Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Boy Dies from Tooth Ache

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17372104/

    This is really sad. I am not trying to get political but we need our leaders to figure out our health care system. There are way to many incidents like this that happen to often because of health system or lack there of.

  2. #2
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Boy Dies from Tooth Ache

    Buy a pliers for $2, problem solved.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  3. #3
    slinkey is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    305

    Re: Boy Dies from Tooth Ache

    How ridiculous!
    Health care is FREE across the NATION at city hospitals which are required to give care to those who cannot pay.
    The states pick up the fee.
    What this acticle should say is, " idiot parents cost kid his life".

  4. #4
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Boy Dies from Tooth Ache

    Socialized health care would have prevented this?

    Highly unlikely.

    People think that it means free health care for everyone, and no one goes untreated....happy happy joy joy!

    Not the case. This kid probably wouldn't have been able to get in to a dentist for a seemingly "routine" procedure if he were in a socialized situation. The fact is, if people think something as free, they consume more of it. This is happening in Europe right now. People are overburdening the health care system, and routine procedures are being put at the bottom of the list, meaning people have to wait months and months at a time for things like checkups, physicals and minor surgeries.

    There have been cases where a person who may, or may not, have cancer has to wait 6 months to see an oncologist. By the time their appointments roll around, they're already dead or dying.

    Medicine, just like anything else, is a free market. If you socialize everything and take away competition, then you are going to get fewer and fewer competant doctors. Not to mention the fact that people (especially smart ones, like Dr.'s usually are) are not going to go to school for 8 years to get paid $40,000 a year from the government.

    Socialized medicine, in a country of 300 million people, with a government that does not have the tax revenue to provide it (nor do they have citizens willing to PAY to provide it) would be an utter failure.

  5. #5
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Boy Dies from Tooth Ache

    "slinkey" wrote:
    How ridiculous!
    Health care is FREE across the NATION at city hospitals which are required to give care to those who cannot pay.
    The states pick up the fee.
    What this acticle should say is, " idiot parents cost kid his life".
    Very true.
    I live in a poor state and pay exorbitant health care costs for the majority of uninsured/unemployed in the state.
    I still have to pay a pile of Franklins before I meet my deductible even though I'm paying $1000s/yr for health care.
    The parents were idiots, therefore the child died.

    It is unfortunate that one of the richest countries in the world can't somehow provide healthcare to everyone.
    Don't know the solution, but in this case it was undoubtedly retarded parents.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  6. #6
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boy Dies from Tooth Ache

    A routine, $80 tooth extraction might have saved him.

    If his mother had been insured.

    If his family had not lost its Medicaid.

    If Medicaid dentists weren't so hard to find.

    If his mother hadn't been focused on getting a dentist for his brother, who had six rotted teeth.
    How about if his mother had taught him the basics of personal hygiene.
    I feel bad for the family, and it is terribly sad that he could have been saved, but in this case I think the majority of the blame lies on the mother, not in the health care system.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #7
    Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    846
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boy Dies from Tooth Ache

    "THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17372104/

    This is really sad. I am not trying to get political but we need our leaders to figure out our health care system. There are way to many incidents like this that happen to often because of health system or lack there of.
    It is a shame he wasn't a convicted felon.
    Then the government would have taken care of it.

  8. #8
    Slade is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,843

    Re: Boy Dies from Tooth Ache

    yeah...that sux. Poor kid was probably in alot of pain. But, yeah it was the parents fault for not following up quicker. I know $$$ was an issue, but c'mon....something has to be done.

  9. #9
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Boy Dies from Tooth Ache

    "Ltrey" wrote:
    Socialized health care would have prevented this?

    Highly unlikely.

    People think that it means free health care for everyone, and no one goes untreated....happy happy joy joy!

    Not the case. This kid probably wouldn't have been able to get in to a dentist for a seemingly "routine" procedure if he were in a socialized situation. The fact is, if people think something as free, they consume more of it. This is happening in Europe right now. People are overburdening the health care system, and routine procedures are being put at the bottom of the list, meaning people have to wait months and months at a time for things like checkups, physicals and minor surgeries.

    There have been cases where a person who may, or may not, have cancer has to wait 6 months to see an oncologist. By the time their appointments roll around, they're already dead or dying.

    Medicine, just like anything else, is a free market. If you socialize everything and take away competition, then you are going to get fewer and fewer competant doctors. Not to mention the fact that people (especially smart ones, like Dr.'s usually are) are not going to go to school for 8 years to get paid $40,000 a year from the government.

    Socialized medicine, in a country of 300 million people, with a government that does not have the tax revenue to provide it (nor do they have citizens willing to PAY to provide it) would be an utter failure.
    This coming from someone who's sister is studying to be a DOCTOR!!!

    NICE TRY, Ltrey!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #10
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Boy Dies from Tooth Ache

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    Socialized health care would have prevented this?

    Highly unlikely.

    People think that it means free health care for everyone, and no one goes untreated....happy happy joy joy!

    Not the case. This kid probably wouldn't have been able to get in to a dentist for a seemingly "routine" procedure if he were in a socialized situation. The fact is, if people think something as free, they consume more of it. This is happening in Europe right now. People are overburdening the health care system, and routine procedures are being put at the bottom of the list, meaning people have to wait months and months at a time for things like checkups, physicals and minor surgeries.

    There have been cases where a person who may, or may not, have cancer has to wait 6 months to see an oncologist. By the time their appointments roll around, they're already dead or dying.

    Medicine, just like anything else, is a free market. If you socialize everything and take away competition, then you are going to get fewer and fewer competant doctors. Not to mention the fact that people (especially smart ones, like Dr.'s usually are) are not going to go to school for 8 years to get paid $40,000 a year from the government.

    Socialized medicine, in a country of 300 million people, with a government that does not have the tax revenue to provide it (nor do they have citizens willing to PAY to provide it) would be an utter failure.
    This coming from someone who's sister is studying to be a DOCTOR!!!

    NICE TRY, Ltrey!!!
    Damn, I was afraid someone would bring that up, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dom DeLuise dies at 75
    By Garland Greene in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 03:27 PM
  2. Ike Turner Dies at 76
    By Garland Greene in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 09:04 PM
  3. Tooth Chipped on Cookie Ruled Work-Related
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 04:41 PM
  4. Neck Ache
    By CrazyVikingsFan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 11:17 PM
  5. BREAKING NEWS - Favre's mom Gets Stomach Ache!!!!
    By Toss2Moss84 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-01-2004, 11:30 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •