Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Bobby Knight

  1. #11
    DarrinNelsonguy's Avatar
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: Bobby Knight

    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    My cousin is on that show. His name is Arvin and he wears the number 3 jersey. He is the one with the big mouth.

    ESPN has made him sign a contract on not being able to talk about the show. he won't even tell my uncle (his own dad) how far he has gotten. He has made it through two rounds of cuts so far.
    That is cool man, yeah Arvin can handle the ball but I like how The General gets on him for pounding that ball too much and he takes the ball and throws it away saying that it is worn out.

    Anyway I though the show was pretty good so far, when was this taped or are they taping it now still?
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

  2. #12
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Bobby Knight

    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Have you guys seen the previews for the tv show where Knight gives a walk on roster spot to one of 16 kids? It looks like it may be interesting.
    He should let that autistic kid from Rochester NY walk on....kid can hit the three-ball for sure!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  3. #13
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Bobby Knight

    Knight is THE MAN!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  4. #14
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Bobby Knight

    I caught the first episode and thought it was pretty good.

    One question though....he's not doing this now is he? Because Texas Tech is still playing in the season and if it was filmed prior to the season we'd already know who won. Is he adding a 16th player for the postseason? Or is this for next year already?

  5. #15
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Bobby Knight

    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "2beersTommy" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Have you guys seen the previews for the tv show where Knight gives a walk on roster spot to one of 16 kids? It looks like it may be interesting.
    id say..that guys explosive lol..who knows wtf will happen..gonna be good !
    I love the quote he has in the preview when he asks a kid who he would listen to if his mom showed up? And it cuts to Knight saying you better believe that. The General deserves to be at a program better than TTU.
    True that!!! The University of Houston should hire him...he could bring them back to the Phi Slamma Jamma days!!! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  6. #16
    michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,876

    Re: Bobby Knight

    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    My cousin is on that show. His name is Arvin and he wears the number 3 jersey. He is the one with the big mouth.

    ESPN has made him sign a contract on not being able to talk about the show. he won't even tell my uncle (his own dad) how far he has gotten. He has made it through two rounds of cuts so far.
    That is cool man, yeah Arvin can handle the ball but I like how The General gets on him for pounding that ball too much and he takes the ball and throws it away saying that it is worn out.

    Anyway I though the show was pretty good so far, when was this taped or are they taping it now still?
    the show finished taping in november and all I can tell you is that my cousin ain't on the team as of today.

  7. #17
    DarrinNelsonguy's Avatar
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: Bobby Knight

    "ltrey33" wrote:
    I caught the first episode and thought it was pretty good.

    One question though....he's not doing this now is he? Because Texas Tech is still playing in the season and if it was filmed prior to the season we'd already know who won. Is he adding a 16th player for the postseason? Or is this for next year already?
    The kid earns the roster spot for next season and I don't know if they are filming it now or if it was filmed earlier this season.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

  8. #18
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Bobby Knight

    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    I hope Texas realizes that hes over the hill and past his prime.
    Yeah right...that's why he showed up in West Texas and made Tech a force to be reckoned with in a very short period of time. Put him at a school where he gets top prospects just based on the name of the school *cough* UT *cough* and he contends for the national title!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  9. #19
    DarrinNelsonguy's Avatar
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: Bobby Knight

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    I hope Texas realizes that hes over the hill and past his prime.
    Yeah right...that's why he showed up in West Texas and made Tech a force to be reckoned with in a very short period of time. Put him at a school where he gets top prospects just based on the name of the school *cough* UT *cough* and he contends for the national title!
    Yeah the General needs to get back to a conference and school where basketball is relevant.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

  10. #20
    Turboe's Avatar
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,593

    Re: Bobby Knight

    I just love Knight, I have watched about 1/2 of the first show on TiVo and like what I have seen so far. I just love that Knight is not PC and never will be. He calls a spade a spade. I like what I have seen so far.

    I want to go bird hunting with Bobby Knight sometime, I think that would be one of life's great pleasures.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Bobby Knight resigns effective immediately
    By shockzilla in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 04:15 AM
  2. Knight Rider or Knight Boozer?
    By singersp in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-05-2007, 04:19 AM
  3. bobby knight need anger managment (out takes)
    By thetrenches68OL in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 07:14 AM
  4. Bobby "Fuckin'" Knight and golf.
    By Prophet in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 02:24 AM
  5. Bob Knight Sig
    By PurpleMafia in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 04:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •