Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Books you might want to read?

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    Olsen_10 try "Where The Red Fern Grows" by Wilson Rawls.
    Billy, Old Dan & Little Ann. A boy and his two dogs. Pretty much a classic tale about loyalty and friendship. Not just between humans, but more importantly, between dogs. The confrontation between Billy, Rubin, Old Dan and Old Blue affected me deeply when I 1st read it at about 7 years old. My 9 year old daughter is reading it now, kinda apprehensive. Anyone that has already read it knows what's coming. Glad she's reading it though. It's a quick read, nothing you can't stroll thru in a couple of days.
    If you ever get your hands on that book read it.
    I have a paperback copy that has been read so many times the pages are coming out of it.

Saw it in a movie once.
    Not bad, but as always, the book is better.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    Billy, Old Dan & Little Ann. A boy and his two dogs. Pretty much a classic tale about loyalty and friendship. Not just between humans, but more importantly, between dogs. The confrontation between Billy, Rubin, Old Dan and Old Blue affected me deeply when I 1st read it at about 7 years old. My 9 year old daughter is reading it now, kinda apprehensive. Anyone that has already read it knows what's coming. Glad she's reading it though. It's a quick read, nothing you can't stroll thru in a couple of days.
    I have a paperback copy that has been read so many times the pages are coming out of it.

Saw it in a movie once.
    We have a really old 18" hatchet my wife's gramp gave to my son. His job is chopping up kindling out of ceder. Under NO circumstances is he to RUN with it. We had a 2 hour safety class on the proper uses of the "hatchet." ;D In many ways, I feel that "Fern" is superior to "Old Yeller". "Yeller" is still a classic and still great, I just love "Fern" for the relationship that the dogs have with one another. Just another dimension that gets explored.
    Tuco the world.....

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:

Saw it in a movie once.
    We have a really old 18" hatchet my wife's gramp gave to my son. His job is chopping up kindling out of ceder. Under NO circumstances is he to RUN with it. We had a 2 hour safety class on the proper uses of the "hatchet." ;D In many ways, I feel that "Fern" is superior to "Old Yeller". "Yeller" is still a classic and still great, I just love "Fern" for the relationship that the dogs have with one another. Just another dimension that gets explored.
    Love Ole Yeller as well, however, no way does it hold a candle to "Red Fern"

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:

Saw it in a movie once.
    Love Ole Yeller as well, however, no way does it hold a candle to "Red Fern"

;D
    Was it wrong to laugh when he fell out of the tree and got bit by the pigs?

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

The Dirt by Motley Crue is a good read, how those guys made it out alive (though not unscathed) is a minor miracle.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234