Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Bin Laden is dead.

A little history.....

I had just retired from active duty Navy (Aug 31) and was sitting at home drinking a cup of coffee wondering which job offer I was going to accept, when 9/11 happened.

The very next day I recieved a call, from a company that would soon become my new boss, who wanted to hire me to work a Homeland Security/Defense mission as a telecomunications planner, which I readily accepted.

Spent the next 5 years planning with citys/states/local agencies when it came to integrating DoD comms into the first responder comms when/if a 9/11 event ever happed again.

That position was followed by a promotion to do what I do now, train the troops for the missions in Iraq and Afghanistan (the comms closet I joke about on here).

Suffice it to say, my life has been deeply interwoven with the pursuit of this man (and his minions) and to find out our troops had successfully removed this threat from the world, late last night (I was standing a shift in the comm closet) was pure joy.

Long story short, and speaking from experience, when/if you have the opportunity to see a young man or woman in a uniform (Soldier/Sailor/Airmen/Marine/Coastgaurd etc) thank them for their service.

They deserve that thanks today because at some point during their short careers, I am sure they have had a hand in this effort.

IT IS A GREAT DAY TO BE AN AMERICAN MY FRIENDS.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M

Blog Entries

I still maintain the Canadians killed him, they just struck a deal with the US so we can keep our position as looking like your little brother :P

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Ordinarily I wouldn't be one to celebrate a death as I don't believe that is the best way for justice to be served, but in this case, execution seemed inevitable anyway so his death in the firefight(although Obama did say "after a firefight") is great.

This coward ran and hid for 10 years, was painted as the face of terrorism and evil on Earth after masterminding an attack on American innocents. Anyone who doesn't feel a little joy from his death needs to do some introspection.

His death ultimately changes nothing, but it sure feels good to me.

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

How bin Laden Was Hunted Down

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42853221/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/?gt1=43001

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1095908
    Osama Bin Laden Killed By Navy Seals in Firefight

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/osama-bin-laden-killed-navy-seals-firefight/story?id=13505792&sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4dbe922460 111df8%2C0
    Blue and Gold, Proud to Serve, .......The good lord loves a sailor.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095914
    A little history.....

I had just retired from active duty Navy (Aug 31) and was sitting at home drinking a cup of coffee wondering which job offer I was going to accept, when 9/11 happened.

The very next day I recieved a call, from a company that would soon become my new boss, who wanted to hire me to work a Homeland Security/Defense mission as a telecomunications planner, which I readily accepted.

Spent the next 5 years planning with citys/states/local agencies when it came to integrating DoD comms into the first responder comms when/if a 9/11 event ever happed again.

That position was followed by a promotion to do what I do now, train the troops for the missions in Iraq and Afghanistan (the comms closet I joke about on here).

Suffice it to say, my life has been deeply interwoven with the pursuit of this man (and his minions) and to find out our troops had successfully removed this threat from the world, late last night (I was standing a shift in the comm closet) was pure joy.

Long story short, and speaking from experience, when/if you have the opportunity to see a young man or woman in a uniform (Soldier/Sailor/Airmen/Marine/Coastgaurd etc) thank them for their service.

They deserve that thanks today because at some point during their short careers, I am sure they have had a hand in this effort.

Amen Marr, and thank you for all your hard work and dedication as well!

Quote Originally Posted by "triedandtruevikesfan" #1095936
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095914
    A little history.....

Amen Marr, and thank you for all your hard work and dedication as well!
    Thanks, but I deserve no credit. All I do is spew forth drivel on PPO all day. :laugh:

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

Why was he dumped at sea?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095937
    All I do is spew forth drivel on PPO all day. :laugh:
    Nonsense, you also spit coffee on your computer from time to time.

Probably why you are sent to the closet so often. Your IT dept keeps getting pissed they have to do frequent cleanups at Marty's desk.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast