Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bill would ban swearing in bars

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    For some reason this story brought back a few fond memories of "The River Walk" in San Antonio.

    I've been all around the world (mostly in a drunken stupor) and this little know secret is one of the best times I ever had.
    ;D

    http://www.thesanantonioriverwalk.com/
    Ah the river walk.
    Spent a lot of time there when I was at Lackland AFB...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #12
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Bill would ban swearing in bars

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    For some reason this story brought back a few fond memories of "The River Walk" in San Antonio.

    I've been all around the world (mostly in a drunken stupor) and this little know secret is one of the best times I ever had.
    ;D

    http://www.thesanantonioriverwalk.com/
    Tell me more about it. I am excited! I am going to be there January 19th to the 24th.

  3. #13
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Bill would ban swearing in bars

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    For some reason this story brought back a few fond memories of "The River Walk" in San Antonio.

    I've been all around the world (mostly in a drunken stupor) and this little know secret is one of the best times I ever had.
    ;D

    http://www.thesanantonioriverwalk.com/
    Tell me more about it. I am excited! I am going to be there January 19th to the 24th.
    You never responded Marrdro!

  4. #14
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,005

    Re: Bill would ban swearing in bars

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    ST. CHARLES, Mo. - What the ...? A St. Louis-area town is considering a bill that would ban swearing in bars, along with table-dancing, drinking contests and profane music.

    City officials contend the bill is needed to keep rowdy crowds under control because the historic downtown area gets a little too lively on some nights.

    City Councilman Richard Veit said he was prompted to propose the bill after complaints about bad bar behavior. He says it will give police some rules to enforce when things get too rowdy.

    But some bar owners worry the bill is too vague and restrictive, saying it may be a violation of their civil rights.

    Marc Rousseau, who owns bar R.T. Weilers, said he thinks the bill needs revision.

    "We're dealing with adults here once again and I don't think it's the city's job or the government's job to determine what we can and cannot play in our restaurant," Rousseau said.

    The proposal would ban indecent, profane or obscene language, songs, entertainment and literature at bars.

    A meeting to discuss the proposal is set for Jan. 14.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080108/ap_on_fe_st/odd_cussing_ban
    Will get shot down or appealed...it goes against the US Constitutional right of Freedom of Speech. Unconstitutional laws won't make it past the US court of appeals...

    A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

  5. #15
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Bill would ban swearing in bars

    Fuck that.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. #@*! Swearing really is a powerful painkiller
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 06:46 PM
  2. No swearing in South Pasadena this week
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 11:36 AM
  3. Swearing At Work Boosts Morale And Team Spirit
    By singersp in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-21-2007, 10:48 AM
  4. Vikings bars
    By V-Unit in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 07:24 PM
  5. #15 and #23 Top Bars In America, SI
    By koolkev8 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-06-2005, 10:53 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •