i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Bring back Up With People - Bruce Springstein Sucks

"Mr" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    You can hate on Bruce for many things, his attitude, new albums, some of his political BS, draft dodging etc. But if you don't like Glory Days, Thunder Road, Born in the USA, Born to Run, or Rosalita there's something wrong with you.
    except that he didn't even play born in the USA... (or else i was toooooo drunk to notice..)
    but he didn't play it.
    He was pretty decent, better than other shows, I agree with whoever said we need some GNR, that would be unreal.
    I know he didn't play Born in the USA. He didn't play Thunder Road or or Rosalita either. I'm just listing the songs that are nearly impossible to dislike.
    If your playing in the superbowl... (aka, the sport that means the most to America...) then you better fucking play Born in the USA.
    I was pissed..... and I don't even live in the USA..
    If he wasn't promoting a new album, I'm sure he would have instead of Working on a Dream.
    I still don't understand why they don't get some rapper or hip hop artist or someone to play at the superbowl.... hell, most of the players would rather listen to someone like lil wayne than someone like bruce springsteen.
    nothing against the boss, but there's more people than 50 year old men watching the superbowl.
    like fuck, they had jesse McCartney and whoever the fuck else playing on thanksgiving.... just disgracefull.

Although I must say, Good job by journey on the pregame show.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

They should have a vote on NFL.com every year and let the fans decide who performs at halftime.
    That would have to entail having like 6-10 bands/performers from different genres.
    I also think having the acrobats from Cirque de Soleil doing some crazy shit would be awesome.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Tad7" wrote:

lol...amazing what one boob can do
    6-10
    8-8
    9-7
    ?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Personally I was waiting for him to play "Dancin in the dark" and for Courtney Cox to run up on stage and start to dance.I wasn't that impressed with his overall performance and thought there were better songs he could have played.

OTOH Faith Hill was looking hot as usual in the pre game and that national anthem by Jennifer Hudson was absolutely spectacular. I don't think I have ever heard it done better.( And no Roseann Barr videos please.)

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    You can hate on Bruce for many things, his attitude, new albums, some of his political BS, draft dodging etc. But if you don't like Glory Days, Thunder Road, Born in the USA, Born to Run, or Rosalita there's something wrong with you.
    except that he didn't even play born in the USA... (or else i was toooooo drunk to notice..)
    but he didn't play it.
    He was pretty decent, better than other shows, I agree with whoever said we need some GNR, that would be unreal.
    I know he didn't play Born in the USA. He didn't play Thunder Road or or Rosalita either. I'm just listing the songs that are nearly impossible to dislike.

+1.

The half-time show was great. Bruce has a lousy voice, doesn't play a great guitar, but he writes great songs, and plays with as much energy as anyone I've ever seen. His shows are incredible.

Ultra, I had never heard he dodged the draft like you say. But he's done a lot for the rights of Vietnam vets. Many people think Born in the U.S.A. is a rah-rah patriotic song, but it's not even close.

Say what you want about him, but he and the E Street band are one of the greatest acts of all time.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Personally I was waiting for him to play "Dancin in the dark" and for Courtney Cox to run up on stage and start to dance.I wasn't that impressed with his overall performance and thought there were better songs he could have played.

OTOH Faith Hill was looking hot as usual in the pre game and that national anthem by Jennifer Hudson was absolutely spectacular. I don't think I have ever heard it done better.( And no Roseann Barr videos please.)

+1.

Faith was as beautiful as ever, and Jennifer's version was absolutely the best I've ever heard (even better than Whitney's taped one in '90).
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I can't stand people that sing the anthem like that. They make up notes like it's their job. Just sing the damn song.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I thought Springsteen sounded like shit.
    That halftime show was less entertaining than watching fire ants eating the eyeballs out of a dead 'possum.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:
    I thought Springsteen sounded like shit.
    That halftime show was less entertaining than watching fire ants eating the eyeballs out of a dead 'possum.
    you say that like you've seen it before.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey" wrote:
    I can't stand people that sing the anthem like that. They make up notes like it's their job. Just sing the damn song.
    Jennifer can sing like a champ though.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast