAR's post.

jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach

"Benet" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    i never pick at my teeth with anything but floss, toothpicks and occasionally my fingernails. this study just proves the british have terrible teeth.
    Yeah, because they actually DEFINE what "TERRIBLE" is and then set out to compare the numbers of people who meet this criteria and those who don't.

fricken stupid article that basically proves nothing other than to perpetuate a stereotype, but you know what I've learned on my travels that include LEAVING MY fricken COUCH AND GOING TO ANOTHER fricken COUNTRY?!!

EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY HAS PEOPLE WITH BAD TEETH.

Yes, including you fat motherfuckers. Don't make me pull out one of the MILLIONS of articles online that say Americans are dangerously obese, then make a passing comment that generalises ALL OF YOU. Bloody hell, while I was in the States I saw HUNDREDS of people with god-awful teeth, but it's not a stereotype so it's not picked up. The fact is, people SHOULD care more about their teeth, I know I do, I had 4 years of (FREE) orthondontistry to sort mine out (the plate, the train tracks AND the guard), so I can certainly understand why some people wouldn't want to go through what I did. But, you get it everywhere.

Some people have bad teeth. Some people don't. Britain gets picked on for it, just like you Yanks do 'cos you're all fat.
    Thanks for attacking Americans based on a comment from a person from Canada. Yogidabear is Canadian.

But hey thanks I am sure when you get off of your couch and travel you will figure out they are two different countries
    :roll:

Prophet Guest

"I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally." W.C. Fields.

"jaymz7" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    i never pick at my teeth with anything but floss, toothpicks and occasionally my fingernails. this study just proves the british have terrible teeth.
    Yeah, because they actually DEFINE what "TERRIBLE" is and then set out to compare the numbers of people who meet this criteria and those who don't.

fricken stupid article that basically proves nothing other than to perpetuate a stereotype, but you know what I've learned on my travels that include LEAVING MY fricken COUCH AND GOING TO ANOTHER fricken COUNTRY?!!

Yes, including you fat motherfuckers. Don't make me pull out one of the MILLIONS of articles online that say Americans are dangerously obese, then make a passing comment that generalises ALL OF YOU. Bloody hell, while I was in the States I saw HUNDREDS of people with god-awful teeth, but it's not a stereotype so it's not picked up. The fact is, people SHOULD care more about their teeth, I know I do, I had 4 years of (FREE) orthondontistry to sort mine out (the plate, the train tracks AND the guard), so I can certainly understand why some people wouldn't want to go through what I did. But, you get it everywhere.

Some people have bad teeth. Some people don't. Britain gets picked on for it, just like you Yanks do 'cos you're all fat.
    Thanks for attacking Americans based on a comment from a person from Canada.
    :idea: :roll:
    Read the post in context of Yogi's.. He makes a stupid, sweeping statement about a country he's never been, I respond in kind.

I get commented on because my post attacks the majority. Notice I didn't even back up my insults because I KNOW they're stupid. If I wanted to type out an essay on this board, with sources and references on the subject, I would, but an intelligent debate was not my intention.

I was merely responding in kind to a stupid, uneducated comment on my people.

[Edit] Canada.. United States.. Whatever. You call me British when I'm English, I'll call you North American when you're Canadian. We're as bad as each other.

MightyVikes12391 is offline Pro-Bowler

I use my energy sword

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Benet" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:

Way to funny Benet,

I can tell you and I would get along just fine. I hate when people knock others and group that whole culture or people of the culture or nationality all in one..

One time I was sitting in a job site trailer having my lunch, we had a new boss eating with us. He starts talking about asian women and how their all sluts and whores. I got up, walked over to him and kicked him in the face then continued to kick the shit out of him.....Little did he know my wife was asian.....

Next day, I still had my job, and I never did see the guy again....

Some people just don't get it......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Way to funny Benet,

I can tell you and I would get along just fine. I hate when people knock others and group that whole culture or people of the culture or nationality all in one..

One time I was sitting in a job site trailer having my lunch, we had a new boss eating with us. He starts talking about asian women and how their all sluts and whores. I got up, walked over to him and kicked him in the face then continued to kick the pooh out of him.....Little did he know my wife was asian.....

Next day, I still had my job, and I never did see the guy again....

Some people just don't get it......
    F***in' A mate.. Someone who gets it!

And well done on kicking the crap outta that guy.. He completely deserved it.

jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach

"Benet" wrote:
    "jaymz7" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:

Read the post in context of Yogi's.. He makes a stupid, sweeping statement about a country he's never been, I respond in kind.

I get commented on because my post attacks the majority. Notice I didn't even back up my insults because I KNOW they're stupid. If I wanted to type out an essay on this board, with sources and references on the subject, I would, but an intelligent debate was not my intention.

[Edit] Canada.. United States.. Whatever. You call me British when I'm English, I'll call you North American when you're Canadian. We're as bad as each other.
    First off I never called you or any of your country natives British. That is you generalizing what poeple from another country do. ( Kind of like the article did )

If I wanted to insult I could group you with the French people and blame the stuff they say and do on the English also.

If you want to blame America for what a Canadian says then go ahead. See in America we allow the freedom of speech and everyone can state their opinion regardless if everyone agrees or not.

As an American I apologize to you and your country for everything anyone from Canada has wronfully said to anyone from England.

But you know what this is ridiculous so to each their own. I still look forward to discussing many upcoming topics with you on the Vikes and wish you the best.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Benet" wrote:
    "jaymz7" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:

So are you saying it's wrong to call you British? Do English people get pissed when they get called British? Or are you just saying that British is the general and English is the specific like Canadian is specific and North American is general?

"MightyVikes12391" wrote:
    I use my energy sword
    lol That's dangerous!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12