Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Bin Laden is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by "battleaxe4cheese" #1095984
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095940
    Quote Originally Posted by "BadlandsVikings" #1095938
    Why was he dumped at sea?
    Probably because he's a war general. Was it the US or Afghans who did it?
    More likely because that way nobody could actually physically verify. I mean they actually said out of respect for the islamic community they wanted to kill and bury in less than 24 hours their largest folk hero in the islamic community? WTF? Out of respect...we killed your hero. I am a former marine and love my country but something really stinks about this. I am hoisting the BS flag. Out.
    and the same reason that Hitlers body was burned after his suicide.. stop the zealot followers from turning any burial spot into a shrine of rememberance.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1095985
    More likely because that way nobody could actually physically verify. I mean they actually said out of respect for the islamic community they wanted to kill and bury in less than 24 hours their largest folk hero in the islamic community? WTF? Out of respect...we killed your hero. I am a former marine and love my country but something really stinks about this. I am hoisting the BS flag. Out.
    So do you think they didn't get him and al-Qaida isn't disputing the reports cause they don't
    want to cause trouble....why?
    Whether or not they got him or didnt is irrelevant. What is perceived is. Who stands to gain from this? Well the administration of course. Tanking poll numbers,bad economy,gas prices... Am I a fan of this administration no. Was I a fan of the last one, no. It has been reported that there is going to be Islamic retalliation on a large scale if this is believed. Who gains from that? I would of kept a lid on it and buried him quietly. The American people would have been better off if they didnt announce this. Now we will be targeted even more. For what? Poll numbers? For temporary sense of retribution and accomplishment for we as a people? Lets say they did kill the guy, they just spawned a million more through martyrdom and nobody wins from that.
    Semper Fi.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

see ya bitch
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "triedandtruevikesfan" #1095943
    Was just listening to something about why he was buried at sea... has to do with the Islam belief of needing to be buried within 24 hours and no country wanting him buried in their soil.
    True.
    Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1095944
    I think it prevents giving some of these nutjobs a place to go as a martyr site
    Also true.
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095947
    Quote Originally Posted by "triedandtruevikesfan" #1095943
    Was just listening to something about why he was buried at sea... has to do with the Islam belief of needing to be buried within 24 hours and no country wanting him buried in their soil.
    I'm willing to be he's been dead for over 24 hours though.

They said they did a DNA analysis to confirm. The time it would take to get dna to a lab and analyze it takes quite a while, this isn't CSI.

I would believe the latter half of that though.
    Not so much.

Creating a DNA Profile using the newest methods from a sample only takes about an hour. But labs are typically very backlogged, so it can take months... something tells me they could get this one done rather quickly.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "battleaxe4cheese" #1095988
    Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1095985
    So do you think they didn't get him and al-Qaida isn't disputing the reports cause they don't
    want to cause trouble....why?
    Whether or not they got him or didnt is irrelevant. What is perceived is. Who stands to gain from this? Well the administration of course. Tanking poll numbers,bad economy,gas prices... Am I a fan of this administration no. Was I a fan of the last one, no. It has been reported that there is going to be Islamic retalliation on a large scale if this is believed. Who gains from that? I would of kept a lid on it and buried him quietly. The American people would have been better off if they didnt announce this. Now we will be targeted even more. For what? Poll numbers? For temporary sense of retribution and accomplishment for we as a people? Lets say they did kill the guy, they just spawned a million more through martyrdom and nobody wins from that.
    Semper Fi.
    How do you figure?

Al Quaida would notice if Bin laden was killed. It doesn't matter if the government tells people or not, if they plan on retaliating, it will happen.

What would be worse? You kill bin Laden, tell everyone, they up security and there's a retaliation, or you kil bin Laden, keep it quiet, and there's a retaliation, only to be revealed that the US killed bin Laden, but kept it quiet.

How do you think that would go over?

I heard Ultra hit him with his hammer.

Life ban!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1095995
    Creating a DNA Profile using the newest methods from a sample only takes about an hour. But labs are typically very backlogged, so it can take months... something tells me they could get this one done rather quickly.
    If it only takes an hour, much of which probably doesn't require human interaction, why are the labs so backlogged? :P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1096010
    If it only takes an hour, much of which probably doesn't require human interaction, why are the labs so backlogged? :P
    Hey there's a 10 year wait on the FBI most wanted list wasn't that long enough :huh:

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1096010
    Because there are thousands of cases, they do more than just DNA, most labs are undermanned and underfunded, they lack the newest technology which is capable of doing it in an hour, and frequently they have to limit the number of cases they do annually due to budget restrictions(DNA analysis can be expensive.)

Coincidentally, this info comes from my class on DNA in Criminal Investigation. It was taught by a professor who was the World Center DNA Identification Manager(he's also assistant director at the NY Office Chief Medical Examiner), I'd imagine he'd be pretty happy about today's news.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

What an honorable way to go down:
    The White House anti-terrorism chief said that the woman that was killed was one of bin Laden's four wives and was being used as a human shield at the time. Two other women, who were also used as shields, were injured during the raid.
    What could have been a more fitting action by Bin Laden to do before he dies? I don't like to celebrate anyone's death, but I will say that I'm definitely not gonna grief over this one.

EDIT: Media says that it might have been another man's wife who was killed, but still...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast