Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Boy, 11, who was deaf for NINE years regains hearing... after cotton bud pops...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=510802&in_page_id=1770
    A school boy who was deaf for nine years was suddenly cured - when a cotton wool bud suddenly popped out of his ear.

Jerome Bartens, 11, was diagnosed as deaf in his right ear when he was just two. He struggled at school, couldn't hear the TV properly and was fed up with people having to shout at him.

But when playing pool with his friends in a church hall Jerome felt a sudden pop. He put his finger in his ear and there was the tip of a cotton wool bud which had been wedged there for almost 10 years.
    [img width=450 height=302]http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/01_05/BartensEarbudWNS_468x315.jpg[/img]

His family believe Jerome was a toddler when he put the cotton bud in his ear and the centimetre-long cotton tip came off the plastic stem.

Jerome's dad Carsten, 45, said: "It was just incredible - his hearing returned to normal in an instant. He was cured as suddenly as he became deaf. I had always suspected Jerome had stuck something in his ear when he was little and that was causing the problem...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Boy, 11, who was deaf for NINE years regains hearing... after cotton bud pops...

Just heard that on the radio.
    Bet the Drs feel like asses.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Boy, 11, who was deaf for NINE years regains hearing... after cotton bud pop

"Prophet" wrote:
    Bet the Drs feel like asses.
    I smell a lawsuit coming on.

Laziness on the doctor's part, that's all it comes down to.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Boy, 11, who was deaf for NINE years regains hearing... after cotton bud pop

"C" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Bet the Drs feel like dimply buttocks.

No shit.
    How on earth could they miss that in the ear?
    It isn't like the ear canal goes very far in - it stops at the ear drum, and doctors and nurses can easily see all the way to the ear drum with an Otoscope.
    Crimney.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Bet the Drs feel like dimply buttocks.

No pooh.
    How on earth could they miss that in the ear?
    It isn't like the ear canal goes very far in - it stops at the ear drum, and doctors and nurses can easily see all the way to the ear drum with an Otoscope.
    Crimney.
    I gotta raise the bullshit flag on this one as well.

Are they telling me that the doctor never pulled the ear back and looked in it with the little light thingamajig?
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Boy, 11, who was deaf for NINE years regains hearing... after cotton bud pops...

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=510802&in_page_id=1770
    A school boy who was deaf for nine years was suddenly cured - when a cotton wool bud suddenly popped out of his ear.

Jerome Bartens, 11, was diagnosed as deaf in his right ear when he was just two. He struggled at school, couldn't hear the TV properly and was fed up with people having to shout at him.

But when playing pool with his friends in a church hall Jerome felt a sudden pop. He put his finger in his ear and there was the tip of a cotton wool bud which had been wedged there for almost 10 years.
    [img width=450 height=302]http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/01_05/BartensEarbudWNS_468x315.jpg[/img]

His family believe Jerome was a toddler when he put the cotton bud in his ear and the centimetre-long cotton tip came off the plastic stem.

Jerome's dad Carsten, 45, said: "It was just incredible - his hearing returned to normal in an instant. He was cured as suddenly as he became deaf. I had always suspected Jerome had stuck something in his ear when he was little and that was causing the problem...

Man, that is one cruddy wax-encrusted Q-tip bud.
    :P
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I'd be very curious as to what state he is from.... (more so what state the doctors were in)

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    I'd be very curious as to what state he is from.... (more so what state the doctors were in)
    It happened in England.
    Although I was under the impression that GB had pretty good health care systems...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    It happened in England.
    Although I was under the impression that GB had pretty good health care systems...
    Great, now someone is going to make a Green Bay joke out of it.
    ;D

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I was ready for the Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, or Arkansas jokes to go flying...

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast