Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Bonds Hits *756

  1. #21
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    16,005

    Re: Bonds Hits *756

    Yawn.

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  2. #22
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: Bonds Hits *756

    For collectors, Bonds' 756th ball no round-tripper

    http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Extra/ForCollectorsBonds756thBallNoRoundTripper.aspx?GT1 =10347

  3. #23
    lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    618

    Re: Bonds Hits *756

    "cc21" wrote:
    Innocent until proven guilty...Plain and simple. Congrats Barry.
    He's already been proven guilty of being a jerk.
    He's put on a nice face for most of the last two years unless someone asks him something he doesn't want to hear.
    And his kids seem to like him so it's possible he is in fact human but I can't give him props.
    Congrats to Giants fans though I guess.

  4. #24
    mnvikes61's Avatar
    mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,159

    Re: Bonds Hits *756

    Did anyone else read the article, can't remember what city it was in, but they were saying that his elbow armor could in fact him hit homers because of it's design. I'll try and dig it up. I found it on the Minnesota Twins official website so if I can't find a link to the article itself I'll post a link to the forum where it was being discussed. If you include the steroids and supposedly this new theory, Bonds should not have even cracked 650 yet alone 756. From 1980 through today it's the steroids baseball era, very sad.

    Couldn't find a link to the direct article so here's a link to the forum where they were discussing the article. The article is also posted here as well. http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ml-twins&tid=26621

    Thanks Josdin

  5. #25
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Bonds Hits *756

    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    Did anyone else read the article, can't remember what city it was in, but they were saying that his elbow armor could in fact him hit homers because of it's design. I'll try and dig it up. I found it on the Minnesota Twins official website so if I can't find a link to the article itself I'll post a link to the forum where it was being discussed. If you include the steroids and supposedly this new theory, Bonds should not have even cracked 650 yet alone 756. From 1980 through today it's the steroids baseball era, very sad.
    I could care less about the elbow thing...it isn't banned by baseball and more importantly it isn't an illegal substance.

    I'd categorize that under advances in science.
    I'm all about breaking some records, but lets not cheat in the process.

  6. #26
    mnvikes61's Avatar
    mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,159

    Re: Bonds Hits *756

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    Did anyone else read the article, can't remember what city it was in, but they were saying that his elbow armor could in fact him hit homers because of it's design. I'll try and dig it up. I found it on the Minnesota Twins official website so if I can't find a link to the article itself I'll post a link to the forum where it was being discussed. If you include the steroids and supposedly this new theory, Bonds should not have even cracked 650 yet alone 756. From 1980 through today it's the steroids baseball era, very sad.
    I could care less about the elbow thing...it isn't banned by baseball and more importantly it isn't an illegal substance.

    I'd categorize that under advances in science.
    I'm all about breaking some records, but lets not cheat in the process.
    Well it's interesting. I know it isn't banned but I say it should be. Hitters can pad up and then lean right over the plate giving them an unfair advantage that the Babe Ruths and Hank Aarons didn't have. I realize that technology has advanced but why allow the batter to lean over the plate?

    Thanks Josdin

  7. #27
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Bonds Hits *756

    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    I am not sure where to go on this one.

    Since baseball did not technically ban substances, what he may or may not have done is legal.

    So, rather than blame Bonds or the others, maybe the blame should rest squarely on major league baseball.
    If murder was legal would that make it ok?


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  8. #28
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re: Bonds Hits *756

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    I am not sure where to go on this one.

    Since baseball did not technically ban substances, what he may or may not have done is legal.

    So, rather than blame Bonds or the others, maybe the blame should rest squarely on major league baseball.
    If murder was legal would that make it ok?
    Are you sure they didn't ban substances? I think they were illegal but just not enforced.
    I do wonder what would happen if they decided to unban steroids. It would make the game more entertaining. If they really cause players to hit harder, run faster, make better decisions, see the ball better, an play longer in there careers maybe those things out way the side effects of mood swings and shrinking testicles. Just food for thought.
    If murder was legal I don't think baseball would be our biggest concern anymore.

  9. #29
    cc21 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,599

    Re: Bonds Hits *756

    "lakehubertviking" wrote:
    "cc21" wrote:
    Innocent until proven guilty...Plain and simple. Congrats Barry.
    He's already been proven guilty of being a jerk.
    He's put on a nice face for most of the last two years unless someone asks him something he doesn't want to hear.
    And his kids seem to like him so it's possible he is in fact human but I can't give him props.
    Congrats to Giants fans though I guess.
    Being a jerk doesnt help you play ball...

  10. #30
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: Bonds Hits *756

    That was quick: Bonds hits 757th homer

    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7105386?MSNHPHMA

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Giants Let Bonds Go
    By COJOMAY in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 08:31 PM
  2. Bonds hits 755
    By tb04512 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 04:11 PM
  3. Barry Bonds
    By vikesoto in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 151
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 05:16 PM
  4. Bonds hit in head
    By MightyVikes12391 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 12:56 AM
  5. Barry Bonds????
    By snowinapril in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-24-2005, 12:40 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •