Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Brady Quinn Realizes Every Boy’s Dream of Not Getting Drafted by the Raiders

Brady Quinn Realizes Every Boy’s Dream of Not Getting Drafted by the Raiders
    sports pickle

After years of work on the field, in the weight room and in the film room, Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn finally saw his lifelong dream come true on Saturday at the NFL Draft when he was picked by an NFL team that is not the Oakland Raiders.

“Every little kid when they are growing up imagines playing quarterback in the NFL for a team that’s not the Raiders,” said Quinn. “Well, I’m sure there are a few little boys out there who want to quarterback the Raiders. But they are probably the little a—hole kids of those Halloween transvestite freaks that go to Raiders home games. Any sane person, though, doesn’t want to play for the Raiders. They suck.”

Quinn was rumored to be one of the Raiders top candidates for the No. 1 overall pick, but they decided to take LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell instead.

“Sure, you hope to one day become the No. 1 overall pick in the draft,” said Quinn. “But that dream pales in comparison to the one about not getting drafted by the Raiders. I can’t tell you how relieved I was when they picked JaMarcus.”

Russell says he is still coming to terms with his selection.

“I don’t know, it’s an honor to go first, of course” said Russell, “but, let’s just say it isn’t under the best circumstances. I mean, why do you think I was putting on all this weight lately? I was trying to hurt my stock so the Raiders would take Brady or Calvin Johnson. It’s disappointing. You all saw how emotional my family was when I got picked. They are heartbroken. But, who knows, we’ll see what happens. Maybe they’ll trade me or something. Or maybe I’ll get hurt really bad and won’t ever put on an NFL uniform until my Raiders contract runs out. It’s all in God’s hands.”

Quinn says that while he was waiting for hours to get picked – finally going No. 22 overall to the Cleveland Browns – he was fielding calls from friends and family congratulating him on his big moment.

“My dad told me how I always used to play in the backyard by myself imagining future NFL glory,” said Quinn. “I’d say in an announcer voice: ‘Brady Quinn goes back to pass for any NFL team other than the Raiders ... he throws it deep ... and it’s a touchdown! A team other than the Raiders wins!’ I was no different than millions of other American boys that way.”
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Json is offline GM

Re: Brady Quinn Realizes Every Boy’s Dream of Not Getting Drafted by the Raiders

This article sucks...No offense, I know it's meant for fun which is cool but between this and the onion I find it stupid.
    Anyone could jot down some rubbish like this.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Brady Quinn Realizes Every Boy’s Dream of Not Getting Drafted by the Raiders

"Json" wrote:
    This article sucks...No offense, I know it's meant for fun which is cool but between this and the onion I find it stupid.
    Anyone could jot down some rubbish like this.
    DJ Gallo is great.
    He's easily the best Page2 guy on ESPN.com
    Some of his stuff from the pickle is brilliant.

[color=red]

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

Does Brady Quin drink pickle juice?

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Is this article trying to say that the Raiders suck?

Could that be true?