Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brian Russell

Semperfi Vike is offline Rookie

Brian Russell

Was Brian Russells season a fluke?

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Brian Russell

He got lucky he got so many INT's. This year, I think he will have around 4 or 5. I don't think that he'll have 9 again this year.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Brian Russell

True he probably will not post 9 INT's but I do feel with Chavous and Winfield he should be able to improve, lets hope so any way.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Brian Russell

No he may not get 9 INT's again and Chavous might not get 8 but obviously the guy was in the right place at the right time, he is a smart safety and will continue to improve he study's with chavous and they make a great safety tandom, He had like 80 tackles last year and u just dont do that on accident or get lucky he got his ass out there and made those tackles, I wish u guys would stop bad mouthing him i think hes an exelent football player and will continue to improve and be a solid FS. His season was not a fluke

Brian Russell

Hey vikingstw, I toatally agree with you, I just posted the question because I have heard others saying he was lucky. I can't wait to see what our defensive backfield will do this year, especially with the thought of a even better pass rush D.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Brian Russell

I think he's gonna be the next John Lynch!! He needs to get a little smarter and take better angles on runners, but he hits the he!! out of people! His INTs will go down, but his tackling will get better. He's the type of guy that had to prove to everybody he could make it, so he's gonna bust his butt to get better!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Brian Russell

I think russell better improve or he might get passed by offord. Offord has been improving every offseason, and is looking great so far this offseason. I like offord, even though he stuck it up when he had a chance. He was thrown in there too young, and he lost his confidence quickly. He has the physical tools to be a pro bowl safety and is getting better at reading offenses. I personally think there is gonna be a battle for that starting safety spot this training camp and preseason, and offord may suprise some people and take that spot from russell.

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

Brian Russell

i loved that lick he laid on shannon sharpe when we faced denver =)

too bad he'll never make a pro bowl ... nope, not as long as roy williams is in the NFC

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Brian Russell

Just like any DB, some of his picks came from smart play and some came from being in the right place when the QB made a bad throw. Russell is an aggressive player who hits hard but has had problems when it comes to reading the offense. He got beat a number of times last season vs. teams that spread the field. I don't know much about Offord but I'll take muchluv's word for it and be glad we at least have some depth at FS.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Brian Russell

I to like offord and beleive that he has the physical tools to be a solid safety but i dont quite think hes ready to take over brian russels spot but i do feel that we have solid depth at safty and u never know he may challenge for the starting spot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast