Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

BLUE GRAY GAME Called Off

I just saw a news flash that the Blue Gray game was called off because of the lack of sponsors.

I haven't watched it in a while. But it was a nice arena for the Good players(seniors) to get one more chance to play. It seems like the NFL and their scouts would like this game and have some way to sponsor it.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Maybe the sponsors don't want to touch it anymore because of the Civil War connotations...the NFL should sponsor ALL of the all-star games anyway, because that is all the games are really good for...scouting players for the NFL.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Maybe the sponsors don't want to touch it anymore because of the Civil War connotations...the NFL should sponsor ALL of the all-star games anyway, because that is all the games are really good for...scouting players for the NFL.
    Good point, then the name should be changed.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    asking naively, is the Civil War links a serous problem for some people then ? I know people jest about those ' damn yankees' or 'rednecks' , but surely there can't still be a bitterness around- or is it just political correctness gone too far ?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    asking naively, is the Civil War links a serous problem for some people then ? I know people jest about those ' damn yankees' or 'rednecks' , but surely there can't still be a bitterness around- or is it just political correctness gone too far ?

what you talken bout leeeeroy :blackeye: j/k it is still a sad story and part of our great history :silent: any way you look at it :|
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Tidbits.

I am a damn yankee. A notherner that won't go home to the north, from MN live in TX.

Yes there are quite a few people that are bitter about losing the civil war.

In my opinion, it is still linked to the way people see the afro-americans.

By no way am I saying that all or even most of the people are still anti-afro-americans but there are some that still don't have a problem expressing it.

My biggest pet peeve is the confederate flag. When I see it, I wonder why that person that flies it still lives in America. As an American, I believe they have a right to fly it, I just don't understand why?

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Tidbits.

I am a damn yankee. A notherner that won't go home to the north, from MN live in TX.

By no way am I saying that all or even most of the people are still anti-afro-americans but there are some that still don't have a problem expressing it.

My biggest pet peeve is the confederate flag. When I see it, I wonder why that person that flies it still lives in America. As an American, I believe they have a right to fly it, I just don't understand why?

They might be from the proud state of Alabama "Roll Tide" like me :roll: nothing meant by it just where I am from [-(
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    call it the "PRESENT"

"casper" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Tidbits.

They might be from the proud state of Alabama "Roll Tide" like me :roll: nothing meant by it just where I am from [-(
    Casper,

Is my definition of a Damn Yank correct? That is what I was told, can you concur? "DO YOU CONCUR?" That is from the Crimson Tide, Denzel?????? Or was that from Hunt for Red October???? Anyway it is Navy related.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Probably PC gone too far...but you gotta go with the flow...and if the flow says it could possibly be offensive to some, you gotta get rid of it...works for me...all I wanna see is more football, don't matter what you call the game! :cheers:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "casper" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Tidbits.

Casper,

Is my definition of a Damn Yank correct? That is what I was told, can you concur? "DO YOU CONCUR?" That is from the Crimson Tide, Denzel?????? Or was that from Hunt for Red October???? Anyway it is Navy related.
    The First Variant about Damn Yankee started after the civial war because the Carpet Bagers most of the Northeners would travel though out the war torn South and Scam local folks for their land or valuables high tailing it back to the north. hence those "Damn Yankies"

the Second Variant about Dam Yankies proably started in Europe during the one of the big ones WW type because the Americans where called yanks and they were always being rude crude and sociably unacceptable so they would be called "DAMN YANKS" but

The third and Modern Day Variant is like my Father who's family Hails from the great state of Minnesota (Winnona to be exact) upon returning from Veitnam/Thailand he is stationed in Alabama, retires there and finds himself as a Damn Yankee the definitions of which is:

A Yankee is some one who goes to the south spend all his money then goes home :arrow: a Damn Yankee is some one who goes to the south spend all his money finds himself in debit and has to stay to work it off :!:

Thankfully DAD was a gratudate of Wisconsin State University at River Falls and became a teacher of physics and math never to returned to the great state of his family and is buried where he found peace and happyness... never the less a "Damn Yankee"

of course his grand daughters :shock: my daughters are kindly know as Southern Bells

And "Roll Tide" is one of the BEST collage football teams Motto's :tongue: silly

that is how I concur :wink:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    call it the "PRESENT"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast