Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Re:The boxing thread

This Saturday at the Texas Stadium Pac Man Pacquiao will defend his WBO WW title against Josuha ClotteY in front of a record attendance of 45.000.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=4945800

Seeing his last performances I can see the filipino taking a W by KO ,too much of a speedy and technician for the Ghana boxer.Betting odds are now 1/7 for Pac and 4/1 Joshua C.

It will be a nice fight to watch though
    El underdog.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

It will be OK, but Pacquiao will probably destroy Clottey. I think Clottey should have defeated Cotto (who happens to be Puerto Rican... and won a decision bout at MSG, when most people had the fight going to Clottey... on the same day as the Puerto Rican day parade...)

Anyways, if Clottey can barely handle Cotto, I doubt he'll fair much better with Pacquiao. Just a guess though.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

C Mac D wrote:
    It will be OK, but Pacquiao will probably destroy Clottey. I think Clottey should have defeated Cotto (who happens to be Puerto Rican... and won a decision bout at MSG, when most people had the fight going to Clottey... on the same day as the Puerto Rican day parade...)

Anyways, if Clottey can barely handle Cotto, I doubt he'll fair much better with Pacquiao. Just a guess though.
    With you on both. Clottey beat Cotto, IMHO. And Pacquiao toyed with Cotto before putting him away.

I also think Mayweather destroys Moseley.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Manny Pacquiao-Joshua Clottey .WBO Welterweight Championship.
    HBO HD version
    698 Mb
    All credits to upper.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HBB9CM0W

[spoiler]Very dissapointing fight ,WTF is it supposed Clottey did ,in his more important pay day as a boxer ,he limited to put himself in some turle position and spent the entire fight on that shell way mode...
    That one made PBF fights look like a hell of entertainment.

It was Pacquiao all night long punishing that punching bag called Clottey,to tell the truth not even a good clear jab or upper in all 36 mins...I didnīt expect a latino war or something like that but this was total garbage ,I didnīt spend 40 bucks on this cause I watched via Internet but still felt pissed off about it,staying up till 6:00 a.m.,I donīt know... The Cotto fight was a mismatch too but at least the puerto rican showed some cojones even Hatton did much better than this Ghana punching ball.As I said one of the worst fights I ever whitnessed ,the undercard was boring as hell too btw...nice job Aurum very nice....

All in all a UD for the filipino(Actually I had 120-108 ,all rounds for Pac).Now after this dissapointing bout it is time speculate again with the Pac-Mayweather fight which it would be scheduled for late 2010 ,just hope to happen, this one shouldnīt let us down....[/spoiler]
    El underdog.

I guess it is time to bump .Two all time ww greats.

Mosley is the heavy hitter here but speed will be a factor,I just donīt see Mayweather being KOīd.Sugar Shane has passed his prime,I wish I am wrong(I canīt stand all that big mouth crappy money talk of Mayweather) but I got no doubt ,Pretty boy by U.D for his 41 W in a row.
    El underdog.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

El Vikingo wrote:

Mosley is the heavy hitter here but speed will be a factor,I just donīt see Mayweather being KOīd.Sugar Shane has passed his prime,I wish I am wrong(I canīt stand all that big mouth crappy money talk of Mayweather) but I got no doubt ,Pretty boy by U.D for his 41 W in a row.
    I want Floyd to win for no other reason than that (hopefully) we can FINALLY get him in the ring with Pacquiao. Manny will kick his ass.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Floyd Mayweather vs Shane Mosley
    HBO Broadcast HD.792 MB.
    Credits to upper.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z8ECJG84

Spoiler:Another ass-whooping typical boring Mayweather fight,Sugar Shane looked great in the first 2 rounds but then gassed out like the 40 old year guy he is.
    Now bring him Pacquiao once and for all and shut this assclown mouth up.

Btw look who is coming baaaaaaack!!!

Margacheato is here again,next Saturday in Aguas Calientes vs Roberto Ortiz.I wanna see that.
    El underdog.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    El Vikingo wrote:

I want Floyd to win for no other reason than that (hopefully) we can FINALLY get him in the ring with Pacquiao. Manny will kick his ass.

=Z=
    Mayweather's jab is too quick and lengthy, he's too smart, and his feet are too fast(not as fast as Manny's, but his other skills make up for that slight disadvantage) for Manny to get inside early, and he's too well conditioned for Manny to get inside in the late rounds.

I think Pacquaio is the most naturally gifted boxer out there right now, he's an amazing fighter, but Mayweather is a machine. Literally all he knows is boxing, it's all he's done his entire life. He can adjust on the fly like no other fighter because of his knowledge and experience.

I think it's going to be a good fight, but I can't see Mayweather getting his first loss. Unless Manny can manage to get inside early and knock him out, Floyd wins by decision... if the fight happens at all.

Re: The boxing thread

I like Tony but what has he done to deserve a shot at Manny?
    Besides being handled by Bob Aurum?

This is gonna be a total rape .Manny by TKO rd 8-9.
    El underdog.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Re: The boxing thread

David Haye fights Audley Harrison for the WBA heavyweight belt tonight. It looks on paper like a big mismatch, although Harrison won an olympic gold 10 years ago he has done nothing since to show he is world class. Haye has looked good although you could argue he is more of a cruiserweight who really needs to fight the Klitschko's to really prove himself at this level.

If the fight is anywhere as good as the pre match talking between the pair has it should be a classic, I'm not buying into all that hype but I'll still get the PPV to find out. It's good to see two Brits fighting for a world belt but what the hell has happened to the Heavyweights? America needs someone to step up, I don't think there has ever been a time that this division has been so weak overall.

As for the fight tonight, I think Haye wins easily but I hope Harrison can somehow snatch it, just to shut Haye up.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234